FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Myrid

What am I doing wrong

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/V6cYjgmPR48WMfL3#fight=9 Here is a link to our Normal ToV clear, why the fuck is Mizerok so far above me? (I'm Myrid) I asked him about his stats and hes running,

• Crit: 40%
  • Haste: 6%
  • Mastery: 111%
  • Agi: 26k 

I am currently sitting at,

• Crit: 36%
  • Haste: 5.4%
  • Mastery: 144%  
  • Agi:25k

Our stats don't seem that far off besides the crazy amount of mastery I have on him. I don't know how many points he has in his weapon or what relics he is using but would the first 5% buff for the paragon point really cause that much of a difference in damage? I know his trinkets are better than mine and such but I still can't wrap my head around how much further ahead he is.
Tonight on heroic Helya attempts he was consistently above 440k while I was down below 350k.
If this is legit me just being bad at the game call me out on it so I can fix it, I already tried talking to him about it and he was of zero help, so I turn to all the rogue nerds out there to help a poor guy out.

Edited by Pandacho

14 hours ago, Myrid said:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/V6cYjgmPR48WMfL3#fight=9 Here is a link to our Normal ToV clear, why the fuck is Mizerok so far above me? (I'm Myrid) I asked him about his stats and hes running,

• Crit: 40%
  • Haste: 6%
  • Mastery: 111%
  • Agi: 26k 

I am currently sitting at,

• Crit: 36%
  • Haste: 5.4%
  • Mastery: 144%  
  • Agi:25k

Our stats don't seem that far off besides the crazy amount of mastery I have on him. I don't know how many points he has in his weapon or what relics he is using but would the first 5% buff for the paragon point really cause that much of a difference in damage? I know his trinkets are better than mine and such but I still can't wrap my head around how much further ahead he is.
Tonight on heroic Helya attempts he was consistently above 440k while I was down below 350k.
If this is legit me just being bad at the game call me out on it so I can fix it, I already tried talking to him about it and he was of zero help, so I turn to all the rogue nerds out there to help a poor guy out.

To be frank, your weapon sucks. Now, maybe WoWProgress isn't up to date, but not having 35 traits is a big detriment. Your relics aren't very good either; 1 Rupture crit and 2 Mut crit don't really give you much of a benefit, especially when you're trying to compare your damage to somebody who has 3 Vendetta cooldown ones.

While that is probably the largest reason, here are some other things:

Miz's Rupture uptime is higher

• It's your hardest hitting skill, you want to get it as close to 100% uptime as you can

Miz never dropped the Agonizing Poison debuff

• On Guarm specifically, you should be using Poison Knife to maintain stacks, prevent Energy capping, and gain CPs while he's charging around. Other bosses have similar enforced downtime, and this applies to those bosses as well.

Miz had a significantly large advantage in CP generation

• He only had 8 go to waste from Seal Fate and 1 from Mut, for a total of 184 generated over the fight. Your Mut wasted 5 and Seal Fate wasted 15, for a total of only 167 generated over the course of the fight. 

Miz's has Eye of Command

• This trinket gives a MASSIVE amount of crit, particularly on single target fights like Guarm, and is a huge boost to damage

Miz's Elaborate Planning uptime is better

• It's a flat 15% damage buff, having it up for 10% more of the fight is a pretty big deal
  • Like 1

So then I ask some more questions, is it worth finding relics that specifically target an ability and drop Ilvl for it or should I just stick with what I have now?
With his Elaborate Planning uptime does that have to do with his crit to be able to generate more combo points thus keeping it up more or is it worth clipping a smaller CP Envenom to keep the buff running?
One major thing he has going over me is that he has 2 legendary Items where I only have one, though the only one of the 2 that helps him more would be the Boots.
I'm currently sitting on my 32nd trait and slamming everything I get into these weapons, but because of work my play time is mostly to raids.
I have been using AskMrRobot to track my BiS and my Best in Bags with their addon, if there is something better to use please let me know.
Should I be refreshing Rupture even with low CP before, for example, Guarm charges around the room just to keep the buff running? That seems like the right thing to do.
And lastly should I start looking into gear that has alittle more crit and less mastery to balance my stats out more and get a higher CP boost from Seal Fate?
The weights I'm running on Robot are the same as on the Assassin guide.
Thank you alot for all the info you've already given and I'll be looking into what I can do from that to improve.

37 minutes ago, Myrid said:

So then I ask some more questions, is it worth finding relics that specifically target an ability and drop Ilvl for it or should I just stick with what I have now?

Yes, if MA relics.

With his Elaborate Planning uptime does that have to do with his crit to be able to generate more combo points thus keeping it up more or is it worth clipping a smaller CP Envenom to keep the buff running?

Both. You usually maintain a high EP uptime using 3CP Envenoms. Due to higher crit, he doesn't need to spend that much energy to generate CPs for that,, so he can dish out faster those Envenoms.

Should I be refreshing Rupture even with low CP before, for example, Guarm charges around the room just to keep the buff running? That seems like the right thing to do.

You should time the Ruptures so you won't have that risk. That said, I don't know exactly how the fight is, so I can't advice properly. Better someone more experienced in that answer.

And lastly should I start looking into gear that has alittle more crit and less mastery to balance my stats out more and get a higher CP boost from Seal Fate?

Yeah, that's a good option. Just be careful to not drop too much Mastery. Also, as Carrn pointed, EoC is monstruous. Try farming it.

The weights I'm running on Robot are the same as on the Assassin guide.
Thank you alot for all the info you've already given and I'll be looking into what I can do from that to improve.

You're welcome. =)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Myrid said:

is it worth finding relics that specifically target an ability and drop Ilvl for it or should I just stick with what I have now?

This handy spreadsheet will help you decide on which relics to use. ilevel has very little to do with which ones are good, it's all about the traits, particularly for Sin.

7 hours ago, Myrid said:

You can use lower CP Envenoms, nothing wrong with that. Make sure to always use high CP Ruptures though.

7 hours ago, Myrid said:

One major thing he has going over me is that he has 2 legendary Items where I only have one, though the only one of the 2 that helps him more would be the Boots.

You have the best Legendary that you can possibly have, that isn't really an excuse lol.

7 hours ago, Myrid said:

Yes you can, but it's better to take advantage of the Pandemic effect so you won't have that issue.

7 hours ago, Myrid said:

I have been using AskMrRobot to track my BiS and my Best in Bags with their addon, if there is something better to use please let me know.

7 hours ago, Myrid said:

Yes, more Crit is probably beneficial, but you can Sim yourself to see. Use this handy guide or check out Shadowcraft

7 hours ago, Myrid said:

I'm currently sitting on my 32nd trait and slamming everything I get into these weapons, but because of work my play time is mostly to raids.

Yup, I get that. It's a tricky thing, but M+ and other sources of AP don't take too much time, and are certainly worth the investment if you want the damage. World Quests and 1 M+ run every day takes about 2 hours, less if you only do the daily Emissary and not all the AP ones. Point 35 is a flat 5% damage boost

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Myrid said:

Aighty Thanks guys, I'll take what you've given me and put it to work, Though I know the end all is "Git Gud"

As Jake the Dog says:

"Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something"

Really though, nothing in what I saw is really drastically bad. Just takes a little more experience and practice to iron out the finer details :)

In any case, we're always here to help