FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

[7.1.5] NIghthold - Warlock Tips and Tricks!

Much the same as past tiers, please post your tips and tricks and I shall add them ASAP! Since this is being posted pre-release of Nighthold there is some VERY general and VERY rough suggestions listed. However, I am listing these off of VERY limited testing during PTR and reviews of boss videos. DO NOT TAKE THESE AS THE RULE - these are merely ideas and a starting point for Normal NH for people to use tomorrow. 

All of these will be edited and updated as soon as I have completed a full run, so likely afternoonish of Wednesday 1/18/2017.

Skorpyron

Fight Type: Massive Multi-target, light movement

Difficulty: Normal - 2/10; Heroic - 2.5/10; Mythic - 3/10

Spec Recommendation: Destro/Aff

Demo Talent Recommendations: 3311132

Destro Talent Recommendations: 1312133

Aff Talent Recommendations: 3112113

Tips & Tricks:  Hit boss til it dies.  Seriously, this fight is a joke on normal and heroic.  Fire and Brimstone is nice but honestly, your raid probably has enough melee cleave to decimate shit.  Just don't die to the beam of doom or not hide behind crystals.  

Destro: Dump your Rifts, Chaos Bolts, and Lord of Flames when his shell breaks.  

Chronomatic Anomaly

Fight Type: ST w/ Multi-Target and Some Adds and LOTS of movement

Difficulty: Normal - 4/10; Heroic - 4/10; Mythic - 4.5/10

Spec Recommendation: Any

Demo Talent Recommendations: 3211122

Destro Talent Recommendations: 2313122

Aff Talent Recommendations: 3111113

Tips & Tricks: Add is not alive long enough in Normal/Heroic to make use of cleave talents like Wreak Havoc - focus boss and don't die.

Trilliax

Fight Type: ST w/ lots of movement

Difficulty: Normal - 3/10; Heroic - 3/10; Mythic - 4/10

Spec Recommendation: Aff

Destro Talent Recommendations: 1313121

Aff Talent Recommendations: 3111111

Tips & Tricks: 

Spellblade Aluriel

Fight Type: ST w/ Adds and light movement

Difficulty: Normal - 5/10; Heroic - 5/10; Mythic - 7/10

Demo Talent Recommendations: 3111131

Destro Talent Recommendations: 1311121

Aff Talent Recommendations: 3112113

Tips & Tricks: 

Destro: Fire and Brimstone is good if your group manages to gather the adds together.  Cataclysm if you prefer - I just prefer FnB.  Lord of Flames is great for the fire elementals on Heroic as it gives a bonus stun.  Would suggest Shadowfury for the same reason.  

Tichondrius

Fight Type: ST w/ light adds and light movement

Difficulty: Normal - 6/10; Heroic - 6/10; Mythic - Unknown

Demo Talent Recommendations: 3111122

Destro Talent Recommendations: 1312121

Aff Talent Recommendations: 3112111

Tips & Tricks: Pretty high DPS check - put your portal down to help people get out of a bad spot and away once they get the plague.

Destro: If you do the stack method, Fire and Brimstone is automatic cleave and is great at clearing bats in the shadow phase.  Use your Channeled Doomfire channels on the adds when they're pulled out unless your group has better cleave in which case you can just go ST tunnel on this guy.  

Krosus

Fight Type: Totally Pure ST w/ light movement

Difficulty:  Normal - 4/10; Heroic - 4/10; Mythic - 8/10

Spec Recommendation: Demo/Aff

Demo Talent Recommendations: 3211122

Destro Talent Recommendations: 1313122

Aff Talent Recommendations: 3111111

Tips & Tricks: Drop a Gateway before the fight starts to help people get some distance with the AoE bomb.  Once the bridge is broken once, there's less of a need to drop a new one as the distance a ranged member should have to run is much less. 

High Botanist Tel'arn

Fight Type: Multi-DoT Council Style Cleave w/ Some Low Burst HP adds.

Difficulty:  Normal - 6.5/10; Heroic - 6.5/10; Mythic - Unknown

Demo Talent Recommendations: 3111122

Destro Talent Recommendations: 1313121

Aff Talent Recommendations: 3113113

Tips & Tricks: 

Destro: Wreak Havoc is the BOMB here.  First phase is all about putting Havoc on one flower and nuking the other.  You should easily be top DPS on these flowers.  This is your niche in this fight - flowers are your bitches - own them.  When boss splits at 50%, keep Havoc on one and DPS the other as long as there are no flowers up.  Move Havoc to flowers EVERY TIME.  Trust me, someone in your raid won't hit the flowers and they will be a problem.  Take care of business.  Gateway is great for getting out of Defile 2.0.  Drop it from one side of the room to the other. 

Star Augur Etraeus

Fight Type: 95% Pure ST w/ Light Movement

Difficulty: Normal - 6.5/10; Heroic - 6.5/10; Mythic - Unknown

Destro Talent Recommendations: 1313121

Tips & Tricks: DON'T LOOK AT IT WHEN IT TELLS YOU TO!  It's like those damn trolls who are like "come get the voodoo" and "stay away from the voodoo!"  Just stay away from the void and touch it hard with your spells.

Grand Magistrix Elisande

Fight Type: Weird. Single Target w/ Add Burn

Difficulty: Normal - 6.5/10; Heroic - 7/10; Mythic - Unknown

Aff Talent Recommendations: 3111113

Tips & Tricks: This entire fight is learning how to position the bubbles so you can dodge the ring of orbs.  That's it.  If you don't have people dying, this fight is smooth sailing.  Really fun with the Haste buff!  Double dip by getting into it ASAP and then getting it right before it despawns.

Destro:  Wreak Havoc.  CRUSH the elementals.  DPS priority is Blue > Red >>>> Elisande.

Gul'dan

Fight Type: Single Target w/ Add Burn

Difficulty:  Normal - 6.5/10; Heroic - 7.5/10; Mythic - 11/10

Aff Talent Recommendations: 3111113

Tips & Tricks: 

Updated: 2/24/2017 12:30pm PST

• Like 1

For High botanist I'd recommend running WiA and AC as the fight can be quite messy and as the fight progresses through each phase I found I had less and less time to be able to channel DS while keeping UA up.

On 1/16/2017 at 6:12 PM, Lockybalboa said:

Much the same as past tiers, please post your tips and tricks and I shall add them ASAP! Since this is being posted pre-release of Nighthold there is some VERY general and VERY rough suggestions listed. However, I am listing these off of VERY limited testing during PTR and reviews of boss videos. DO NOT TAKE THESE AS THE RULE - these are merely ideas and a starting point for Normal NH for people to use tomorrow. 

All of these will be edited and updated as soon as I have completed a full run, so likely afternoonish of Wednesday 1/18/2017.

Skorpyron

Fight Type: Massive Multi-target, light movement

Difficulty: Normal - 2/10; Heroic - Unknown; Mythic - Unknown

Spec Recommendation: Destro/Aff

Demo Talent Recommendations: 3311121* Darkglare isn't a normal pick, I know. But the way the adds are set up HoG > Darkglare might be super good.

Destro Talent Recommendations: 2312*132 - Cata might be worth, F&B might work, what will be best is a little up in the air.

Aff Talent Recommendations: 3112111

Tips & Tricks: 

Chronomatic Anomaly

Fight Type: ST w/ Multi-Target and Some Adds and LOTS of movement

Difficulty: Normal - 4/10; Heroic - Unknown; Mythic - Unknown

Destro Talent Recommendations: 2313121

Tips & Tricks: 

Trilliax

Fight Type: ST w/ lots of movement

Difficulty: Normal - 4/10; Heroic - Unknown; Mythic - Unknown

Spec Recommendation: Aff

Tips & Tricks: 

Spellblade Aluriel

Fight Type: ST w/ Adds and light movement

Difficulty: Normal - 5/10; Heroic - Unknown; Mythic - Unknown

Destro Talent Recommendations: 2313121

Aff Talent Recommendations: 3111111 - Soul Harvest might be nice for some of the harder add phases but unless your raid is really hurting for damage, don't take it.

Tips & Tricks: 

Tichondrius

Fight Type: ST w/ light adds and light movement

Difficulty: Normal - 6.5/10; Heroic - Unknown; Mythic - Unknown

Tips & Tricks: 

Krosus

Fight Type: Totally Pure ST w/ light movement

Difficulty:  Normal - 4/10; Heroic - Unknown; Mythic - Unknown

Spec Recommendation: Demo/Aff

Destro Talent Recommendations: 2313122

Tips & Tricks: 

High Botanist Tel'arn

Fight Type: Multi-DoT Council Style Cleave w/ Some Low Burst HP adds.

Difficulty:  Normal - 6.5/10; Heroic - Unknown; Mythic - Unknown

Destro Talent Recommendations: 2313122

Tips & Tricks: 

Star Augur Etraeus

Fight Type: 95% Pure ST w/ Light Movement

Difficulty: 6.5/10

Destro Talent Recommendations: 2313121

Tips & Tricks: 

Grand Magistrix Elisande

Fight Type: 

Difficulty: 

Spec Recommendation:

Demo Talent Recommendations:

Destro Talent Recommendations: 

Aff Talent Recommendations: 

Tips & Tricks: 

Gul'dan

Fight Type: 

Difficulty: 

Spec Recommendation:

Demo Talent Recommendations:

Destro Talent Recommendations: 

Aff Talent Recommendations: 

Tips & Tricks: 

This is what the top Desto DPSers on Wowlogs are taking for each fight.

Skorpyron -  Back Draft - ELT - Shadowfury - Fire and Brim - Skin - Sac? - Wreck Havoc or Channel?

Chronomatic - Back Draft - ELT - Circle - Soul Harvest - Rush - Service - Channel Demon (maybe havoc?)

Trilliax - Back Draft - ELT - Circle - Soul harvest - Rush - Service - Channel Demon 

Spellblade - Back Draft - ELT (Maybe Erad?) - Circle - Cata or Fire - Skin - Service - Channel Demon

Tichondrius - Back Draft - ELT - Circle - Soul Harvest (maybe Fire or Cata?) - Service - Channel or Wreak Havoc

Star Augur - Back Draft - ELT - circle - Soul or Fire and Brim - Skin or Rush - Service - Channel or Havoc

Krosus - Back Draft - ELT - circle - Soul Harvest - Rush -service - Channel Demon

High Botanist - Back Draft - ELT - Circle - Soul - Rush - Service - Wreck Havoc

Grand Magistrix - ??? Back Draft - ELT - Whatever - Soul - skin - Serivice - Havoc

Gul'Dan - Back Draft - ELT - Circle - Soul - Skin - Service - Wreck Havoc (2 used Channel Demon)

What do you think?

About to pull Heroic Gul'dan, so I've seen everything as I'm 9/10H and 10/10N.  Here's a few tipperoskis....all tips are for Destruction which is all I'm doing because of limited outside of raid time (weapon is still only 45, others are 35 each)...

**Unless otherwise noted, ST build is assumed and includes Backdraft (RB if you have 4pc), ELT, Mortal Coil (seriously, the heal is nice), SH, your choice, Service, and Channeled Doomfire.

Skorp - hit boss til it dies.  Seriously, this fight is a joke on normal and heroic.  Fire and Brimstone is nice but honestly, your raid probably has enough melee cleave to decimate shit.  Just don't die to the beam of doom or not hide behind crystals.  Dump your Rifts, Chaos Bolts, and Lord of Flames when his shell breaks.  

Chromatic Anomaly - don't die.  Again, another joke fight.  Add isn't alive long enough in normal/heroic to justify Wreak Havoc.  Just don't get slowed.  It's bad news bears.  

Trilliax - If your group is coordinated, this fight is relatively simple.  You should be a low priority for far cakes as our mobility is...well, limited.  If you have derpers, take Burning Rush and nom some cakes.

Spellmage - Fire and Brimstone is good if your group manages to gather the adds together.  Cataclysm if you prefer - I just prefer FnB.  Lord of Flames is great for the fire elementals on Heroic as it gives a bonus stun.  Would suggest Shadowfury for the same reason.  

Tichondrius - if you do the stack method, Fire and Brimstone is automatic cleave and is great at clearing bats in the shadow phase.  Use your Channeled Doomfire channels on the adds when they're pulled out unless your group has better cleave in which case you can just go ST tunnel on this guy.  Pretty high DPS check - put your portal down to help people get out of a bad spot and away once they get the plague.

Krosus - Full ST - don't fall off the bridge.  Avenge Tirion.  Drop a Gateway before the fight starts to help people get some distance with the AoE bomb.  Once the bridge is broken once, there's less of a need to drop a new one as the distance a ranged member should have to run is much less.  

High Botanist - Wreak Havoc is the BOMB here.  First phase is all about putting Havoc on one flower and nuking the other.  You should easily be top DPS on these flowers.  This is your niche in this fight - flowers are your bitches - own them.  When boss splits at 50%, keep Havoc on one and DPS the other as long as there are no flowers up.  Move Havoc to flowers EVERY TIME.  Trust me, someone in your raid won't hit the flowers and they will be a problem.  Take care of business.  Gateway is great for getting out of Defile 2.0.  Drop it from one side of the room to the other. 

Star Augur - ST nuke.  Enjoy the scenery - it's really awesome.  Only phase you really have to watch for anything as a Warlock is Phase 2 with the Fel bullshit.  Just walk it off and deal with the DPS loss.  Once Phase 3 hits, just apply Havoc and hit the Void thingamjig.  DON'T LOOK AT IT WHEN IT TELLS YOU TO!  It's like those damn trolls who are like "come get the voodoo" and "stay away from the voodoo!"  Just stay away from the void and touch it hard with your spells.

Elisande - Wreak Havoc.  CRUSH the elementals.  DPS priority is Blue > Red >>>> Elisande.  Would recommend Burning Rush here to help soak bombs, particularly in Heroic.  The fight just adds some bullshit as it goes on - bombs in P2 and P3, Archimonde Beams v2.0 in Phase 2 (don't move if you get one! let others move away from you), and Phase 3 was pretty simple.  This entire fight is learning how to position the bubbles so you can dodge the ring of orbs.  That's it.  If you don't have people dying, this fight is smooth sailing.  Really fun with the Haste buff!  Double dip by getting into it ASAP and then getting it right before it despawns.  Just always have Havoc up on one target and nuke another.  

Gul'dan - haven't seen Heroic, but on Normal, Wreak Havoc has a lot of potential.  Lots of adds in P1 and P2.  This fight has a lot of mechanics - read up on it.  Warlocks are well suited to soak Souls out of the center, so have your UR ready to roll - maybe even Dark Pact if you use it.  

Will update more as things happen - these are my week 1 observations.

Can confirm for Gul'dan - use fucking Wreak Havoc.  Eyes, Empowered Eyes, Phase 1, Doomguard in Phase 2 - cleave all the things.

Heroic Gul'dan while it's fresh in my mind...

Phase 1 - Hit Gul'dan and apply Havoc to him when the Fel Lord comes out.  DPS the both of them.  When the Inquisitor comes out, put Havoc on the Fel Lord and begin DPS'ing the Inquisitor.  After the Inquisitor spawns, Gul'dan will use his big fire AoE attack - as soon as this hits, use your extra action button CD, drop your Infernals on all 3 of the big adds, keep Immolate up on all 3, keep Havoc on Fel Lord, and DPS the Inquisitor.  

Phase 2 - If your group lacks cleave, Fire and Brimstone for the eyes is nice, but probably not good enough to pass up Soul Harvest for Phase 3.  Keep Havoc on Gul'dan when his big Doomguards come out and pummel away.  In fact, I ignored the eyes and let other classes better suited to clearing them DPS them while I used my extra action button on 2 target burns on Gul'dan and the Doomguards.  Adjust to your raid comp as necessary.  When the Empowered Eye comes out, do your Havoc thing as a priority over the Doomguard.

Phase 3 - soak Souls when necessary via Unending Resolve and Dark Pact if talented.  Get up to 4-5 stacks and then do your Havoc thing to every single Empowered Eye.  This phase warrants Burning Rush if you are slow to react to mechanics, but it is not entirely necessary.  Mortal Coil is VERY nice in this phase for the cooldown of the heal that lines up with his Soul Harvest.  

TL;DR - Havoc things every time there is a 2nd target out.  

DPS gain is a DPS gain, but ya - Demo is meh, Destro is meh, Aff is boring but good. 4pc for all three specs are awesome, Aff's is just boring.

2 hours ago, Lockybalboa said:

DPS gain is a DPS gain, but ya - Demo is meh, Destro is meh, Aff is boring but good. 4pc for all three specs are awesome, Aff's is just boring.

What I meant was that AMR says to not use my 2 piece.   It's saying keep my old stuff.  

On 1/21/2017 at 8:48 PM, Twinkielock said:

What I meant was that AMR says to not use my 2 piece.   It's saying keep my old stuff.  

I would reserve these types of comments for a different thread than one intended to give encounter tips and tricks for Nighthold.  

Nice job on 1/10M, Locky!  I see you've chased Affliction - I will stay on the other side as Destruction.  As of last night, I think you were like #15-20 as Affliction and I had the #1 Destro spot on Skorp, but I was 150k behind you at 850k.  Love how that fight is dependent on how many times your teammates screw up and pull more skorps.

Destruction tips for Mythic Skorpyron

1.  Fire and Brimstone.  You always want to be pointed at the boss.   Don't worry when your magical Incinerates fly off on all the scorpions on the side - they will not pull.  Tested and confirmed.  It does look awesome to shoot out 30 Incinerates, though.  Backdraft probably helps you shitlord AoE pad while Roaring Blaze helps the most on boss DPS.  Do the right thing.

2.  Use your Burning Embers on Rain of Fire.  If RoF will hit AT LEAST 2 targets for full duration (highly likely), RoF is a better spend of your shards than Chaos Bolt.  RoF buff was pretty large and mathematically reduced the number of targets required to be hit to be effective with your shards.  If you're lucky like me and have Feretory, you'll be using RoF a LOT.  Rain of Fire usage and optimization is dependent on messing up by your teammates (because we know Warlocks don't get hit by Shockwave, right!)

3.  Open up with your standard shit, but don't drop a Chaos Bolt.  Make your way to where the first set of Scorpions come out and drop your Lord of Flames on them to help out with a stun and massive damage.  Top it off with Rain of Fire, and then start looking for his Focused Gaze.  You should open at 2M DPS+ but DPS on this fight ONLY MATTERS ON THE BOSS.  Seriously.  Numerically, this fight is highly misleading.  But if you want to at least look decent in the beginning, this is how you do it.  

4.  DO NOT GET HIT BY SHOCKWAVE OR FOCUSED GAZE.  There are two mechanics in this fight to pay attention to.  It's literally one of the simplest fights I've ever seen for a ranged DPS.  Here's your checklist:

• a.  Am I standing in front of the boss?  If yes, ask why you aren't playing a melee and move your ass.  If no, fantastic.
  • b.  Is the boss looking at me and charging a Focused Blast?  If yes, move your ass.  If no, continue pew pew.
  • c.  Is Shockwave coming up soon?  If yes, get near a crystal to be able to hide.  If no, that means a Focused Blast is coming soon.

That's it!  Seriously.  It's that simple for us.  If you get hit by shockwave, you are terrible.  Plain and simple.  Watch your timers and plan for where you will stand.  It gets a little tricky when the timers overlap - do not stack behind a crystal for Shockwave and get obliterated by Focused Gaze.  If you find yourself struggling for whatever reason, use your teleport talent to set a teleport up in a safe place.  FINISHING YOUR CAST ON THE BOSS AND GETTING HIT BY SHOCKWAVE IS NOT A MYTHIC RAIDER CALIBUR TYPE OF ACTION.  If Shockwave's timer disappears while his shell is broken, HE WILL DO SHOCKWAVE AFTER HIS SHELL BROKEN PHASE ENDS.  DO NOT GET HIT BY SHOCKWAVE.

5 minutes ago, Zagam said:

Nice job on 1/10M, Locky!  I see you've chased Affliction - I will stay on the other side as Destruction.  As of last night, I think you were like #15-20 as Affliction and I had the #1 Destro spot on Skorp, but I was 150k behind you at 850k.  Love how that fight is dependent on how many times your teammates screw up and pull more skorps.

Think you're looking at the wrong Lockybalboa, my guild raids Sun/Mon so we haven't even started mythic progression yet. Spent most of last week doing split runs, ended the week 8/10h on mains after doing 7/10n on two split runs and 5/10h on two split runs - not bad for 8 hour raid weeks. I am playing Aff though, but my Skorp parses suck - my computer poos itself when my guild does the cheese strat so I end up just kind of standing there half the fight.

Just now, Lockybalboa said:

Think you're looking at the wrong Lockybalboa, my guild raids Sun/Mon so we haven't even started mythic progression yet. Spent most of last week doing split runs, ended the week 8/10h on mains after doing 7/10n on two split runs and 5/10h on two split runs - not bad for 8 hour raid weeks. I am playing Aff though, but my Skorp parses suck - my computer poos itself when my guild does the cheese strat so I end up just kind of standing there half the fight.

Damn, rused by an imposter.  Yeah, a lot of our guildies were freaking out about the numbers and lag when the scorpions were popping.  My 1080 got brought down to about 30 FPS, but it was still fine - the fight actually broke a guildmate's computer.  

Well good luck when you do it.  

Mythic Tips & Tricks as Destruction so far (4/10M for me so far) - feel free to look at my logs by typing "Zagam" into Warcraftlogs.  I'm the one on Mal'ganis-US.  

Skorpyron - Backdraft, Fire & Brimstone, GoSac, Channel Doomfire

1.  Always be targeting the boss.  These talents allow for passive cleave to clean up adds while maintaining boss damage.  Time your Channel Doomfire for after Call Scorpions and use Conflagrate to super charge faster Fire and Brimstone Incinerates.  Go Sac is just icing on the cake any time you have some cleave.  

Chromatic Anomaly - Soul Harvest, GoServ, Channel Doomfire (SC if you have Feretory)

1.  Set your personal teleport half way between your starting point and the side you are assigned for quicker access to the big add.  Wreak Havoc is unnecessary because of how long the big add survives.  

2.  Fire and Brimstone can be taken if your group lacks burst cleave.  My group, for example, features lots of melee cleave and a beast Elemental Shaman, so I elect for Soul Harvest here and burst the big add and the boss and ignore the small adds outside of a Rain of Fire.

3.  Use your Infernal on the 4th set of adds because this is where your group can wipe.  If you get the boss to ~20% and the 4th add wave spawns, nuking them and then finishing the boss = win & loot.  Infernal stun and cleave on small adds when your group is at the end of the fight is more beneficial than a Doomguard on the execute phase of the boss.  If this boss is on farm and the adds are not an issue, use DG.

Trilliax - Single Target set up

1.  Eat cake.  Pretty simple.  Use your personal teleport to be able to return to a part of the room after Annihilation.  Drop a gateway from one half of the room to the other for your teammates to have faster access to cake.  Other than that, don't die.  Fight is relatively straight forward if people know that eating cake > personal DPS and soaking scrubbers > personal DPS.  My first kill was 330k DPS because I soaked about 6 scrubbers.  I think last night was like 540k because people in my group have gotten better.  Eat cake as fast as you can so your debuff wears off and you can eat more.  MOAR CAKE.

Krosus - Single Target set up (Burning Rush is REQUIRED)

1.  Gateway goes on the side of the bridge for allies to use when they get Orb of Destruction.  Drop it near the ranged stack group at the beginning of the fight as you will be standing here until he does Slam 6.

2.  Personal teleport goes about 30 yards behind you so that you can soak the puddles.  When Burning Pitch has about 6-7 seconds left, port back and run to the back.  NEVER LET ADDS SPAWN BEHIND YOU - always soak the back most puddles and DPS adds in bunches as you move back towards Krosus.

3.  Burning Rush is REQUIRED for those shitty times where RNG decides "hey, you - fuck you" and you get multiple Orbs of Destruction at terrible times.  Maximizing the distance the orb travels before detonating is the difference between wiping and not wiping.  If you get selected and your Gateway CD is still up, you MUST activate BR and GTFO.  No finishing your cast - otherwise, your group will be running back from a wipe.  

4.  DPS requirement is very high.  Soul Harvest use needs to be fully utilized on the boss, so do not use SH when Orb of Destruction is coming.  Using it on the pull is fine, but around the 2:00 mark when it comes up, Burning Pitch is close along with 2 Orbs.  Once you soak adds and deal with the Orb that happens simultaneously, you can pop Soul Harvest and get some DPS in.  Bridge is about to break, so be mindful of this.  You also could get that Orb, but sitting on SH really isn't an option because you need it again around the 4:30 mark.  Destruction lacks execute DPS, so your job is to use your 2nd potion and CDs to help get your Warriors and Shadow Priests into execute phase.  When Krosus does Smash 9 and you are on your last bridge, use your 2nd potion, Doomguard, and Soul Harvest.  All you have to contend with after he does Smash 9 is back to back beams (EZPZ), and then an Orb.  Unless you're picked by the Orb, you should be doing your maximum DPS possible before your CDs wear off.  Shortly after this, you must soak adds one more time - make sure Unending Resolve is available and soak as many as possible - at this point, it's a burn before you die phase.  My parse last night was around 630k DPS for a 6:03 fight - good luck!

regarding heroic botanist as destro.  do we keep doomguard out until he's split into 3, hard summon an infernal an leave it at that, or keep infernal out full time?

edit:  also, as a follow up, does a havoc'd shadowburn refund me two shards like it used to?  i'm thinking of trying a 3 1 3 3 1 1 1 build for heroic Bot (i just could not keep up as demo last night and my add damage was fucking horrifying)

Edited by Gravyspasm

Not sure why you're using Supremacy over Service.  Have Sephuz and using Infernal to proc it?  That'd be the only reason I'd see.  If you are using Supremacy there, Infernal becomes a slight upgrade on 3 targets only if it hits all 3 targets at the same time.  Be sure to proc your Lord of Flames at least once.

Don't ever use Shadowburn.  Use Backdraft if you don't want to use Roaring Blaze.  Shadowburn is pretty abysmal as a talent and really pulls damage from what you should be spending your Soul Shards on.  

Your add damage will be crap unless you are Destruction.  This fight necessitates Wreak Havoc as your niche role here as Destruction is not DPSing the bosses - other classes can do that.  You own those Lashers.  This is what Destruction brings to these fights - no class can compete with your sustained two target burst on Lashers every time they're up.