FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lomir

Fire Mage disappointing DPS

Hi! i'm Fire Mage il 526 and i'm doing only 100-110k dps not more and sometimes less. All the time i use te rotation from Icy but i have no idea what i do wrong. Here is link to my armory

http://www.askmrrobo...bloodhoof/lomir

Today i have found rotation for Combustion by Vladamyr but i have no time to try it. Any one from you have more tips for fire? Its important for me because one of guy from my guild every raid tell that with my il i must to do min 125-130k dps even more. I have one more question. When i must to refresh Living Bomb before explod or after? Thanks for every tip.

Edited by Lomir

Hi! i'm Fire Mage il 526 and i'm doing only 100-110k dps not more and sometimes less. All the time i use te rotation from Icy but i have no idea what i do wrong. Here is link to my armory

http://www.askmrrobo...bloodhoof/lomir

Today i have found rotation for Combustion by Vladamyr but i have no time to try it. Any one from you have more tips for fire? Its important for me because one of guy from my guild every raid tell that with my il i must to do min 125-130k dps even more. I have one more question. When i must to refresh Living Bomb before explod or after? Thanks for every tip.

After. Let me explain the reason: you keep up Living Bomb for the debuff that boosts your other fire spells' effects on them. So you actually want to wait as long as you can before refreshing it - until after it explodes. Or refresh it when you get a proc from your trinket that would increase its power. And I would add, ALWAYS refresh Living Bomb when you get Heating Up + Pyroblast! lined up so you don't have to interrupt the sequence if things go crazy.

That said, much better to refresh a little too early, when you're thinking about it, than too late.

I think it'd help if you changed out your haste that puts you over 5036 for mastery. Combustion is a lottt of your damage, and mastery increases it by a lot, the little extra haste that doesn't hit any more breakpoints is borderline useless in comparison to the combustion and ignite difference you'll get. Since you're barely over and don't have a lot to put into mastery, the next few ilvl should really boost your DPS.

Edited by Mit213

We could help you even more, if you provide a World of logs link about some of your fights.