Damien

Reno Mage Gadgetzan Standard

9 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Guest Prism said:

Is there any specific reason Inkmaster Solia is not included in this deck?

I'm not sure either but I personally use her in my version of the deck. She works out very well. 

1 hour ago, Guest Prism said:

Is there any specific reason Inkmaster Solia is not included in this deck?

It's because you already have a tempo disadvantage, and playing a 7 mana 5/5 is going to make it even worse. Since it is a reno deck, you cannot consistently have Flamestrike or Firelands Portal in your hand after you play her, which is what makes her not good enough to make the cut. She's really close though, and can be used as a "budget" swap, or a flavour swap if you want to play her anyway.

1 hour ago, TheEviscerator said:

replacement for alex please?

Alexstrasza is very important, as she allows you to either OTK, or to live long enough to collect burn to kill your opponent. You could go for Archmage Antonidas as your additional win condition, though your winrate against aggro decks will drop a bit.

I am missing Forbidden FlameArcane Blast and Flame Lance and for the Medivh version, I am missing Cabalist's Tome and Arcane Blast (this card is killing me, why it is everywhere?), what can I replace them with?

Also I have 800 dust, so I can craft them, but I don't know if I want to play reno mage for a long time, is it good? Or should I save for Inkmaster Solia?

1 hour ago, FanOfValeera said:

I am missing Forbidden FlameArcane Blast and Flame Lance and for the Medivh version, I am missing Cabalist's Tome and Arcane Blast (this card is killing me, why it is everywhere?), what can I replace them with?

Also I have 800 dust, so I can craft them, but I don't know if I want to play reno mage for a long time, is it good? Or should I save for Inkmaster Solia?

Dirty Rat is an alright inclusion. Mind Control Tech is a fine swap as well. Twilight Flamecaller as an early AoE + body is helpful as well. 

Forbidden Flame isn't important enough to be crafted. Arcane Blast and Flame Lance are going to rotate out soon(ish), so it might be better to invest dust into something that will last for longer time. Inkmaster Solia isn't simply good enough to be included. She can be used as a "budget" swap for a card that you don't have, but I prefer not running the card as the value you get is sometimes poor due to the inconsistency of Reno decks. My recommendation from the cards you listed is Cabalist's Tome and while I love the card, there might be better investments in other decks you can make at the moment.

1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

Dirty Rat is an alright inclusion. Mind Control Tech is a fine swap as well. Twilight Flamecaller as an early AoE + body is helpful as well. 

Forbidden Flame isn't important enough to be crafted. Arcane Blast and Flame Lance are going to rotate out soon(ish), so it might be better to invest dust into something that will last for longer time. Inkmaster Solia isn't simply good enough to be included. She can be used as a "budget" swap for a card that you don't have, but I prefer not running the card as the value you get is sometimes poor due to the inconsistency of Reno decks. My recommendation from the cards you listed is Cabalist's Tome and while I love the card, there might be better investments in other decks you can make at the moment.

Well, before I've seen this reply, I created the deck to feel the vibe. I did the exact same replacements.

For the deck, I went off to a bad start, but I think I'll learn how to play soon enough. So far both warlock and priest equivalents served me better.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor