FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
xkrissi

what pet would u reccomend?

Hello, i am very new to hunters, i was wondering, is there any type of animals that are preferred for raids than other pets? that maybe give buffs or any pets that just deal much more dmg than others? I was thinking of getting a spirit pet because they look cool :)

As long as you select the ferocity tree for them, every pet does the same damage.

The only thing that changes is the utility they provide, but the right choice depends on you raid composition.

Here's a table that shows buffs provided by each pet family.

edit: remember that even if the pet is listed as cunning/tenacity you can change it through your pet talent tab.

Edited by D4n13le

http://www.wowhuntershall.com/2012/09/06/detailed-hunter-pet-flowchart/

The most useful pets to carry for instances are water striders (spell power and haste), sporebats (spell haste), spirit beasts (mastery), and slithids (stamina), and quilen (breezes). Most random pugs have stat buffs, crit, stamina, and breezes. But the ones I've listed, I've ended up using. My favorite tanking/questing pet is the chimera for extra dps, aoe, and sexiness.