FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
RchardWells

I feel that I am under performing as a survival hunter. :\

This is my armory page http://us.battle.net...imalitia/simple (I know it says MM/BM, I've been exploring the other two specs recently to see if they are any different. They aren't by much, same dps wall as surv.)

I feel like I am under performing in just the raid environment in general. Usually pulling embarrassing numbers(80-85k) in 513 gear.

I'm following the rotation on Icy Veins with only one deviation with the rotation. It's with the explosive shot proc.

Lock n' Load>Explosive Shot>Arcane Shot>Explosive Shot>Arcane Shot>Explosive Shot(This one is non-proc and is ready at the end) I do this because if I throw one Arcane Shot in between the ES it seems to refresh explosive shot right as it expires.

I don't have many enchant's yet.

Any advice would be stellar.

Edited by RchardWells

I understand why you 'think' not clipping the dot effect from Explosive Shot (ES) is important ... but its not!

Blizzard has changed it so if you fire another ES before the old ones dot has worn off, it doesn't "clip" it like it use to but take the extra dmg of the tick you would have lost, and add it to your new dot, making it tick harder!

For this reason you should always ES ES ES when LnL is up. If you are going to focus cap you can ES AS ES ES which can be a dps increase but ES ES ES is your best bet.

The internal CD on LnL is only 10 seconds. So in best case scenario (proc wise) you have 10seconds from it proc'ing until it procs again.

This isn't great if you are delaying any of your LnL's.

0 LnL procs - fire ES

1 fire ES

2 fire ES

8 Fire ES (6 seconds after your last ES fire.)

10 - LnL procs Fire ES

Notice in this idealised situation you only have 1-2sec to fire that extra ES before LnL could proc (and will sometimes). If you delay by 2 sec, you will miss it! Overall we want to fire as many ES as possible so any delay is a bad idea, even if we were clipping ticks (WHICH WE AREN'T)

Now to gear. You aren't missing 10's of thousands of dps with your reforge and gem choices but all together you could be missing a few thousands dps to them.

For reforges, Crit>Haste>Mastery (once hit and exp capped ofc). There are a few items you are reforging out of haste for crit, leaving mastery intact!

Gems. AGILITY

Helm = good

Shoulders = Agil/Hit

Weap = 2 pure agility gems

Gloves = Pure agility

Belt = pure agility (60mastery bonus is a dps loss if agil/crit)

Legs = Agil/Hit in both if you can use the hit. If not Pure Agility in both as the hit would be wasted!

Boots = Pure agility

Hope this is useful!

Also enchant your gear!

For reforges, Crit>Haste>Mastery (once hit and exp capped ofc). There are a few items you are reforging out of haste for crit, leaving mastery intact!

I've been using ReforgeLite for my reforging. What other choices are there?

I do mine with a piece of paper and a pen ... but wow reforge is a good one.

Ask Mr Robot usually does an ok job (personally dont like it) but so many people love it!

Even with ReforgeLite you can change the settings to be Crit>Haste>Mastery.

Good guide and insight there Ricket.

I like the emphasis of logs and parses to assess your own playing / compare to other 'well' played hunters.

Its something I should do more of myself tbh.