Damien

Wizard Manald Archon Build

17 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Guest Varix said:

Is it good for group?

I would say this build is very heavily tailored towards Solo play, so I would avoid using it in groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the explanation you say to get the 4 piece Vyrs and the 6 piece Tal Rashas, yet if you had the BiS for each in the breakdown, you would end up with the opposite. Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the passive skill power hungry can be replaced with Audacity cause lets face it what monster is going to just stand there and let you attack them from 30 yards away. also wouldnt passive lightning storm with blizzard be more viable since it does lightning damage that will also reset the passive paralysis to do more damage with the ring? also wouldnt pure power be better with archon cause lets face it this build is build around the ring and the passive skill paralysis.

Edited by NecroVoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 5:54 AM, Guest Case said:

In the explanation you say to get the 4 piece Vyrs and the 6 piece Tal Rashas, yet if you had the BiS for each in the breakdown, you would end up with the opposite. Am I missing something?

I'm not sure why that is the case. I would go for 6-Tal and 4-Vyr though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2017 at 2:59 AM, NecroVoid said:

the passive skill power hungry can be replaced with Audacity cause lets face it what monster is going to just stand there and let you attack them from 30 yards away. also wouldnt passive lightning storm with blizzard be more viable since it does lightning damage that will also reset the passive paralysis to do more damage with the ring? also wouldnt pure power be better with archon cause lets face it this build is build around the ring and the passive skill paralysis.

Essentially. no.

  • That is the reason you have black hole, to main distance when needed.
  • You don't want everything to be the same element of damage, you need to check the set bonuses as to why.
  • Again, check the set bonuses. Archon has all runes because of Vyr gear.

Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As guest case said, if we pick the BiS, we end up with 6 vyr 4 tal, can it work that way ?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guest confused said:

As guest case said, if we pick the BiS, we end up with 6 vyr 4 tal, can it work that way ?
 

See my comment above. Will get Deadset to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The build mentions that the rune on Archon doesn't matter - however, after a bit of testing, it seems that while the combustion will go off without the rune selected, Tal Rasha's will not count it as fire damage unless you have the combustion rune selected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IllusiveBrian said:

The build mentions that the rune on Archon doesn't matter - however, after a bit of testing, it seems that while the combustion will go off without the rune selected, Tal Rasha's will not count it as fire damage unless you have the combustion rune selected. 

Do you by any chance have any other skill/item that is increasing your elemental damage with another element? I don't have the set so I can't test it atm, but will do in the next few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Do you by any chance have any other skill/item that is increasing your elemental damage with another element? I don't have the set so I can't test it atm, but will do in the next few days.

Nope, the only elemental modifier I have is lightning, and I tested by hitting archon near a mob and doing nothing else.  With the Combustion rune I got a stack, without I got bupkis.  After a bit more testing, the only part of Tal Rasha's that gets triggered when you go into archon with Combustion not selected is the fire meteor - the 4 and 6 set piece stack buffs both seem to not be triggered (the 4 set is harder to tell because it doesn't show an actual buff, but my toughness in archon is higher for the first 8 seconds with the combustion rune selected than without).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, IllusiveBrian said:

Nope, the only elemental modifier I have is lightning, and I tested by hitting archon near a mob and doing nothing else.  With the Combustion rune I got a stack, without I got bupkis.  After a bit more testing, the only part of Tal Rasha's that gets triggered when you go into archon with Combustion not selected is the fire meteor - the 4 and 6 set piece stack buffs both seem to not be triggered (the 4 set is harder to tell because it doesn't show an actual buff, but my toughness in archon is higher for the first 8 seconds with the combustion rune selected than without).

That does seem odd. I'll get a note put in to Deadset about it and, for now, just stick with the Combustion rune then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how is arcane power managed with this build? I feel like my dps is being bottle-necked (in non-archon form) by the fact that arcane torrent, coupled with the insane amount of attack speed gained by archon stacks out of archon form (enabled by The Swami), drains my arcane power almost instantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guest Landi said:

how is arcane power managed with this build? I feel like my dps is being bottle-necked (in non-archon form) by the fact that arcane torrent, coupled with the insane amount of attack speed gained by archon stacks out of archon form (enabled by The Swami), drains my arcane power almost instantly.

There isn't really anything with the goal of AP management, since the entire build focuses on your ability to either deal damage in Archon or get yourself to your next Archon ASAP. You should be spending most of your time kiting/surviving and only ATing in down time. If you are really struggling, swap to the OROTZ version for less Archon downtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple things:

@IllusiveBrian: When you are in Archon form, what color is the beam and what kind of damage do you deal? Should be blue and dealing lightning damage. The build works well for me, having used 1 lighting, 1 cold and 1 arcane spell and then triggering Archon with Combustion Rune adds the 4th stack for the Tal Rasha Set bonus.

Edit: I might have misinterpreted what you said. It is mandatory to use Combustion Rune, if you have no other fire damage skill selected.

@Guest Landi: I ran into this problem too, but mostly think that overcasting Blizzard (using 2. Solo Progression Variant) caused my mana to empty too quickly, so I just changed Blizzard into Magic MissileMagic Missile Glacial SpikeGlacial Spike, can't really tell how it works yet though. Draining your mana with Arcane TorrentArcane Torrent Static DischargeStatic Discharge is intended for me though, since I use Obsidian Ring of the ZodiacObsidian Ring of the Zodiac.

@all: I can not understand why Bane of the TrappedBane of the Trapped is favored over Bane of the PowerfulBane of the Powerful. Can someone explain that to me? 

Also I suggest to use Aether WalkerAether Walker instrad of Orb of Infinite DepthOrb of Infinite Depth for the weapon slot of Kanai's Cube, since I quit running at all and am only porting around, being in Archon form around 95-99% of the time.

Edited by Moos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Moos I'll try to walk through the whole problem so it's clear to anyone reading:

The Vyr's set gives me all the runes for Archon, including Combustion.  I have only lightning elemental damage, so the main damage of my archon abilities is lightning, which all 6 set bonuses of Tal Rasha's correctly read.  Combustion is special in that it always deals fire damage regardless of the main damage of Archon, and on my screen it does show a red explosion, rather than blue, no matter which rune I choose on Archon.  However, assuming that I choose a rune other than Combustion, Tal Rasha's bonuses act as the following when I go into Archon and the combustion triggers:

2-p: A fire meteor is triggered

4-p: Resistances are not increased for the fire damage

6-p: A stack for fire damage is not added

 

Using the Combustion rune with no other changes fixes the issue and all 6 bonuses are correctly applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Gul'dan Strategy guide.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Wizard Manald Channeling Build.
    • By Stan
      Rainbow Portrait is coming to consoles with the patch that brings Seasons, The rest blue posts deal with The Barber, Juggernaut affix and the duration of the Darkening of Tristam event.
      Rainbow Portrait on Consoles
      The rainbow portrait isn't currently available on consoles. The implementation of portraits will come with the patch that brings Seasons to consoles (Season 10 maybe). Until then, you can earn portraits through the Darkening of Tristam event.
      Nevalistis
      So, with the 1.15/1.16 patch, will this portrait drop now on the consoles?
      Sorry for the delay in response, but I had to do some digging on this one. On console, Sir William does not currently drop the Whimsyshire portrait. The reason why is because full portrait integration isn't actually active yet for the Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4/XB1, though a couple of portraits can be earned through the Darkening of Tristram event (see here for more information on that). Full integration will be coming with the patch where Seasons become available on console.

      If this is something you guys would like to see in the future once portrait integration is in, I'll be happy to pass along that feedback to our console development team!
      (Source)
      The Darkening of Tristam Event Duration
      Another posts informs that the Darkening of Tristam event will last until the end of January and will return every January from here on out.
      Nevalistis
      When does the Darkening of Tristram event end?
      Just to confirm, The Darkening of Tristram event will last until the end of this month (January), and will return every January from here on out.
      (Source)
      The Barber Nerfs
      A player has submitted photographic evidence that The Barber has been nerfed. Here's a blue post related to it.
      Tyvalir
      I'm using it with a build I'm working on and I like it even though it's not doing insane amounts of godly damage like on the ptr.
      Glad you're liking the revamped Barber! As more people play with this item, there will doubtless be interesting new builds they create that are worth trying out.

      It's also worth noting that with the changes to certain items in patch 2.4.3, we've seen players talk about how these compare to the most powerful Legendary and Set items available in the game. 

      To clarify, our goal when updating Legendary items is to open up new build opportunities for players to explore. Along with this, it's important to note that not every item is designed to push the current best Greater Rift level. Some will be better for speed farming builds, and others will simply be a means to create fun novelty builds (like Manajuma's Way, for instance).

      There's more than one way to compare an item's relative worth, and more than one way to incorporate it into various builds. Even so, I'm glad to see people trying the new items out and sharing their experiences. It helps, for sure!
      Is it really not guaranteed elemental damage though?
      As for the weapon not rolling the additional damage modifier, that does seem buggy - I will pass this on, and thanks for reporting it!
      (Source)
      Juggernauts in Greater Rifts
      They now have lots of health and resistance to damage, intended? The information below was taken from the latest patch notes.
      2.4.3 Patch Notes - Juggernaut
      Juggernaut New enemy affix Juggernaut monsters are permanently immune to crowd control effects, but move more slowly than normal monsters Along with this change, enemies with this affix take 30% more damage from all sources Only a rare Elite enemy can be a Juggernaut (Source)
      There may even be a visual indicator for affixes on elites in the works!
      Tyvalir
      OK I got it - immunity to cc means a whole bunch of procs that raise damage or debuff won't work.
      Just wanted to clarify for those who haven't seen the new Juggernaut affix in-game or read our recent patch notes that this is correct. As with all enemy affixes, some will be easier for certain builds to handle while the inverse is true for others. 

      One of our goals when adding new enemy affixes is to broaden the types of enemy variety you see in the game and the kinds of challenges you'll face. This helps achieve both of those goals while (hopefully) encouraging you to think more tactically in certain cases as a CC-dependent character.
      Damn! Will have to actually look at affixes now - it would be nice to have a visual indicator on the elite.
      Totally fair feedback! I'm happy to pass this on and thanks for sharing it.
      (Source)