Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steven

Holy Paladin PvE Guide Question(s)

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I was noticing in the "Holy Paladin PvE Guide: Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities" guide under the heading "1.1. Additional Actions To Perform" it said "Try to melee the boss whenever possible in order to regenerate as much mana as possible from Seal of Insight." This seemed odd to me. I know we wear plate armour but should we really be up front meleeing a boss?

As from a Holy perspective, you should ALWAYS melee a boss whenever you can. This is because that your Seal gives you a chance to gain mana, which is about 1k mana. That's a LOT of mana, and you should get it whenever you are not healing or while you have Divine Plea active.

1 person likes this

Interesting, I never thought that would be something I would be doing as a healer. I'll start doing this whenever I can, thanks.

Crixalis is correct, you should be in melee range whenever you can (meaning, whenever fight mechanics do not require you to be elsewhere) so that you can autoattack the boss.

The mana gain benefit of spell_holy_healingaura.jpgSeal of Insight is apparent from its tooltip :)

Let us know if you have any other questions about the guide or any class in general.

Mana returns aside, crusader strike is an excellent, cheap way to gain holy power when you don't need holy radiance (early on madness, ultraxion, yorsahj, et al).

1 person likes this

Mana returns aside, crusader strike is an excellent, cheap way to gain holy power when you don't need holy radiance (early on madness, ultraxion, yorsahj, et al).

Yep, it certainly is awesome. It's mentioned in our guide, too :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Murloc Aggro Paladin Gadgetzan Standard Deck
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Aggro Paladin Standard Deck
    • By stormcaster
      I will keep this brief as I know folks like to get to the point!
      We are a 7/7M 3/3H raid team looking to add one Resto Shaman or one Holy/Disc Priest to our core raid team. We are on the PVE server Uldum and have been raiding since Vanilla. We raid Tues and Thurs from 8-11 EST and Sunday from 7-11EST. Hit me up in game if this sounds like a match with what you are looking for and we can chat, look at logs, etc!
      Stormcaster#1629

• By Sappora
      Methodical is in search of dedicated players that are looking to push content in a semi-hardcore environment. All of our raiders try to be on a first-name basis with each other. Our raids are very fun when it comes to farm and carries, however, we do clean up when it's time for progression. When it comes to raiding we do provide benefits, paid for by selling carries. 
      All-in-all we are looking for players willing to: consistently improve their performance, take responsibility, and synergize with a group of players. If this interests you, all of our info is below.
      Information:
      Guild: Methodical
      Creation: 2013
      Server: Bleeding Hollow
      Faction: Horde
      VoIP: Discord
      Raids:
      Raid Progression: 4/7 M EN 2/3 H ToV
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Benefits:
      Spirit Cauldrons
      Potion Program
      Extensive Raid Repairs
      Recruitment:
      The below are just current needs, we are accepting all exceptional players.
      Tanks: N/A, looking for OS tanks and subs.
      Ranged: Boomkin & Others , & looking for subs
      Melee: Open (Non-Leather), & looking for subs.
      Healers: Restoration Shaman, looking for subs.
      If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and our raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)

• By Tazinas
      So I've just changed my spec from elemental to enhancement which means I still have some crit chance in the sockets.
      My problem is that I think I'm not doing as much dps as I should with my current gear :
       http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dun-morogh/Tazînas/advanced
      Logs from the last raid :
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wFA1DCt68Q7PBZH4/#fight=1&type=damage-done

Would be nice if someone could tell me what I can do better / where to improve :)