Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PumpkinRow

Guesses On When We Get A Hero That Isn't a Warcraft Assassin And Who It Is?

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay, so we have gotten Samuro(An Assassin from Warcraft), Varian(An Assassin from Warcraft, let's not pretend he's actually multiclass, he's an Assassin.), Ragnaros(An Assassin from Warcraft), and then we got Zul'Jin(An Assassin... from Warcraft) for Diablo's anniversary. If we ever get anything other than Warcraft Assassins, who and when do you think it'll be? I don't mean what you hope, I mean what you think is most likely to actually happen. I don't play Overwatch, but at this point, even a character from that would be better than yet another damn Warcraft Assassin.

 

Especially considering both Warcraft Heroes and Assassin heroes are what we have the absolute most of, dwarfing everything else completely.

Edited by PumpkinRow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what does it matter where is the character from, Wow is the biggest universe that Blizzard have and what made them who they are today, I do understand and agree that they should put some other role , specially support ,tank or specialist but why do you care if they are from WOW. There is a lot to come yet be grateful for what we got.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as guesses go it's incredibly hard to say. Rumor has it that Vereesa is next up, at least thats what Icy Veins says which is distilled from a 4chan post and a voice in a cinematic. Besides that, there are so many options (I've seen lists of hundreds of names in posts) that it's impossible to tell exactly unless your partner works as a hero developer at Blizzard. They don't just take the most well-known characters, but also weird, unexpected and surprising heroes.

Apart from that, having another WoW hero doesn't matter. It's the assassin part that is becoming a bit rediculous. We need a support first and foremost. A tank or specialist would be almost as welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2017 at 10:06 AM, Klovzz said:

I wonder what does it matter where is the character from, Wow is the biggest universe that Blizzard have and what made them who they are today, I do understand and agree that they should put some other role , specially support ,tank or specialist but why do you care if they are from WOW. There is a lot to come yet be grateful for what we got.

Because, part of the reason I play HotS is because I like the characters and lore behind them, I have special attachment to characters I know and like. I like StarCraft, Diablo, and a few of the characters from Overwatch, I have absolutely zero interest in WarCraft. It was, therefor, disappointing to get so many Warcraft heroes in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2017 at 11:13 AM, Skyewalker said:

As far as guesses go it's incredibly hard to say. Rumor has it that Vereesa is next up, at least thats what Icy Veins says which is distilled from a 4chan post and a voice in a cinematic. Besides that, there are so many options (I've seen lists of hundreds of names in posts) that it's impossible to tell exactly unless your partner works as a hero developer at Blizzard. They don't just take the most well-known characters, but also weird, unexpected and surprising heroes.

Apart from that, having another WoW hero doesn't matter. It's the assassin part that is becoming a bit rediculous. We need a support first and foremost. A tank or specialist would be almost as welcome.

The Warcraft part matters to those like me, who don't have any interest in Warcraft. I otherwise agree.

 

I figured I'd ask for guesses because a lot of times there have been correct guesses from others, like the guy who predicted Varian, Samuro, Ragnaros, and a few others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st off, I don't have any good predictions. gameplay-wise, we need more support/specialist heroes but it's really hard to predict who these heroes might be in part because the existing ones are often heroes who you wouldn't inherently assume are support-exclusive. With the obvious exception of Lt. Morales, if you look at heroes like rehgar, malfurion, kharazim, tassadar, etc. they could easily have taken these characters the route of assassin.

On 1/8/2017 at 5:43 PM, PumpkinRow said:

Varian (A Tank from Warcraft, let's not pretend he's actually multi-class, he's a Tank.

fixed that typo for you :D taunt is his only real spec the others get crushed outside of quickmatch.

(I agree with the sentiment though that I'd like to see other franchises and roles better represented. Overwatch in particular seems ripe for the picking...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Voltorocks said:

1st off, I don't have any good predictions. gameplay-wise, we need more support/specialist heroes but it's really hard to predict who these heroes might be in part because the existing ones are often heroes who you wouldn't inherently assume are support-exclusive. With the obvious exception of Lt. Morales, if you look at heroes like rehgar, malfurion, kharazim, tassadar, etc. they could easily have taken these characters the route of assassin.

fixed that typo for you :D taunt is his only real spec the others get crushed outside of quickmatch.

(I agree with the sentiment though that I'd like to see other franchises and roles better represented. Overwatch in particular seems ripe for the picking...)

You're kidding yourself, he only goes Assassin and Bruiser builds. Taunt is extremely weak, and has the lowest win rate out of all of his builds, and is rarely seen. Both of his other ults are inherently better, and give him way more sustain with the builds that go with them. The fact that his tank build can't effectively use Second Wind just makes it completely worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PumpkinRow said:

You're kidding yourself, he only goes Assassin and Bruiser builds. Taunt is extremely weak, and has the lowest win rate out of all of his builds, and is rarely seen. Both of his other ults are inherently better, and give him way more sustain with the builds that go with them. The fact that his tank build can't effectively use Second Wind just makes it completely worthless.

As of right now, Taunt has the second highest win and pick rate on HOTSlogs, with TBoF being slightly ahead in the higher leagues (Platinum, Diamond, and Master). This doesn't hold true for all leagues, however, where Taunt has the best win rate, but a 25% pick rate, closely followed up by TBoF which has a 50% pick rate and 49% win rate. While you may not be seeing it so often, Taunt is still considered viable in the higher tiers of play, and throughout the ladder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's also worth pointing out that hots logs may not be a very good indicator, particularly for these talents; especially in high leagues (where people can actually make this judgement call accurately) it is likely that there will be some self-selection for win-more talents during games that are going very well and try-hard talents during games where things are looking grim.

TLDR; players may be more likely to say "screw it, I'm going damage" when a game is going well, possibly artificially inflating the win rate of some talents.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Voltorocks said:

I think it's also worth pointing out that hots logs may not be a very good indicator, particularly for these talents; especially in high leagues (where people can actually make this judgement call accurately) it is likely that there will be some self-selection for win-more talents during games that are going very well and try-hard talents during games where things are looking grim.

TLDR; players may be more likely to say "screw it, I'm going damage" when a game is going well, possibly artificially inflating the win rate of some talents.

 

True, but it still gives some indication of win rates/talent selection (or at least I hope!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2017 at 4:17 PM, Niteshadow said:

As of right now, Taunt has the second highest win and pick rate on HOTSlogs, with TBoF being slightly ahead in the higher leagues (Platinum, Diamond, and Master). This doesn't hold true for all leagues, however, where Taunt has the best win rate, but a 25% pick rate, closely followed up by TBoF which has a 50% pick rate and 49% win rate. While you may not be seeing it so often, Taunt is still considered viable in the higher tiers of play, and throughout the ladder.

You may be right... on the other hand, if he's not an Assassin, then why does he lack a "Role" stat, like only Assassins and Specialists do? If he were a Warrior, he would have a "Role" stat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2017 at 9:44 PM, Niteshadow said:

True, but it still gives some indication of win rates/talent selection (or at least I hope!)

yeah, I think it does; in this case I'm saying if anything it may *undervalue* the strength of the less popular talent.

 

2 hours ago, PumpkinRow said:

You may be right... on the other hand, if he's not an Assassin, then why does he lack a "Role" stat, like only Assassins and Specialists do? If he were a Warrior, he would have a "Role" stat.

I think you know the answer to this is that he does not have a consistent role. He's a good tank and an passable assassin. If you're just asking a rhetorical question, then I should say no one ever disagreed with you that hero development has been stupidly lopsided (well, not me). Just a shout out to all the bottom feeder Varians to play taunt more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Voltorocks said:

yeah, I think it does; in this case I'm saying if anything it may *undervalue* the strength of the less popular talent.

 

I think you know the answer to this is that he does not have a consistent role. He's a good tank and an passable assassin. If you're just asking a rhetorical question, then I should say no one ever disagreed with you that hero development has been stupidly lopsided (well, not me). Just a shout out to all the bottom feeder Varians to play taunt more.

It was 100% rhetorical, since it's obvious enough that he's an Assassin.

 

Wasn't one of their staff members swapped recently? Maybe he favors Warcraft because he has bad taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PumpkinRow said:

It was 100% rhetorical, since it's obvious enough that he's an Assassin.

 

Wasn't one of their staff members swapped recently? Maybe he favors Warcraft because he has bad taste.

Bad taste? No other world on Blizzard universe is as rich as WoW , how getting WoW toons would be a bad taste?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Klovzz said:

Bad taste? No other world on Blizzard universe is as rich as WoW , how getting WoW toons would be a bad taste?

Totally agree here. Personal preferences have absolutely nothing to do (PumpkinRow) with the fact that objectively WoW has the biggest lore. That doesn't mean we should only get WoW characters. But if you compare the lore with the amount of heroes represented, I have to say it's fairly equal. Apart from Overwatch at the moment, but let's be fair, most of us get annoyed by those heroes anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skyewalker said:

Totally agree here. Personal preferences have absolutely nothing to do (PumpkinRow) with the fact that objectively WoW has the biggest lore. That doesn't mean we should only get WoW characters. But if you compare the lore with the amount of heroes represented, I have to say it's fairly equal. Apart from Overwatch at the moment, but let's be fair, most of us get annoyed by those heroes anyways.

Yeah mate, the overwatch characters on the game at the moment, Tracer and Zarya are rly annoying. I wish they had never included OW toons in heroes. We don't have a strong background of them. Overwatch really lacks interesting lore.

Edited by Klovzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2017 at 0:34 PM, Klovzz said:

We don't have a strong background of them. Overwatch really lacks interesting lore.

I won't try to contest that tracer and zarya might have annoying personalities (personal preference and all that) but the above statement really makes me think you haven't been following overwatch very closely. Althought the in-game stuff is pretty light overall (though it's actually quite dense for the size, age, and type of game) the game-adjacent materials (trailers, cinematics, comics, and on and on with other promo materials) actually fill in quite a bit of the game's rich and interesting lore (again, adjusting for personal tastes).

 

TLDR; for its age OW actually has a great deal of well-done background lore; even if it's not your jam, it's not accurate to say there's nothing there.

Edited by Voltorocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing there when you compare it to its fellow brothers , Diablo , WoW ,Stc2 and even Hearthstone. The idea that a bunch of heroes jump out of nowhere after saving the world and divided in 2 sides is ridiculous. Overwatch characters and personalities what so ever are from extreme to extreme , there only a few of them that could be interesting to know about out of that most of them are based in stupid stories and contest, now take these characters and compare them with any heroes at Hots and you will have your answer there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.