Sign in to follow this  
Ceodoc

Macro Help

Hi

Can I add the on use of this ring  Ring of Collapsing Futures  to these macros:

?

Ty in advance

• #showtooltip Shadow Word: Pain
  • /cast [harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettargettarget,harm,nodead]Shadow Word: Pain

• #showtooltip Penance
  • /cast [harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettargettarget,harm,nodead]Penance

• #showtooltip Smite
  • /cast [harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettargettarget,harm,nodead]Smite

instead of /cast you should use /use for items.

so in this case it should be something like

/use [harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettargettarget,harm,nodead]Ring of Collapsing Futures

I get the target and the target target but why go all the way up to 5 sub targets? is this not becoming confusing. I would personally have no idea what it would be casting it on i I'm targeting a friendly that is also targeting a friendly.

Anyhow, unless they somehow changed it it should work like this. I currently have no game time so I cannot test it. let me know if it works

• Like 1

I don't particularly mind. it just seems excessive to me, how often do you really need to cast something at the target of the target of the target of the target of your target?

I suggest cutting it to:

/use [harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead]Ring of Collapsing Futures

This would also give you more room to add features to the macro (like putting an allied cast in there by using [@target, help, nodead]) without hitting the 255 character limit.

It's not like the macro's you use won't work, because they will. it just seems to be doing more than necessary.