FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zeffrell

Haste Mastery decission

I was able to pick up a few upgrades last night and was wondering if there is a reason to goto then next hast cap. I have seen and herd from a few ranked locks that hasting out you will not really see any huge improvement over just staying at the 9800 cap and dumping the rest into mastery with the upgrade and using mr robot it looks to take me over 100% mastery and drop my hast down 6% but from what I can tell it is going by raid buffs so even dropping the haste down for extra mastery I should still raid buff over the 9800 level.

I use mr robot with the 15% cap and select the 98 whatever for the haste selection. My play is casual so really don't have that much time to number crunch and all that

Thank you for your time

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Zeffrell/simple

Edited by zeffrell

Pump up more Mastery. No need to get to next Haste threshold.

was thinking the same just through off by mr robot dropping haste down but looks like it is taking in to count raid buffs and not unbuffed which is fine by me looks like it will be like 101% mastery lol

Total Score

+1606

Average ILvl

Intellect

Stamina

Mastery

101.57%

+15.75%

Spell Power

Spell Hit

15.39%

-0.11%

Spell Crit

22.97%

-0.53%

Spell Haste

24.04%

-6.30%

Edited by zeffrell

Im curious about this too as of right now im sitting on 14522 Haste,5779 Mastery. And oddly ehuff ive run Simcraft many times with only on or 2 varianceswhere its says MASTERY>HASTE,most of the runs say HASTE>MASTERY,so im not even sure if i fully trust what SC says so i just go loosely based on what it says and what feels good to me. I do like the responsiveness of playing with all that haste and when i do things right i usually sit on top of the meters,usually but after a nice burst of upwards of 300k or so i start falling off. Ive only been playing my lock since the beginning of MOP for raid comp and feel like i could be better(refreshing dots especially). So my question is should i lower the amount of haste to one of the lower breakpoints and go mastery(like 9778). I do have the Leg Meta,600 cloak , BoH(upgraded 2/2) and LFR Wush 2/2(man the regular one just will not drop for me and bonus rolls if i do get loot its always the damn tier piece).Im keeping up with guys who have played their toon for years but again think i could do better. Zagam???Omaric??ANyone???LOL

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Sliquelock/advanced

Edited by Sliquelock

Said this a thousand times...your secondary stats are such a small portion of your DPS.  It's like this...

Secondary Stats = 10% of DPS

Prioritzing correct spells and playing well = 90% of DPS

Warlocks Concerns

Secondary stats = 90%

Prioritizing correct spells and playing well = 10%

Find a Haste/Mastery combination that you are comfortable with.  HIt a Haste threshold if you want.  It's not required and it's not going to break your DPS open.  You'll be refreshing Corruption and Doom based on procs, so capping ticks isn't going to do anything.  You're not going to see high DPS pulls every time because trinkets and procs are RNG based.  It's been said over and over that Mastery is the go to stat for Throne of Thunder because of the AoE and multiple targets going on in every fight except Jin'rokh.  You're also not going to see a huge DPS gain by following this advice.  If you have mastered the spec you are playing, then devote your time to fine tweaking your secondary stats.  I'll save you some time and let you know the DPS difference between 15000 Haste and 5000 Mastery and 15000 Mastery and 5000 Haste is less than 2%.

I apologize if I'm coming across as a dick...I just feel like I type this message over and over and over.  Please believe me that your secondary stats, in the grand scheme of things, really aren't THAT important.  Just don't take Crit and you're money.

• Like 1

So just to make crystal clear even in aoe fights such as Tortos (killing bats), Mageara, Twins, and Lei Shen it's about a %2 difference meaning you can play whichever style you prefer.

• Like 1

So just to make crystal clear even in aoe fights such as Tortos (killing bats), Mageara, Twins, and Lei Shen it's about a %2 difference meaning you can play whichever style you prefer.

Exactly.  It's a preference, not a necessity.  Pressing the right button at the right time is what counts.

• Like 1