FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Styx

new weapon, switch from assa to combat?

I tried it too a few weeks ago when I got a new 516 sword from the heroic scenario cache. I replaced my 510 off-hand dagger with my 524 main-hand dagger. Then I equipped the 516 sword in the main-hand.

I thought my dps would be a bit higher now in combat with this sword, but I didn't do as much dps as I did with the daggers in assassination.

I think assassination is just really strong and combat just isn't that great anymore.

I'd say you enchant the weapon, gem it and then try it on the dummies to see if there is any difference.

Well, to be honest i wouldnt change to combat. As it is right now in 5.3, assassination is much stronger than combat even in this case. The only reason u could consider going combat is when u got really high end gear like 545+ or a fight where u will be able to cleave atlast 70% of the fight.

The only reason u could consider going combat is when u got really high end gear like 545+ or a fight where u will be able to cleave atlast 70% of the fight.

Agree. Unless you got that Heroic Thunderforged or something, just stick with Assassination. Thinkn about learning a new rotation, etc.. blarggghhh..... :)

Got a bit of luck recently on my rogue alt and picked up the normal-thunderforged axe from Council. Even with LFR Animus mace as offhand I compete very well with assassin spec, especially on cleave-heavy fights.

Besides, Killing Spree.