FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

How to ask for help with your Mistweaver Monk

I echo everything Brewmonksta said.  The skada picture looks fine too.  Seems like the way it should be.  LC was surprisingly high ,and Chi wave was low.   If anything, work on using chi wave on CD even if no one needs the healing.  Does damage + decent spot healing near the boss.

Thank you Brewmonksta and Krazyito, I really appreciate all the help. I will just keep toiling away and  Keep working on improving. I will work on putting Chi wave up all the time. I honestly forget about it, which I think is in large part to me having it in an awkward position on my bars.

Thank you all again. It has been such a huge help and the encouragement has really been wonderful.

Off to explore the delights of overhealing. :P

Dax

Greetings and such!

I read through all that you've advised so far and found it to be rather helpful. The suggestion of not dropping below 5100 Spirit was great, and the 30% Crit rating did surprise me. However, I'm afraid that I'm kinda...left at a loss. I took my Mistweaver Monk to Ask Mr. Robot to try and optimize her. But when I did what it suggested and blew everything up with Spirit...I went from Cannon to Squish. I reset all the reforges and returned to the default build and it did help but...I'm still being out-healed and in some cases my heals are weak one fight then strong the next. I prefer stacking Crit simply because more often than not I have to solo stuff in game which requires decent DPS to overcome. I'm happy with the Crit build but something is still off. Can anyone give me some additional numbers/percentages in suggestion of what to aim for as far as build goes?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Claerice/simple

Since I've a feeling you'd want to see that, get the armory stuff out there right off the bat. So far I do great on the Timeless Isle for soloing stuff but I know that's far different than raiding--which I'm looking to do more of on her.

Check out the stat weights for the reforging on page 1.

Unless im mistaken u havent reforged anything. You also have a mastery gem in ur helm that needs replacing.

Change your meta gem to the int and crit gem (burning shadowspirit diamond).

Drop ascention for chi brew.

Start with this and then practice. You havent really done any content that requires alot of healing so isnt a good way to gauge your performance.

Chin up and practice :)

Thanks for the recommendation on the gem, Brew. But--I did reforge as Ask Mr. Robot told me to--and I returned to the defaults when the reforge for optimization just made me 1-hit killable before I could do much healing of any sort. That's why it says nothing's been reforged because I couldn't figure out how to do stuff solo in PvE with so much worthless spirit and no ability to return DPS. I do better in PvE soloing with the default build than I did with Mr. Robot's optimizations. And...I admit, I'm just utterly confused about the "stat weights" part as I've no clue what that is, and that's also the parts I didn't understand about the posts on page 1.

Krazy, that looks a TON better than what it was giving me with the "change everything to Spirit/Haste" from before. Thank you, will try that and see how it goes.

And will see the chi-brew thing. I am aware I need to switch a few glyphs up as well, they're just a bit steep in price.

Tacking on this tid-bit i posted at the top of the thread:

As a note these weights will work for the most part, but please note that you should be actively trying to figure out how to squeeze more crit out of your gear.  Which will only come from tweaking some of these weights up and down based on your gear without scarifing too much int. Some chices may be a preference. All up to you..  Look at the changes Mr. Robot tells you before you do them.  Ask yourself, "Do I want more crit in some of these sockets? (mainly blue)"  Just decide for yourself if you want it to change.

I say this becasue I put in these weights on brewmonsta's character and I realized that it was going for +120 int socket bonuses with 2 blue sockets.  I thought I remembered thinking that I did not want that to happen, but Idk.

So I just want to emphasis that people look at their changes before they do it and decide for themselves if they think that it looks right.  Look at my armory, look at other monks armories.  Does the gemming scheme follow the same general pattern?  There are a couple things (like blue sockets with +int bonus) that each MW is going to have different opinions on, but thats why you're able to edit the weights.

An example of when you're going to want more int over crit is when you are at around 40-50% crit raid buffed.  Then it may be wiser to gain a little more intellect even if it means gaining spirit too. (In the case I'm taking about is -320 crit for +320 spirit and +120 int)

An example of when you're going to want more int over crit is when you are at around 40-50% crit raid buffed.  Then it may be wiser to gain a little more intellect even if it means gaining spirit too. (In the case I'm taking about is -320 crit for +320 spirit and +120 int)

This is the reason i kept the green gems.

Im finding that at the levels of crit/haste i can reach the int is worth it more than the crit IMO

Ok I am confused this stat weights you provide favor haste over crit.  I am in a 10 man guild and I have been using these weights.

It favors a heavy crit build with low spirit. I manage to do fine with mana, I just have to check my stacks on occasion. Is haste more effective now than crit. I haven't been to this site in a few weeks, and I wanna min max my toon to the best I can. Please take a look. Any tips would be appreciated.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/2cc23f1e-82ec-4276-9f02-c3c262c0aff4

Is haste more effective now than crit

Haste to a cap is very important. Then crit after the breakpoint.

The question becomes what level of haste should you go for before stacking crit.

This depends on gear. My rule of thumb is go for the highest haste breakoint without dropping below 40% crit raid buffed.

Now that i am more geared personally i go for higher haste.

For you IMO(i cannot stress that this is just my opinion enough) i would head for the 9158 break point with your current gear u can hit that and stay above 40% crit raid buffed.

Haste to a cap is very important. Then crit after the breakpoint.

The question becomes what level of haste should you go for before stacking crit.

This depends on gear. My rule of thumb is go for the highest haste breakoint without dropping below 40% crit raid buffed.

Now that i am more geared personally i go for higher haste.

For you IMO(i cannot stress that this is just my opinion enough) i would head for the 9158 break point with your current gear u can hit that and stay above 40% crit raid buffed.

I tried tweaking this to the next haste break point, but it puts my crit under 40%, is there a tweak i am missing?

Edited by Jiujitsu

I tried tweaking this to the next haste break point, but it puts my crit under 40%, is there a tweak i am missing? It also give me more mastery

Edited by Jiujitsu

Ok after doing some tweaking, I came to this. does this look right. 

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/7948df27-c07c-4995-8cc7-2e36bf3c3c8b

when I do BiB it puts me just under 40% crit something like 39.64 crit and haste at 39.31

spirit shows 9949 which is slightly under the 10578 I currently have. 

http://wp.me/a1AfqC-3R - new optimized weights

http://wp.me/a1AfqC-3S  - optimized with current gear with new weigts

http://wp.me/a1AfqC-3Q - Best in Big with new weights

Edited by Jiujitsu

It has always been Haste (to breakpoint) > Crit.  It just depends which breakpoint you want to go for w/o sacrifcing a ton of crit.

The weights you put work for you, becasue you won't lose huge amounts of crit to reach the breakpoint.  So Mr. Robot will reach the breakpoint since there is room there.

http://forums.askmrrobot.com/index.php?topic=6647.msg38567#msg38567

When I load your profile you posted, I see a total score of 152212 for BiS, with 44.72% Crit. When I lock in the sword, I get 152209 with 45.16% Crit. So, the Crit is higher, yes, but the score is not. This indicates that you should change your weights if your desired result is max Crit.

Mr. Robot tries to find the highest score possible given the stat weights and constraints specified. If the highest score does not describe what you want, the problem is with the weights! Try changing your weight on Haste to 1.5. 

With the gear level you are looking at, you don't need Haste weighted above Crit in order to reach the desired soft cap

This is just a small example of how I learned this.

The reason I set the haste value higher than crit though is because that will work for everyone in general.  Its up to individuals to look at their gear specifically to see what they can try to do to maximize it and experiment.  Even if it means plugging random things into Mr. Robot.

I would go this one(i hope the link worked this time)

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/b6e6bb4f-93f5-413f-b237-4591726444fe

Spirit is negligible above 5100, i get mroe because i have som much on my gear but if i could go lower i would(unless it made mys haste/crit less optimised)

Dont forget that mr robot assumes raid buffed which is 5% more than ur character sheet will show.

Ignore the mastery change, it would be  a by product of the haste/crit reforges and whilst mastery scales terribly its still better than spirit.

Hitting the haste breakpoint without dropping below 40% raid buffed and without forgoing mass amounts of int is the best option imo.

I would go this one(i hope the link worked this time)

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/b6e6bb4f-93f5-413f-b237-4591726444fe

Spirit is negligible above 5100, i get mroe because i have som much on my gear but if i could go lower i would(unless it made mys haste/crit less optimised)

Dont forget that mr robot assumes raid buffed which is 5% more than ur character sheet will show.

Ignore the mastery change, it would be  a by product of the haste/crit reforges and whilst mastery scales terribly its still better than spirit.

Hitting the haste breakpoint without dropping below 40% raid buffed and without forgoing mass amounts of int is the best option imo.

Thanks this is a bit better than what I had tweaked, I will keep this template moving forward. Muchas Gracias

Imo 40% crit is a tad bit overkill. I'm atm forging for the 3rd BP (9k smth) and I'm barely over 30% crit raidbuffed, and if people don't go full retard I find the mana return more than sufficient for all fights I've done. I'm not HC raiding on the monk though, so can't speak for that aspect rly.

I'll probably be aiming to 35% raidbuffed for mana-insurance and switching to int gemming after that.

Its not only the mana tea that crit helps.

It also boost ur healing by critting more. At the higher levels of crit u start to crit alot and increase healing more than straight int gemming will.

• Like 1

Fair point. I'm still probably going to go for int at some point. While high crit does even out the RNG factor, its still there as opposed to int, which is more constant. It doesn't necessarily beat crit at any point, and I'm not trying to imply that. Its more personal preference as to how you push the numbers out than the highest numbers you can push out. (Yes, I'm an odd bird)

When Reglicth has a chance I'll get get his old post on int vs crit gemming.  He is the best theorycrafter I know of for mistweavers and brushing up on it before I say anything will probably be a good idea. lol

For now, the best I can remember is that mistweavers don't suffer from crit RNG as much as other healers becasue we have so many heals in small numbers going off at once.

Another good thing to note is the amplification trinkets and how it interacts with "crit heals".

Personally i am using 2 amplification trinkets so i am getting my crit chance of approx 42% raid buffed and then my crit heals are amplified by 18%. Int is dropping on my priority list even more now.

Hi,

ATM i am raiding 10m SoO heroic. We are still struggling with juggernaut, who i would like to kill, but it´s not what I wanted to talk about... When we first killed Galakras he dropped his staff in bonus roll and when I had the chance i immediatly replaced it with the sword of the shamans Arcweaver Spell Sword , which is (In my opinion) the best weapon there is in SoO. So far so good. Also when we killed the protectors in heroic they dropped their off hand weapon Purehearted Cricket Cage which I now wear. What´s my problem is, that yesterday Galakras dropped his staff again (in bonus roll or I wouldn´t have rolled on it in favor of our diszi)... Drakebinder Greatstaff

Now I am heavily struggling with equipping it because I too think that mastery, even with the 2t bonus is very useless and mostly overheal.

In my opinion, don't do it. There's much better options. The sword and oh you have are better. Hell, even the mastery /crit staff from sha is better.

You should treat mastery (and to an extent, spirit) as if those stats aren't even on the item because for a mistweaver, they might as well not be.