FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kevinlock

Warlock Guides Updated For 7.1.5?

Hello fellow Warlocks!

Question for the Icy Veins Staff and Guide Contributors. Will we see a update to the Warlock Guide (Destro for me) on Tuesday with the changes to 7.1.5? We are doing raiding that night and while I did get a chance to jump into the PTR and test things, I would really love to hear from our top Warlocks and see what will be the most optimal raiding talents and guide in their opinion with the new talent changes.

Thanks for all the help!

In the past there were updates up by the date the patches were released. Don't take my word for it but it's safe to assume they'll have something for you. In the mean time you can, at the very least, get the latest *daily* release of SimC and sim your character yourself in order to at least make gear/talent changes if they're needed. Best of luck to you in your raids! :)

Need to wait until the patch goes live for additional testing before writing a guide.

As of right now (for demo) the only thing that's changing is that we'll use grimoire of service instead of synergy due to the 5% nerf making service a DPS increase.

SimulationCraft posts their nightly builds for 7.1.5 here if you want to mess around with your build: http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

Just be a bit careful with these guides for 7.1.5; they look like they need to be edited as there appear to be some mistakes, mostly minor. But here's one: "It is worth noting that the heal from Mortal Coil Icon Mortal Coil only happens if the target is successfully horrified, so it cannot be used on a raid boss for a little bit of extra healing."

This statement as of 7.1.5 is false. You will get healed regardless of whether the target is successfully horrified or not. From the notes: 

"Mortal coil now always heals you, regardless of whether the target is affected by the Horror."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Liarparadox said:

"Mortal coil now always heals you, regardless of whether the target is affected by the Horror."

I'll message Furty and let him know. 

Any other errors feel free to let me know and I'll pass on the info. I rarely look at the guides myself.

Another thing to note about mortal coil (many people don't realize this for some reason) it can be used with Havoc.. so that should be a 40% heal right there..