FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kazistrasz

Jin'rokh CD Usage

So, I had a question. I'm only doing normal modes still, because my guild is having issues (why can't I clone myself 9 times?). But, I'm still very much concerned with my own performance and getting the most out of my lock. When it comes to Jin'rokh, we're popping hero on the first puddle like pretty much everyone else. I have two ways of looking at this.

If I save my CDs for the first puddle and am very, very quick to get into that puddle, I can fit them in at the very end of the second puddle. But, then I can't hit them again until right before the fourth puddle.

Or, if I use them right off the bat on the pull, I can get them again at the start of the second puddle and at the end of the third puddle, which gives me a better chance of getting three sets of CDs in on the fight at the expense of not using them under Hero.

Thoughts on which way is better to go?

Ya I have a hard time seeing how getting an extra DS over the course of 3 puddles would outweigh having DS + Hero during a puddle. The time spent before the first puddle is pretty beneficial as well since you can pool fury/embers for the first puddle making CD usage even better than popping right off the bat. The only thing I can see being RNGish is that you might not have your procs line up with the first puddle where they will more than likely be up right at the start of the fight. I still think the puddle buff + hero outweighs this though.

Test it out in an LFR or something if you can get them to pop hero at the right time Posted Image

i thought over this today as my guild dropped H Jin'Rokh for the first time. I thought to keep it all for the puddle, but 1) I knew my luck with RNG is laughable, and 2) depending on how long the fight lasts, i may need it again for a final push. I decided to use at the start, and it came up again as we were in our last puddle with him at 23%. Coincidence? Nah.

That being said, do what you think is best; if the dps of your group overall is solid, i'd save it for the puddle.

Well, I've tried it both ways a bit. Jenaye, my group overall is solid as far as players, but I'm our highest DPS by a fairly considerable margine (I'm the most geared, but only by 4ilvl; I'm just good at abusing fight and class mechanics).

We're rather consistently getting a third puddle, but not near the fourth. When I did it on LFR last week (which I use for practicing these types of things), I popped everything at the start. Everything proc'd at the start like it normally does, and I came out at the end with 204k DPS. I managed to pool and use enough MC stacks that when we hit hero with the first puddle I was already back up at about 700 fury to start unloading in the puddle some more, just without the CDs. I did it again later in the week, because my lady and I love competing on the boss for DPS, and I did it again popping everything at the start, and did almost as well (I still won).

I did LFR and normal last night, and did both popping at the first puddle, and both times I came up barely struggling for 180k. Now, I realize this is a small sample size, but I'm thinking of it like so: When I'm popping everything at the start, yes, I'm not lining up with hero. But, both my trinkets and my enchants and meta gem are proccing at the start of the fight. If I pop my CDs at the start, I'm getting a buttload of haste still (not as long as hero, but more haste at the start with 8800 AND 30%), as well as the... 4k? Int from tailoring and weapon enchant, plus then the UVLS proc under DS, and if nothing else that's a monstrous Doom to start the fight with, lots of imps, and a ton of hard-hitting Touch of Chaos. But, if I don't pop my CD's at the start, I'm basically letting all of those procs go into a weaker Doom (for not having DS) and a lot of shadow bolts so that I can then get a lot of fast, not quite as hard hitting Touch of Chaos and some Soulfire during Hero in the puddle, and a tiny chance of a UVLS proc so soon.

This is what's causing me the confusion. Good to have CDs line up, yes, but when I can build up more fury to go meta during hero, could it be better to use DS with all of the procs over hero? Could that not basically "waste" (for lack of a better word) the procs?

I'll start out by saying I think my dps seems to be clustered around 210k when I do any of the following. Recently Jin has been dead before the third pool is done, sometimes before it spawns. The last 3 weeks I have tried:

-Save CD's for lust @ pool 1. (worst damage for me)

-Pop CD's at start and pool 2, Lust Pool 1. (suprisingly close to the next option)

- Pop CD's at start and again during the star of pool 2 lust. (best damage of the 3 for me)

I have finally convinced my group to stick with lusting at the start of pool 2 for now. It is the best for me because I can still have my opening burst, keep decent dps up through pool 1 and go insane during pool 2. I find my int procs tend to be up a lot of the time during pool 2 too. The rogue also loves it because he gets lust right as the boss is hitting 35% for his execute phase. I guess I don't have to worry about killing him too fast for the lust this way because we ought to be starting HC next week.

All in all though I think these are pretty small issues to worry about. At least for me, I notice more dps when I can get all my buffs and the fight mechanics to line up perfectly like you are discussing, but I often lose dps if I sacrifice a dark soul cast during the fight to do such. In this specific case pool 2 is my answer to the dilemma. You could probably math out exactly which is better for your character in your group. But you are better off spending that time elsewhere and take solace in that fact that the actual end dps of any of your options is pretty darn similar and way higher than the fight requires. Good luck finding an option that pleases you!

We lust at the first pool because it was our first kill, and we wanted to be sure everyone was alive for it, lol. After a few more weeks, I'm sure we'll move it to a different puddle. the second puddle was SLOW for us, which it crucial that CDs were ready for the 3rd.

Rhino, I hadn't even thought of saving hero for the second puddle. I think we'll try that Tuesday and see how it works out. Most classes CDs are 1min/2min anyway, so it shouldn't affect them I wouldn't think.