Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Uludaq

Adjusting to Guardian Druid changes

5 posts in this topic

So after taking a look at the patch notes of my beloved Guardian Druid I guess we'll have to adjust so some significant changes.

- Rage Generation took an overall nerve.

- Ironfur took a double nerve. First by lower availability due to lower rage Generation and second by having its effect reduced from 100% armor to 80%.

- Another double nerve is Gory Fur, now lowering costs by 25% instead of 50%, paired with lower overall rage generation.

- Some talent changes that need ingame testing, like damage buff for Pulverize and the new Talent replacing displacer beast.

In total I find this to be a nerve for this spec, that is not evened out by 4% damage increase on many base skills - espeacially when reading, that the damage increase is a lot higher for many other classes/specs (that in some cases also needed it way more, but you get what I mean, I think).

I like the thought about more Focus on deciding whether to use ironfur or mark of ursol, since we won't be able to use it in quick succession anymore.

So how do my fellow Guardian Druids think about These changes? Did anyone experience it on the PTR and can give some comparison to the live version pre 7.1.5?

How noticable are the changes to our gameplay?

Edited by Uludaq

I'm no guardian pro, I play it only when no tank is available. From what I've seen, and compared to my DH tank, the guardian was lacking any kind of interesting gameplay.

It was a mindless spam of 3 technics, which was very helpfull as I didn't want to go into details when tanking but honestly, tanking with was easy and still very effective.

I guess the nerf was required so we have some level of resource management, and some choice to make when spending rage into our mitigation. I know it's a nerf, but I have the feeling that the druid was kinda op compared to other tanks in the sense it requires very little management.

I sincerely hope I'm completely wrong  :o)

33 minutes ago, bobifle said:

I guess the nerf was required so we have some level of resource management

That was the same thought I had while writing my post. The Bear is very forgiving in his rotation and resource-usage, meaning the nerve spices the spec up a bit. Only thing I can hardly imagine is, how the "double nerves" will affect gameplay. We'll see. I think the changes can be easily adjusted to.

Didn't have the time to play PTR and I'm not sure if your post was a comparison of live versus PTR, so I'd appreciate another feedback as to how different playing "feels".

Just too curious right now to wait for tomorrow ;D

Edited by Uludaq

Tanked some Mythic EN and some 10/11/12 Mythic+ (although with skittering it's difficult to test much). All in all the changes are great (unless being the top in everything without lifting a finger is your game), finally I have to think, just a little, while tanking.

Despite what it looks like on paper I'm having as little issue now as I was before, but now that Pulverize is worth taking and now that our rage generation requires us to plan ahead a bit (particularly in raids where we are using Bristling Fur) I am really enjoying myself. There is a consequence to my failures and it is felt - very quickly - if I'm not paying attention.

Whether or not we're balanced? I don't know, but as long as I can do the content I'm happy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormcaster
      Union is an Alliance guild on Uldum (PVE server) - I will keep this short. We are looking to add two ranged dps to our core mythic team. We would prefer a hunter/shadow priest/boomkin. We are currently 9/10 Heroic in Nighthold after 2 nights of heroic raiding. We were 7/7M in EN and 2/3M in ToV. We raid:

Tuesday - 8-11 EST
      Thursday - 8-11 EST
      Sunday 7-11 EST

We recruit players that have a good attitude, have high dps and are good with mechanics and movement. 

If interested, add me on btag: Stormcaster#1629
    • By Rodee
      I know Unleash Doom was recommended as the second golden talent before getting Doom Vortex, but since Vortex just got buffed, and I am also using the Overcharge and Hot Hand talent; Is Vortex better to grab first now? Especially due to it proccing off Overcharged lightning bolts and the increased Lava Lash damage on the way down to it.
    • By Bunbohue
      Now with patch 7.1.5 out and the boots/talent energy refund being nerfed, does energetic stabbing become our most sought after relic trait?
      Is there any order of best > worst amongst the relic traits?
    • By jagodziarz
      Hello there: )

Guyz i've got a question, i've been reading on icyveins forum , that in the new rotation/talents we need atleast 17% of haste just to have a proper DPS on it. It's that true?
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 5 or more Mythic boss kills.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Druid: Balance and Guardian.
      Priest: Shadow
      Other dps will also be considered.