Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GFR

Lei Shen Tricket

7 posts in this topic

Just Curious how you all are handling applying Doom when there is only a 4sec window. I mean you got plenty going on that if I'm in the middle of a cast etc by the time I meta and rdy to cast a doom out one target is about all I'm having time for. Was thinking bout a macro of some sort but I'm not sure what command would allow me to keep casting multi target dooms. Anyways, any input here would be great:)

Edited by GFR

Hey GFR, good question. I was faced with this dilemma when i first got the trinket and i solved it was by tying a stopcasting macro into my Meta like this:

/stopcasting

/cast Metamorphosis

Cast meta as soon as u get the proc so it will stop casting and put u in meta immediatly with one button. Its pretty simple but it works for me. I also have a weak auras setup to alert me right when my trinket procs so i can hit meta to get 3 dooms in usually. Im not a hardcore raider or a min-maxer but I hope this helps Posted Image

Edited by Veiviseren
1 person likes this

Yes thx! I forgot about the stop cast command. Will add it :) I'm not a hardcore either but I do try and rock the lock. Cheers!

I actually have stop cast bound to my middle mouse button, and by now it's simply a reflex than when I see my big, pink Weak Aura pop up to hit my middle mouse button, then 7 and 1 to go Meta and use Doom. But, that aside, you were about how to find the time to get in more than one Doom. Let's look at it this way.

The worst case scenario is your trinket procs right as you start casting a spell. Begin your four second timer. Aside from hard-casting Soulfire (which I'm going to assume you know not to ever do), the longest cast you're going to have is Shadow Bolt at 2 seconds at 0% haste. Meta doesn't use the GCD, and Doom is an instant cast which then triggers the GCD, 1.5 seconds 0% haste. Because instant casts happen and THEN trigger the GCD, you can fit another Doom in with half of a second left. Timewise, it looks like this:

0.00: Perfect Aim procs.

0.00: Begin casting Shadow Bolt

2.00: Shadow Bolt casts

2.00: Cast Meta

2.00: Cast Doom

3.50: Cast Doom

4:00: Perfect Aim ends

That's at 0% Haste. If you're at the 12.5% haste threshold (3046 haste IIRC), you will actually be casting that second Doom at 3.11 seconds. If you're at the 25% threshold (8096), you cast the second Doom at 2.80 on the clock, and the second GCD ends right at 4.00. Were you casting Soulfire instead of Shadow Bolt, you'd have enough time to get a third Doom in if you're at the 25% threshold.

The biggest thing to do to help get your reactions up to speed is to make sure whatever addons you use have a way of very quickly and obviously notifying you of the proc. I use Weak Auras and have a big, pink, spinning runic circle centered around my character. Many warlocks on here, who raid in very serious progression guilds, do the same thing. Some also include an audio alert to it (like a siren) to give the extra stimulus to trigger the reflex. Since Meta doesn't use the GCD, you can also macro this:

/stopcasting

/cast Metamorphosis

/cast Doom

1 person likes this

/stopcasting

/cast Metamorphosis

/cast Doom

Hi there.

I'm pretty sure this macro doesn't work because while you use doom the server still thinks you're not in meta yet so you have to put "corruption".

I'm pretty sure you're having issues with applying doom to multiple targets such as council. I found a super awesome macro here on the forum, actually 4!

I did bind them to F1-F4.

#showtooltipDoom

/stopcasting

/cast [form:0]Metamorphosis;[form:1]

/cast [@boss1] Corruption

Just smash the hell out of this macro as soon as you get a procc and you'll have doom applied very fast. If you have multiple targets, just change the boss1 to boss2. For council, I have 4 macros (on F1-F4 as I said).

#showtooltipDoom

/stopcasting

/cast [@boss1] Corruption

#showtooltipDoom

/stopcasting

/cast [@boss2] Corruption

#showtooltipDoom

/stopcasting

/cast [@boss3] Corruption

... etc. You get the idea!

Good luck bro!

Edited by Lappenforce

Hi there.

I'm pretty sure this macro doesn't work because while you use doom the server still thinks you're not in meta yet so you have to put "corruption".

Good catch! The macros you have work as well, though I'm not a fan of a macro I have to change every encounter. Adjust the one I wrote as

#showtooltip Corruption

/stopcasting

/cast [form:0] Metamorphosis

/cast [@focus, mod: alt] Corruption; Corruption

It will now correctly halt any spells, enter meta if you're not in it, and apply doom immediately to your target, or your focus if you hold alt (I use alt for most macro modifiers, but shift or ctrl will also work). For @boss1, @boss2, etc... I've never seen that. Do you have to replace those with the boss names or change it to whichever boss is where? I would get terribly confused remembering which boss is which number in a four-boss encounter like Council or, worse, an encounter with a boss you can't target like Magaera. To each, his own.

No you don't have to fill in the bossnames, well you could of course. You don't have to put names because boss1 would be sul on council, lul'in on twins (if im right) etc. This macro is basically perfect for the council opener, spam F1-F4 and have doom on all 4 without any worries and clicking rampage. If there's only one boss I just use the first one. Btw, i'm pretty sure this works on qon hc aswell, talking about last phase with so much going on + a sudden lei shen proc. F1-F4 and you're safe!

Cheers.