FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Viserius

Stats vs best in slot ?

I was looking at the stats page, then looking at the best in slot gear page, and i am confused.  stat page says haste > crit > vers > mast, but if you take all the best in gear slot items chosen you get  crit > mast > haste > vers. i know i will need to run SimC , but i am not sure how i am supposed to be able to use the best in gear as a reference or guideline if the  stats weights don't seem to match up. what am i missing?

oh, i have checked out my destro lock, fury warrior, and feral druid stats and best in gear pages with matching results.

AFAIK the BiS guideline (except trinkets) is just for the current raid-content. But you can get so much better gear with high mythic+ dungeons or ToV gear. Just keep SimC yourself and keep an eye on your stat weights :)

Thank you for the prompt reply. however,  shouldn't the BIS guideline be matching what the stat priority is at least so it can be used as a baseline to do research from?  I understand we all need to do our own homework and testing, but a correct reference guide or what to shoot for would be nice like all the other classes seem to have. Plus, I am not finding enjoyment from the mythic+, and I am much happier with the raid experience.

The BiS list for firemages is correct in the guide (except that it's still for EN). But you just don't have the choice for some slots. For example there're no wrists with crit+mastery.

I am with you that raiding > mythic+, but it really is a real option to do mythic+ to get good/the best loot.

For now I don't have any list with the best gear, but if you're just raiding then the guide list is a good start :)

With the current setup of how loot is done, following a BiS list like it's a concrete truth is a bit silly. Possible gem slots and titanforging will dictate which is best for you at any given time. Honestly the best thing a BiS list is good for right now would be to help choose trinkets/relics, and raw stat weights would be more helpful for choosing armor as there are just so many sources of gear now and you never know when that 895 titanforged will show up to be yours.

And while raiding is generally a better way for easy gear, there are some absolutely wonderful pieces of gear to be found in M+ that can't be found elsewhere, such as the set bonus pieces from CoS/Arcway. And while you may not find it as enjoyable, the unfortunate truth is that it is the only source of gear once you've cleared your raids for the week, and with some forging luck can give similar or even superior gear.

Also, wanting for the BiS list to be perfect to every character is a bit silly, as stat weights will change character to character based on what other gear you have at the time, in my experience it's more of a guideline to aim for, if you have all BiS everywhere then your stat weights will make them all BiS. And the BiS list was updated on Oct 17, with ToV having come out on Nov 8th, so it hasn't been updated for the current raid.