FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

How to ask for help with your Mistweaver Monk

The advice here is golden. And Krazy, our talk really -- really -- helped. I'm a little bugged about my ReM jumping to targets that aren't taking damage, but I'm using the Soothing for actual healing most of the time anyway. I now build Chi like a madman and have to really watch it to drain using Uplift for Mana Tea. I do use SCK for both healing and Chi against groups and it's a dream: quick, easy and painless. Xuen is terrific for eminence healing. And, best of all, the other healers that I talk to have no concept of a "Low Spirit Build." They are astonished that my spirit is less than half of theirs, that my healing is damned near as good as theirs and that I don't run slap out of mana.

So far, my best raid healing is around 37K and nowhere near your 102K, but at least I'm now way ahead of the DK healing (and many Druids, Priests and Shaman). Being 2-3/6 in a raid is a lot more comfortable than being 6-8/6.

And now, just as you predicted, I need to do something with my UI and get back to HealBot. Healium does take up -way- too much screen space, even tho it does work well.

Thanks again for all the help. I'll keep dropping in.

Something curious is going on. I have raised my Crit to just over 11K and my Ilvl to 516. My out-of-combat mana regen is just over 11K now too. But that's not the curiosity: In the LFRs that I constantly run, I now tend to finish somewhere around 2nd or 3rd in total healing. That's the good part. The part that I'm concerned about is that I only seem to average around 30K healing while others (most who finish below me) are doing 50K or more. In some cases, a whole lot more.

The question that I have is "How is this happening?" I mean, is it just my Recount messing up or is it something more sinister? The Recount breakdown shows that my main healing is Renewing Mist/Uplift, Soothing Mist and the other basic things. Xuen helps a whole lot on the Eminence side of things when I can wake him up. Spinning Crane really helps in groups. Most of the time, my mana is not a major concern, but I do keep a close eye on it.

Am I worried about nothing? And, short of getting better gear, how do I raise my healing-per-second stat? Any advice will be welcome, as usual.

One last thing: I almost got voted out of another LFR yesterday -- for low dps! That talk stopped when I reported the Recount for total healing done. They voted out the fellow that wanted to kick me. Ah, sweet irony!

Make sure your recount is set to "current fight" and not over all.

If you are doing more healing than other people but less HPS it could me a couple things.

1. You are healing when it matters and kinda stop healing altogether when it doesn't
  2. The other guys just are really more under geared than you
  3. Your recount is messed up.

I mean, if you're worried about HPS then all you need to do is just constantly heal the entire fight without many gaps and heal every single bit of damage you see.  But it shouldn't matter that much unless you're running OOM or are not beating encounters due to healing issues.

Remember, the more you heal, the less others can heal.

Hi Taipo, one thing that it may be happening is that other healers are dying, let me explain: The fight starts, everything is going fine and easy, after a few mins you get very high raid-wide damage; healer A throws all his CDs heals everyone but drops dead. Meanwhile healer B (you) keeps healing, manages to survive, and finishes the fight alive. In this scenario, you'll notice that healer's A hps is way higher than healer's B since the period of time healing was shorter due to his tragic death, but healer B will have way more total healing due to being alive longer and healing more over the fight... This can also be applied to a healer engaging the fight later; sometimes in LFR, people are no serious and alt+tab away and when they come back is half through the fight. Since recount wont start counting seconds until they get in the fight, they will have less seconds to divide their total healing, resulting in a higher hps.

That being said, being top of the meters isnt everything. There is no way to calculate how much of that healing was done when it really counted. I personally think that is way more valuable a healer that knows when to burst their healing, making the raid survive in critic periods of times, that dispels when you have to dispel, that knows how to react when someone else screws up, etc etc than someone that just tops on the healing charts.

I hope I helped you in any way... and remember, if you want to be the highest hps just wait for everyone to get really low, drink a intellect potion, pop trinkets, throw as many uplifts you can + revival + xuen and as soon as eveyone is topped off, just die xP you'll definitely have a high hps.

Edited by kika

Many thanks for the advice, Kiku. I probably won't folow the "Mass Heal then Die" scenario, but I do understand it, Sadly, a lot of the time it's me who's doing the dying -- then sitting there and watching the other guys pass me on the Recount.

Several people have told me not to be that concerned with the numbers, but I have to see the same world others see, so I feel as though I -have- to watch them. I'm still working on knowing when to pop Revival, especially since the other healers are busy hitting their big heal spells at the same time, usually.

Again, Many thanks for the feedback. I'll try to stop obsessing about Recount and just heal.

"If the Healer dies, everybody dies." -- Ancient Chinese Saying (still true today)

• Like 1

That is usually a problem in LFRs, since you are not talking to each other or you have no planning, usually all the healers pop their CDs at the same time. Wait until you start doing normal (or even flex) to worry about when is your turn to pop revival/Pots/2xTFT blah blah blah =D 

And if you are finding yourself facing the floor for most of the fights, you can always check some of the Raid guides (maybe it's just not knowing the fight) https://www.icy-veins.com/raids-wow you can check that out (if you havent already) 

"Dead DPS doesnt do DPS." -- Proverb from one of my drunk guildies. (you can easily apply that to healers as well)

updated with new weights, if you used the old ones, this should not change your gems (if it does its probably something to do with spirit and crit gems)

If you think that the weights are doing something wrong or something you don't like please let me know. 

Taipo, if you'd like I can run an LFR with you and see what the problem is

You're Alliance. Nevermind. You haven't even reached the first haste breakpoint. Reforge the mastery in your Basilisk ring to haste. To make sure you're reaching a breakpoint, you need to go into Tiger stance or whatever it's called and make sure the haste value is 3145 or 6141. You're almost at the 3145 so reforging that ring is all you have to do.

What EXACTLY are you doing during a boss fight. Like spell by spell, what are you doing? Because at 499 ilvl you should be doing 40k+ HPS (not that HPS is the best measurement of healing but w/e).  And I feel like I should ask this... are you keeping your Jade Serpent Statue up? Like relatively near the raid?

And Krazyito, it does minimal healing but with 5k spirit it's basically a free heal. A crit from it would be pretty decent, especially if you have the amplification trinkets and still cost almost no mana. A lot of monks I know have found some use for it.

I just want to ask for a clarification:

You make a comment about being in Tiger Stance when reforging, but I have been under the impression that if I log out in Serpent stance and use Mr. Robot that it should calculate correctly.  Have I missed something?

I just want to ask for a clarification:

You make a comment about being in Tiger Stance when reforging, but I have been under the impression that if I log out in Serpent stance and use Mr. Robot that it should calculate correctly.  Have I missed something?

If you're using Mr. Robot you're fine.  If you use Reforgelite or other addons you need to be in tiger stance.

When we mention haste breakpoint we are talking about the amount of haste you need while you are in TIGER stance.

Taipo I noticed ur in my realm and Krazy helped me out alot as well when I was first learning I do alot of 10m and I can help u... Toons name is Jademyst... just send me a tell in game and I dont ever mind helping

Something curious is going on. I have raised my Crit to just over 11K and my Ilvl to 516. My out-of-combat mana regen is just over 11K now too. But that's not the curiosity: In the LFRs that I constantly run, I now tend to finish somewhere around 2nd or 3rd in total healing. That's the good part. The part that I'm concerned about is that I only seem to average around 30K healing while others (most who finish below me) are doing 50K or more. In some cases, a whole lot more.

The question that I have is "How is this happening?" I mean, is it just my Recount messing up or is it something more sinister? The Recount breakdown shows that my main healing is Renewing Mist/Uplift, Soothing Mist and the other basic things. Xuen helps a whole lot on the Eminence side of things when I can wake him up. Spinning Crane really helps in groups. Most of the time, my mana is not a major concern, but I do keep a close eye on it.

Am I worried about nothing? And, short of getting better gear, how do I raise my healing-per-second stat? Any advice will be welcome, as usual.

One last thing: I almost got voted out of another LFR yesterday -- for low dps! That talk stopped when I reported the Recount for total healing done. They voted out the fellow that wanted to kick me. Ah, sweet irony!

If u need someone in Llane to help u out with your monk hit me up. I am available for any questions.

Greetings.

I am currently trying to adjust to healing in SoO (just LFR for now, with one second section of flex complete). I find that I fluctuate so baddly in the LFRs it's embarrassing. I can be second or third on current fight, and other times be OOM and barely 5th. I assume that is due to my own mismanagement of my Mana and Mana teas. So I went to AMR and grew confused by what it wanted me to do!

Ask Mr. Robot wants me to change out a large portion my haste for crit. as well as some of my spirit/haste gems. I was wondering why. Here is my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Daxiali/advanced  My question is, should I regem/reforge ike Robot says, get rid of the haste and go with the crit? Also, I know I likely have gemmed incorrectly as I used spirit gems/haste gems. But I was under the impression that the extra ticks you get from Renewing mists at the haste break points was helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dax.

Ask Mr. Robot wants me to change out a large portion my haste for crit. as well as some of my spirit/haste gems. I was wondering why.

Due to the way mana tea interacts with crit it means that crit>spirit as we gain more mana from mana tea use

The haste breakpoints are good but only to a level that you dont lose too much crit in doing so.

Try this

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/wyrmrest_accord/daxiali

also remove your mana tea glyph so you can chug away whenever you like.

I clicked the link but it just linked me to what I have on currently. Hmmm. I will get rid of the Mana tea glyph, though do you find having to channel it a pain or is it just a timing thing? Also, what glyph do you recommend to replace Mana Tea?

Since I can't see the changes you made in the link, I am going to work off the one provided by AMR for now. If you have any more tips please let me know!

Another question. When should I use Enveloping Mist? I have been casting it when I start the Soothing Mist cast to increase SM's heal. But after re-reading the tool tip, I realized I am likely wasting a 150K to 200K heal by doing that. Is the 30% healing bonus to SM, worth it or should I wait to use EM until the heal over time it provides will be needed?

Thanks so much for the help!

Dax

So it appears im bad at linking It was just the stat weights u can find in the first post of this thread anyway. Just click edit weights and input the numbers from Krazyito's post.

When should I use Enveloping Mist?

Rarely, i use it to dump chi fast sometimes. Uplift should be your goto chi dump spell.

The 30% bonus to SM healing is really just that, a bonus. Dont hinge your play style around it.

what glyph do you recommend to replace Mana Tea?

Some are preferrential, i use the SCK glyph, Surging mist glyph and, Zen meditation glyph.

Glyph of detox and fortuitous spheres can be useful also.

Many people use the glyph of renewing mists to control the jump differently.

Due to the way mana tea interacts with crit it means that crit>spirit as we gain more mana from mana tea use

The haste breakpoints are good but only to a level that you dont lose too much crit in doing so.

Try this

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/wyrmrest_accord/daxiali

also remove your mana tea glyph so you can chug away whenever you like.

You need to hit the save button and provide that link for the changes..

I would help, but it's currently 230 am for me and I need to sleep so I can catch my plane for blizzcon in the morning.

My advice, use the weights in top post and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

You need to hit the save button and provide that link for the changes..

I would help, but it's currently 230 am for me and I need to sleep so I can catch my plane for blizzcon in the morning.

My advice, use the weights in top post and you should be good to go.

In order to help our mankster, here is a link to you char with krazymonk's weights. 

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/bc456942-5a68-42a7-8557-b9ee41c77ba0

Give it a try with the least spirit possible, also it takes time to adjust your playstyle to a low spirit build, be patient! ... However, if you find yourself ooming no matter what you do, try setting a spirit cap.. (go to "SPIRIT SOFT CAP" enter the amount you'll like (it shouldn't be more than 8000) go to the weights section and set "Spirit(to 8000)" to 0.6) thats it!

Hope it works,

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for the wonderful help you have all been. I haven't tested it out in SoO LFR yet, but did go through some Heroics to get the feel for changing up how I heal and it seems to be working out well. I notice my mana is not taking nearly the hit I thought it would with the low spirit/high crit build.

Before I reforged/gemmed/enchanted to my current armory, I did try out an SoO third wing LFR, I was low on the heals, but not sure if that was due to trying out a new way of healing or if I just wasn't right with the gems and such. But, going to try a bit later today in the last wing of SoO LFR and see how I go! I will report back with my findings!

Thank you all again, your help has been invaluable.

Dax

I find that I fluctuate so baddly in the LFRs it's embarrassing. I can be second or third on current fight, and other times be OOM and barely 5th. I assume that is due to my own mismanagement of my Mana and Mana teas.

LFR is bad for measuring your healing since the team changes every time. The quality of the co-healers and the quantity of people taking avoidable damage being the two biggest factors. Granted it is sometimes fun to race against the damage taken by a slow reacting group, unless it leads to a lot of wipestongue.png

For example the pulsing damage on Norushen complements monk healing very nicely and is an easy healing meter ego boost if you feel like you need one :D

Edited by Ceraius

I tried out the new reforge/gem and new way of healing in the Last section of LFR. I only made it to Blackfuse before I left. I was averaging 40 to 50 K. I was very disappointed. Only monk heals and was still low. Having to adjust to the new way of healing is likely the issue. I start out with throwing on Rewewing mists to the Main tank, then start with Soothing Mists. I am using Weak Auras to keep track of Renewing Mists, and try to get it on as many people as possible before using Thunder Focus Tea, then keep throwing up renewing mist and using uplift.

I am a bit confused on what abilities I should be using and when. But I think that is in large part do to my watching of the healing meters and seeing other monks heal differently and out heal me. It makes me wonder what I am doing wrong. I don't mind being out healed by someone that out gears me, that I can understand, but when someone undergears me by a bit, it's frustrating.

I guess my question is, given my new stat update which can be seen here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Daxiali/advance

What way, or rather what should my new rotation be? I also changed out Chi Torpedo for Xuen because I was reading how each fight can really make use of him. So thought I would try that. Was it a good idea?

Thanks again!

Dax

Was it a good idea?

I used Xuen to begin with as RJW can be harder to manage mana/chi wise so yeah xuen is a viable choice.

You have ascension instead of chi brew, i would change that.

At a quick glance your stats look fine. Your "healing rotation" sounds ok as a basic. ReM on cd, uplift to dump chi and soothing mist to generate chi.

Are you waiting for damage to happen to uplift and you are perhaps getting sniped?

LFR is bad for measuring your healing since the team changes every time.

This can be so true.

Chin up and keep practicing! As you get used to fight mechanics you can pre empt the damage and it gets easier :)

If you can figure out how to give us logs I can help out more. (after blizzcon for myself of course)

I am currently working on a way to get you a log of what I am doing. I took a screen shot of my Skada for an LFR ToT Animus fight. http://tinyurl.com/lptqldt It only shows percentage of use of spells. LFR is hard to gauge how well or how poorly I am healing. In this particular LFR run, there were two priests healing for 85K, a shaman for 78K, and a paladin for 70K, I was lucky to make 40K on a fight. It was very frustrating.

I have discovered however, that having Chi Brew instead of Ascension is amazing, and having gotten rid of the Mana Tea Glyph even if I do mismanage my mana it really is not an issue at all. So that fear of not having spirit to get mana back during combat is laid to rest! Thanks for that!

I am trying to use uplift whenever I can. But it feels like such a waste, and people were really freaking out about the overhealing, so not sure what to do there.

Thanks again for all the help! It makes me seem less of a struggle! smile.png

Dax

I am trying to use uplift whenever I can. But it feels like such a waste, and people were really freaking out about the overhealing, so not sure what to do there.

Dont stress about it. Overhealing is nowhere near as bad as it once was. Providing you arent oom and way overhealing it doesnt matter.

If you are worried about it still only uplift when u have 4 chi so that u dont sit with unused chi as that it a waste and stops you from generating any more chi. The bonus of mana tea means that even if noone needs the heals and u uplift twice u can gain large amounts of mana tea so by overhealing your affectively gaining mana for when you may need it later on.

two priests....paladin

Its not surpising you were overhealing with 3 absorb sniping healers in the group.

LFR is so easy now that if you have a good disc pirest or a few good healers there just isnt enough damage to be healed and you will overheal alot.

I heal with a disc priest and a pally in my guild. They all laugh at my minimal healing at the beginning of H norushen and fights like protectors. But come the last 45 seconds of Norushen they love me, Final phase of galakras they love me, sun's desperate measures phase they love me, i could go on....

We are mana batteries that can pump out insane heals when needed but in order to get that mana tea you have to spend all the chi u can as often as u can. I often finish a fight and i have overhealed more than our pally and priest healed put together.

The healing meter pic u posted looks fine excpet that uplift should be your top heal and should out do ReM, however if you had 2 disc pirests then they may have all gone to overheal.

Chin up kepp on overhealing :)