zarontheinsane

Resto Druid needing help (pvp)

6 posts in this topic

I have a resto druid I have been doing bgs and arenas with for a while now. I finally have got him in full honor gear and am working on the conquest gear now. The only problem is that my healing doesn't seem to be good enough to keep myself or others alive especially if im being attacked and suffering from the pushback on my casting. I need some tips on things I can do to increase my healing. Maybe I need more int for stronger heals, or need more haste just to be able to cast faster before me or someone else is killed (and of course increase the ticks of my hots which will help out a good bit). I'll provide a link to my character in the armory so you all can check him out and possibly be able to tell me what I need to do. I know the staff I have right now is not as good as what I should have but I did have the inv_staff_2h_pandariatradeskill_c_03.jpgInscribed Crane Staff (and will get the honor staff in a day or so since im about to have a bit of free time to play more) but had to give to my alt that is trying to get into lfrs and needed new gear. I try to always keep spell_nature_rejuvenation.jpgRejuvenation on myself and rejuv and inv_misc_herb_felblossom.jpgLifebloom (lifebloom is sometimes on myself if needed) and use spell_nature_healingtouch.jpgHealing Touch when I can if myself or someone needs a big heal and rarely can use ability_druid_nourish.jpgNourish because it heals for so little even though it does have a very low mana cost, I use inv_relics_idolofrejuvenation.jpgSwiftmend pretty much whenever it is not on cooldown, and regrowth is my primary heal. With the inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Regrowth it can work as a really nice heal (healing for almost 100k plus puts a living seed on the target). Well thanks in advance and if you have any questions about what I may be doing so as to help me out to tell me how to play a little different so I can be better (also check my glyphs and talents and gems and enchants to see if they need to be changed). Oh and also if anyone could give me a guideline of what conquest gear I need to get for him and in which order such as weps or trinks or rings first or armor or what (sitting at about 2500 saving for the staff but kinda want a second opinion) Thanks Posted Imagehttp://us.battle.net...aelath/advanced

1 person likes this

I sadly can't tell you anything about the stats or rotation a Resto Druid needs, because I simply don't know. Just take the following tips as if your basic healing was already optimal.

As a Windwalker, however, I can tell you a bit about the playstyle of your class. It's not (only) about the healing. First of all, you have excellent movement and crowd control capabilities. You should try to get out of line of sight as often as possible (for example behind a pillar) and kite melees as much as possible. Specifically in arena matches, your HoTs allow you a high amount of flexibility. Sometimes putting the mage in a cyclone (maybe instant with Nature's Swiftness!) for 6 seconds is more viable than tanking his damage with heals. You need to find a balance between crowd control, movement and healing. This is the hard part when you play a RDruid. When I play against a RDruid and he kites me around a pillar, I can't do too much after having used my cooldowns despite my excellent movement as a Windwalker. Your ace is certainly the shape shift here, which frees you from all roots and snares. To sum it up, try to avoid damage, do not tank it.

By the way, the PvP staff is incredibly important, as it increases your healing by about 8%. This is due to the PvP Power on it. As you might know, ability_creature_cursed_05.jpgBattle Fatigue decreases the healing in PvP situations and PvP Power aims at balancing that out. This might be one cause.

I know next to nothing about pvp, but I would advice you to drop Healing Touch and Nourish completely.

They are not worth casting in PvE, and due to their long casttime, even worse in PvP.

Other than that I echo the advice from Marco (which I keep reading as 'Macro'...). CC and movement are king in PvP, especially as a druid :)

I know next to nothing about pvp, but I would advice you to drop Healing Touch and Nourish completely.

They are not worth casting in PvE, and due to their long casttime, even worse in PvP.

Other than that I echo the advice from Marco (which I keep reading as 'Macro'...). CC and movement are king in PvP, especially as a druid Posted Image

Healing Touch is indeed only used in combination with Nature's Swiftness, which heals a lot.

I forgot to mention that you can also use a Bear Form + Might of Ursol + Battlemaster's Trinket + Healing combination to get to a crazy amount of health for a few seconds (which is not lost after leaving Bear form, afaik). Excellent defensive combination.

Ok, thanks for what you both have said, I use some of my CC but I probably don't use it as good as I could so need to improve on that along with using my movement to los casters and get away from melee so I don't have to heal as much in such a short amount of time, but instead just avoid more of it. This will take a bit of getting used to since my main is a blood dk that I use for raiding, pvping and just about anything else and often have that feeling of being able to take on the world, but ill get better the more that I do.

1 person likes this

What I would suggest is getting the conquest staff with spirit/mastery stats on it ASAP. Also, your priority should be spirit>mastery>haste>crit (maybe hitting haste breakpoints if you'd like, I don't notice it too much) in terms of reforging, and Int>Mastery=Spirit for gems.

I would start out learning to heal in 2s, and once you're comfortable you can start up in 3s. As a resto druid, you have a lot of CC, and in 2s you can focus a lot on that compared to in 3s, but it is still a good idea to get good with cc chains regardless.

Disorienting roar, bear faerie fire, cyclone 3x, typhoon behind LoS, etc etc etc, there is a lotttt you can do.

Also, you bring symbiosis so getting partners that can create useful combinations is very useful. Shamans get solar beam (dps), mages give you ice block, hunters give you deterrence, warriors give you intimidating shout, rogues get growl and you get evasion, monks give you fortifying brew, and the list goes on.

Just try to make sure you're using everything you have to your advantage and to line of sight and use Barkskin when you're getting nuked, and Ironbark when your allies are. They are both really short cooldowns.

1 person likes this