FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Malyiaa

Momentum questions(And help with dps pls)

Alright, so I'm a vengeance main spec demon hunter here, BUT I've been looking in Havoc too, in fact, I kept Havoc in line(Weapon, gear, not legendaries tho) should I ever need to use it.

I use the Momentum playstyle with Prepared, as I really hate demon blades, in fact, RNG and I have never been a great combination(If you get what I mean). 

I have seen what's coming to the momentum build. I'm worried that demon blades may become the go to choice if I ever am to go into mythic tier as Havoc(As you all know, NO ONE DECENT would bring a vengeance demon hunter to tank mythic raids, right? Even with the buffs...).

Anyway, to get to the point:

1.Will Momentum still be viable? Or would it be better if I chose another build that suits my hatred of RNG focused talents? Remember, I hate demon blades.

2.Any of you have any recommendations on how to handle fel rush/vengeful retreat usage AFTER 7.1.5? 

3. Armory link (Remember-I am a tank! I use tank enchants, tank stuff, and all of that, however in dps gear the crit difference is not very noticeable-in tank gear I am at 34% crit and in dps gear, 36%). Should I up my crit numbers or they are fine where they are?

4. Is having AOTHG mandatory to even be viable as a dpser, now and after 7.1.5?

This is also a help me fix my dps please. Unfortunately, as it is the holiday season, and I have no idea how to use warcraft logs yet, I cannot provide logs of my dps when I am in Havoc spec. This is also due to me being a main tank for my current guild, setting up Havoc should it ever be needed, or should I ever need to swap main specs(Which is likely to happen). Plus, I don't have 35 traits on my Havoc weapon yet, and I am also working on going to grab my AOTC EN achieve.

As a ilvl 871 dps OS DH, I usually...:

-Pull 300-325k burst damage(With meta up, bloodlust and all of that fluff)

-Can reach 255-275k sustain(this is for two targets(Because I most face two targets at the same time)-on single target it's around 235-245k and I feel that I am vastly outperforming, I'm at ilvl 871, I don't see why my numbers are that low..). This is data from my latest mythic dungeons on boss pulls, this does not include trash, when my numbers went up a lot.

-My main rotation consist of fel rushing to my target(s), throw glaive, vengeful retreat, eye beam, fel rush, fury of the illidari, fel barrage, rinse and repeat(This is most of the time, sometimes I have to change it to deal with mechanics, resource starve, forget, etc). I meta on pull(When it's a boss and it's off CD)

Edited by Malyiaa

18 hours ago, Malyiaa said:

Alright, so I'm a vengeance main spec demon hunter here, BUT I've been looking in Havoc too, in fact, I kept Havoc in line(Weapon, gear, not legendaries tho) should I ever need to use it.

I use the Momentum playstyle with Prepared, as I really hate demon blades, in fact, RNG and I have never been a great combination(If you get what I mean). 

I have seen what's coming to the momentum build. I'm worried that demon blades may become the go to choice if I ever am to go into mythic tier as Havoc(As you all know, NO ONE DECENT would bring a vengeance demon hunter to tank mythic raids, right? Even with the buffs...).

Anyway, to get to the point:

1.Will Momentum still be viable? Or would it be better if I chose another build that suits my hatred of RNG focused talents? Remember, I hate demon blades.

2.Any of you have any recommendations on how to handle fel rush/vengeful retreat usage AFTER 7.1.5? 

3. Armory link (Remember-I am a tank! I use tank enchants, tank stuff, and all of that, however in dps gear the crit difference is not very noticeable-in tank gear I am at 34% crit and in dps gear, 36%). Should I up my crit numbers or they are fine where they are?

4. Is having AOTHG mandatory to even be viable as a dpser, now and after 7.1.5?

This is also a help me fix my dps please. Unfortunately, as it is the holiday season, and I have no idea how to use warcraft logs yet, I cannot provide logs of my dps when I am in Havoc spec. This is also due to me being a main tank for my current guild, setting up Havoc should it ever be needed, or should I ever need to swap main specs(Which is likely to happen). Plus, I don't have 35 traits on my Havoc weapon yet, and I am also working on going to grab my AOTC EN achieve.

As a ilvl 871 dps OS DH, I usually...:

-Pull 300-325k burst damage(With meta up, bloodlust and all of that fluff)

-Can reach 255-275k sustain(this is for two targets(Because I most face two targets at the same time)-on single target it's around 235-245k and I feel that I am vastly outperforming, I'm at ilvl 871, I don't see why my numbers are that low..). This is data from my latest mythic dungeons on boss pulls, this does not include trash, when my numbers went up a lot.

-My main rotation consist of fel rushing to my target(s), throw glaive, vengeful retreat, eye beam, fel rush, fury of the illidari, fel barrage, rinse and repeat(This is most of the time, sometimes I have to change it to deal with mechanics, resource starve, forget, etc). I meta on pull(When it's a boss and it's off CD)

Hello Malyiaa,

I'll accept you Non-Demon-Blade-Playstile, but keep in mind: It works better with. If you still have DPS-Problems, try it. Because you can have a better focus on your Rotaion.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-demon-hunter-pve-dps-spec-builds-talents#sec-4

To analyse your Playstile without Logs isn't possible. I can't get enouth information.

Try to reach a high uptime of your Momentum-Buff and use your Attacks at the 4 Sec window. Never use Demon's Bite while you have Momentum.

Please have a look at the ST and Opening rotaion:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-demon-hunter-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities#sec-1

You can't play Havoc with your Vegeance-Gear. If you reach only 36% crit is this MASSIVLY to less!!! You MUST have 43%+, without your Havoc can't work. Remember: A Boss will reduce your crit by 3%, so you have only 33%!! That's NEVER enouth crit. There is no crit-cap for us, this means you can't have enouth crit.

Try to finde gear with... 

1. Agility

2 Crit

3. Versa/Haste

4. Mastery

NEVER wear an Item without crit on it, every item must have crit + XY.

Try to change the things I told you and get a Log from your Gameplay.

Hope it will help!

Greetings from Namuria

Alright, although, it's the holiday season still, cannot grab logs as I have not done any raid or mythic + in the last week. Whenever I can provide one, when my guild is more available to do some of that content. Whenever I am not needed as a tank, I will try providing(and yeah, will try to figure out how to use warcraft logs as well)

Thanks for the reply!