Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andell

Frost in 7.1.5

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Patch 7.1.5 is a few days away, and I think it's probably safe to assume that no major changes will occur in the last few days before it's release. This being the case, I was wondering what to expect for 7.1.5, namely:

Will we be forced to use a BoS build on patch day? Or is OBRA still the way to go?

Are there any rotation/talent changes we need to make?

What is the general stat priority? (I know simming is better)

With the secondary stat squish, what are the new breakpoints?

Do we still want fishbrul special food? Still prolonged power?

Which legendaries are better than others? Any way we could get a legendary rankings list?

Any other notable changes that we need to actively "change" something for?

Edited by Andell

OBRA will be fine. BoS will pass it if played perfectly, though, but it's high risk/reward. Current sims show ~1% diff. 

OBRA stats and breakpoints are the same, I think -- really depends on the final, final numbers on the stat squish. BoS should be favoring MA > HA  is my understanding, but don't think it has breakpoints. 

I'm not sure we've needed/used fishbrul since 7.1. I usually use whichever secondary is currently simming with the highest gain (for me this tends to be versatility b/c I prefer haste on my gear since the food is cheaper than haste food). 

Still prolonged power unless you need the minute gains from OW or don't play well enough to get as much from OW. POF and US scale really well with PP :). 

My understanding is that wrist and belt are still best for OBRA. Belt and Ring will be best for BOS. Helm now has throughput on bosses AND due to the many aoe fights, the helm is good, but hasn't simmed as high as Belt or Wrist. If using helm, you just use RW b/f a Rime proc.

Frost changes for 7.1.5 primarily centered around making BoS viable.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, ArycHumDK said:

OBRA will be fine. BoS will pass it if played perfectly, though, but it's high risk/reward. Current sims show ~1% diff. 

OBRA stats and breakpoints are the same, I think -- really depends on the final, final numbers on the stat squish. BoS should be favoring MA > HA  is my understanding, but don't think it has breakpoints. 

I'm not sure we've needed/used fishbrul since 7.1. I usually use whichever secondary is currently simming with the highest gain (for me this tends to be versatility b/c I prefer haste on my gear since the food is cheaper than haste food). 

Still prolonged power unless you need the minute gains from OW or don't play well enough to get as much from OW. POF and US scale really well with PP :). 

My understanding is that wrist and belt are still best for OBRA. Belt and Ring will be best for BOS. Helm now has throughput on bosses AND due to the many aoe fights, the helm is good, but hasn't simmed as high as Belt or Wrist. If using helm, you just use RW b/f a Rime proc.

Frost changes for 7.1.5 primarily centered around making BoS viable.

Wow that was pretty thorough. Thanks for clearing that up! I really, really, really prefer OBRA, so I'm glad it will still be okay. I would do BoS if it was better (and technically 1% is better, but not enough to win me over), but I really didnt want to. Plus, I feel like BoS would be very difficult to pull off on fights that require you to move away for mechanics for a while (venom on Renferal etc.)

With secondaries being worth less per point in 7.1.5 (correct me if Im wrong about that, but that was my understanding), won't it be hard to hit ~20% haste and ~25% crit? And then wont getting versatility on top of that be even harder?

Edited by Andell