FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Law

Fury Warrior Help

Hey, Law here.  I'm a fury warrior on Zul'jin that is seeking any additional help reguarding my DPS.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Law/advanced

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jth8k4yidz4onoxs/analyze/dd/source/?s=2519&e=2769

I believe that logs link will allow you to see a handful of kills, although it is a direct link to damage on Heroic Jin'Rokh.  I can dig up more logs if needed.

Thanks for any help!

Hey Law, sorry for the late answer, but I was away for the weekend.

I only gave a quick look at your logs for now, but there are a few things I can see (they are all minor though, as you already seem to have a good understanding of how Fury Warriors work).

First of all, there should pretty much never be a reason to use Berserker Rage outside of CS. Make sure you're careful with this and save it for proccing RB when you don't have a charge available in CS or to force an Enrage during a CS in Execute phase.

Second, try, as much as possible, to use RB outside of CS only when it's about to fall off by itself or when you have 2 stacks of it.

Third, I would suggest you macro your engineering gloves to Bloodbath as they both share the same cooldown, and on that specific jinrohk kill you used your Synapse Springs twice outside of CS, which is non-optimal.

Looking a bit at other kills, try and watch your CD usage. You should always use them for a CS, and there are a few times where you used Skull Banner and Reck as CS was already underway or even already over. The same can be said for Bloodbath.

Finally, try and use those CDs on cooldown as much as you can. On the jinrohk kill you could've gotten 1 more Bloodbath/Springs use, and on Horridon you could've gotten 1 more Reck/Banner use and 3 more Bloodbath/Springs use.

These are all small adjustments though as you seem to already understand Fury Warriors :)

Hope this helps,

Rage

Basically I have my Dragon Roar, Bloodbath, Blood Fury (Orc Racial), and my Synapse Springs macro'd together.  I usually try to use the macro right before a CS so I can have Bloodbath rolling during the duration of the debuff.  I guess my biggest issue is just trying to manage my CDs to get the most out of them.

Also, why should I wait to use my RB when it is about to fall off or when I have 2 stacks?  Is it to make sure that I always have a RB stack going into a CS?

Thanks for the reply.

It's exactly that, yes. You want to be able to use 3 RB's for every CS you cast, so you want to save them for that as much as possible.

You have to get to that balance with RB of "never wasting a charge while using as many of those charges as possible inside of a CS".

Speaking of trying to use CDs as much as possible, I have Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan AssaultBrutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault and I try to Pop my CDs with it, but sometimes it can be up to 10 seconds late after it's ICD has worn off even from the pull at times (otracked using Tell Me When). Is it worth trying to save my CDs just for the trinket? Because by the end of a fight i think that I could have used Bloodbath 1 more time though the trinket gives a nice strength bonus

Hi. I have been playing hunter and almost 90 but im not enjoying it as much as I tbought I would. Id realky like to play fury warrior but im wondering for an inexpeiranced player looking to get into raiding would u recommend playing a fury warrior to start raiding for first time or should I play a less complex class until im used to how raids work?. If so I would appreciate any advice as to wot class or a link to guide for fury warrior or would arms be better to start think. Thanks

Edited by benfuller

Fury warrior, at lower gear levels, might feel really clunky and not be as enjoyable as with much better gear.

If you want to try warrior, I would suggest playing Arms at first and then switch to Fury as your gear goes up.

Arms is much less proc dependent than Fury so it should be easier to play for a player new to the class.

For either spec you can look at the official Icy-Veins guide, or you can look at Sajakain's guide or mine on the stickied topics on top of the warrior forums.

Ocouple more questions if possible. I been on ptr checking out arms warrior and it gives you heroic panda dungeon gear what kind of dps should I be pulling in that lvl of gear. Think ilvl each piece was 463 and I was pulling 35k while I know thats not good with bis and I have work to do to get rotation spot on Is 35k low even in that gear on a raiding dummy. I peaked at 42k on normal dummy and in bronze proving ground. Last question is in that gear I had 12 percent crit chance but icy viens says u should have 32 percent unbuffed I enchanted and gemmed and reforged everything to get both hit and expertise maxed out but there wasnt enough left to get more crit or is that 32 percent with bis gear

Edited by benfuller

OH damn sorry... I saw it when you posted it but I was heading to bed -- told myself I'd answer you the following morning and then I totally forgot about it >_>

Oops.

I'm going to assume you're speaking about arms there; It's hard for me to say "you should do x DPS at 463 ilvl" because it depends on a lot of factors. What buffs do you have, among other things. For your crit chance, make sure you enchant, gem and reforge your gear correctly (askmrrobot.com is a great way to do this) and be aware that you won't reach 32% crit until you reach higher item level (probably a bit above 500 or so). Your goal should be to cap hit/exp and then get whatever crit you can.

Last thing, especially if you're new to the class and spec, your rotation might not be optimal, and that may be what's causing you issues, but I can't really tell just from seeing your question. I say don't worry too much about it though for now. If you enjoy the class, take the time to level it up to 90 and then we can go ahead and look at how you can improve :)

Hope this helps,

Rage

Thanks for reply rage. Yeah I was reffering to arms I tried fury aswell on ptr and didnt enjoy as much as arms. I had followed the icy veins guide to gems and enchants and hit cap on expertise abd hit on ptr and I was also unbuffed aside from eating food. Im now leveling arms on live and lvl 61 and its really enjoyable expeirance.

I think its like you said my rotation isnt perfect and ill need more time than couple hours on ptr. I also since that day got a gaming mouse so I dont have to hover over my skills and click them.

Edited by benfuller