FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Boonatix

Balance Guide - Rotation Update?

After my first raid yesterday I noticed that the Balance Rotation cannot be correct... with the nerf to the Emerald Dreamcatcher it was impossible for me to get more than 3 Starsurge out there when doing the opening rotation utilizing Bloodlust...

In general, the change to this legendary hit me personally more than expected... and totally screws with the smooth spellweaving rotation I got used to. How is anyone else accomodating to this?

The guide overall is great and helped me a lot :) I would love to get more input on Trinkets... are there still no better ones, or could we see some comparions / simulations please?

If you're referring to step 13, then yes, 4 Starsurge now costs 104 AP minimum so that isn't possible :) Maybe personal preference but I never liked dumping all my AP like that anyway; I like to hold onto as much AP as possible without overcapping, so that if I have to move I have plenty of Starsurges on deck.

For me personally the change has been a bit of a learning curve dealing with the arithmetic changes :D and in my experience the nerf almost cancels out the 7.1.5 damage buff. Seems fair. and I still enjoy this version of the rotation more than the standard one.

Edited by Aleila

5 hours ago, Aleila said:

If you're referring to step 13, then yes, 4 Starsurge now costs 104 AP minimum so that isn't possible :) Maybe personal preference but I never liked dumping all my AP like that anyway; I like to hold onto as much AP as possible without overcapping, so that if I have to move I have plenty of Starsurges on deck.

For me personally the change has been a bit of a learning curve dealing with the arithmetic changes :D and in my experience the nerf almost cancels out the 7.1.5 damage buff. Seems fair. and I still enjoy this version of the rotation more than the standard one.

Yes, same impression here... I even have the feeling that the Emerald Dreamcatcher might not be worth it, changing to the wirsts instead... proper spellweaving is a challenge and the buff is not long enough to use it properly, because even without it I can have a starsurge, fill in spells, do another starsurge, fill in spells... it kinda lost its flow to me.

9 hours ago, vizzor said:

Is Haste or Mastery more Important now ? I have heard that Blizz has changed the importantance  of haste

depending on your legendaries, if you have the Emerald Dreamcatcher, the 33% Haste BreakPoint is still important :)