FORUMS
Damien

Control Shaman Deck List

Really my favorite deck, but will it die when the next expansion comes? No brann, no maelstrom, no lava shock, and i also guess tgt cards leave...? I'm literally gonna stop playing if control shaman is unplayable

7 hours ago, vatu said:

Really my favorite deck, but will it die when the next expansion comes? No brann, no maelstrom, no lava shock, and i also guess tgt cards leave...? I'm literally gonna stop playing if control shaman is unplayable

Maelstrom Portal stays. As for the viability of shaman, it's hard to say without knowing what the following expansion brings, sadly.

9 hours ago, vatu said:

I've seen Evolved Kobold and Lightning Storm used together, by Savjz actually, and it seemed like a good idea, which is like 4 to 5 damage, exactly like Elemental Destruction, for more mana and less overload, and it doesn't hurt your board, especially when it has Hallazeal the Ascended, its great.

Healing Wave will be gone, but two copies of Jinyu Waterspeaker is going to be enough for healing, and 3/6 is a good body on board. 

Don't forget, N'Zoth, the Corruptor is a powerful tool with cards like Cairne BloodhoofSylvanas Windrunner and Aya Blackpaw and shaman also has White Eyes, and even cards like Twilight Summoner. I believe these cards make a deck really powerful. Deck has healing, and enough AoE with Maelstrom Portal and Lightning Storm, which come early enough in the game. It will be powerful, with a little different playstyle maybe, no worries.

And then there is Devolve, which is like another AoE.

Today I picked up Hearthstone again for the first time in awhile, and Shaman has always been my favorite class (in all aspects of Warcraft) and control is my favorite Archetype from MTG.  This is an awesome blend of mid range (with the jade golem burst) and control! I have played against Aggro with this, and after some board control and huge heals, they concede. Well done sir! This and Totems are my 2 favs!!!!

The instructions on how to play Brann in this deck just made me sad, seeing as he is no longer part of the deck or standard :-( You should probably take those out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brokkr said:

The instructions on how to play Brann in this deck just made me sad, seeing as he is no longer part of the deck or standard :-( You should probably take those out.

Thank you for pointing this out, we'll be fixing this shortly!

2 hours ago, Hitchadaphilo said:

It still mentions using Lava Shock in the "Strategy" section. Just thought I'd let you know if you didn't already :)

Thanks! I passed this onto Pesty. This issue should be resolved soon.

Could you add some off-meta decks, such as Weasel Priest, Exodia Paladin or Recruit Shaman? They may not be strong enough, but do have some fun :)

18 minutes ago, asherpen said:

Could you add some off-meta decks, such as Weasel Priest, Exodia Paladin or Recruit Shaman? They may not be strong enough, but do have some fun :)

I would like to see that too but I doubt that will happen.

Icy Veins is providing information, decks etc to help players getting better and being able to climb the ladder. There is barely room to play something that is more fun until reach legend and at this point you are most likely a pro (or a jade druid player) and you don't need anymore help and you come up with your own decks for fun.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1