Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
myhammy

Help With Crit

2 posts in this topic

At level 90, 600 crit rating equals 1% of crit. As far as I know, crit is additive (not multiplicative). Therefore it stands to reason that for every 600 crit rating I add, there should be an increase in crit chance by 1%.

Unfortunately I am not seeing this on my tooltip. While naked and unbuffed, my crit rating is 0 and my crit chance is 1% (the base amount). When fully geared, but still completely unbuffed, I have 8629 crit rating which should be 14.38% crit. However, my tooltip says that I have 22.88% crit.

I have not changed any talents or specs. What is the value that I am missing here?

EDIT: Ignore this post. I did the most asinine thing and forgot to factor in the crit from Intellect. I am going to leave the post intact so that others can learn from my noobish mistake. :D

Edited by myhammy

Int and/or Agility both add crit but do not show up on the tooltip for crit rating.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By timmo900
      Hey guys,

Just wondering peoples thoughts on the 20% Haste Minimum for UH DPS.
      Who thinks it is absolutely crucial?
      I am looking at a bunch of recent drops i have that are basically same ilvl. 
      I run castigator and all of the pieces i want to swap in, will give me loads more crit, but drop my haste from 20% down to 16%.
      how detrimental do you think this will be if i make the change? my crit will sit at almost 40% up from 32%.
      Thanks in advance,

Timmo
    • By FerrousOxide
      Sorry im pretty new to WoW and I read a guide on fire mage and it shows that the priority of stats is:
      Intellect; Critical Strike; Mastery; Haste; Versatility. but when getting new equipment how much of a stat should I give up to gain a secondary stat? For example if I lose 100 Int, but gain 300 Crit is it worth it? And how do I know at what amount it is worth it to give up a stat to gain a less important stat?
    • By feiz
      Hello guys,
      I have a question regarding the stat priority in the newest assassination guide(for patch 7.03).
      How is versatility stronger than crit?
      you get 0.91% CRit per 100 crit rating and 0.77% versatility per 100 versatility rating. This results in a flat 0.91% dmg increase (disregarding the benefits of more combopoints, just the flat double damage bonus) for crit and 0,77% dmg bonus for versatility without further bonuses. Am I missing something? Did my testing result in wrong Percent-per-Rating-Values?
      Thanks for any help.
    • By Herbs
      I have a quick question regarding stat priority after obtaining World Breakers Resolve.

Is the 18% haste cap to be met still? 

I did some quick checking on target dummies; in my current gear with 3.96% haste it takes ~12 seconds to proc WBR and meet the 18% haste requirement. Would you want to stack 13% haste (relying on 5% haste raid buff) on your gear? My assumption that the static haste becomes a wasted stat after maintaining ~10 seconds on a current target. I have a hard time believing it wouldn't at least drop the haste requirement to a lesser extent.

According to AskMrRobot's BIS it shows haste being stacked to 17% (using H HFC as a filter).

If you could drop 13% static haste from your gear and swap the stats for mastery wouldn't your DPS gains be more than covered by the haste gained from WBR?
    • Guest 2nihon
      By Guest 2nihon
      Hi all,

I normally use another site to judge stat priority, and I've been looking to improve my DPS. IcyVeins says that Mastery is my first secondary stat, but the other site says Crit should be first unless I have the T18 trinket from Archimonde. Has anyone tested this out?

We are about to down Archie anyway and hopefully he'll be good to me, but if it takes a while, I want to know if I should start redoing my enchantments now. 

Thanks.