FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nakjorn

Heroic Horridon Help

Hi! I just had some specific questions about horridon on heroic. My guild is on progression on him and I am playing Destro and we are struggling some; I wanted to see what I could be doing better. Currently we have been getting to the 4th door (but the 3rd keeps taking a large toll on us). I am a little split between doing all out AOE on the fight and more focus dmg on the priority mobs (Wastewalkers, Venom Priests, Warlords, etc). Currently I've been FnB spamming spells onto the adds (and horridon) and using Havok on horridon for Shadowburn snipes. I think I could do better (for our progression, not padding numbers) by throwing havok on the priority add and shadowburn sniping him by aoe'ing down the smaller adds. Here is a link to our longest attempt last weeks raid: 

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4l29ni0e72d2hsvy/analyze/dd/source/?s=8162&e=8646

and my Armory if yall want:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Nakjorn/simple

I'm stat weighted towards affliction as I play it most now, but I like destro on this fight. I have extra hit from switching out UVLS (Aff) for WFC (Destro) and reforging a few pieces out of hit to get me as close to 15% without having to do a full regem and reforge for destro.

I'm throwing out almost 300+ FnB incinerates at the adds while other sources that I see on World of Logs do far less (this may be a guild dps thing, as my guilds dps increases I'll just throw out a lot less). Also I know for a dps gain I need to move my imp off of sitting on the Spirit Dino and have him attk the priority adds and switch every so often. I also see that my uptime on Immolate needs to be higher.

Long story short, I'd like some tips to help my guild and I through progression if there are any to give. Thank you all! :)

horridon is a real focus fire check. you can be a lot sloppier than you think if you just focus fire down the dinomancer the second he touches the floor and get that orb ASAP. have you tried using hero, pots and all burst cds on the first main add at the blue door? (the kind that make the orbs) if he dies before the dinomancer drops down you have one less guy making orbs. once you get horridon to smash door 3, you can have your paladin clear stacks on the horridon tank. this way the add tank that did door 3 can stay on the remaining adds the whole time. the adds that spawn the orbs hit very hard so if any get loose during a tank swap people can die suddenly. 

well thats probly a good strategy. other than that i think it helps to be pretty tight on position. keep horridon towards the door you were just at so the raid can be near the dinomancer when he drops, and once you interrupt the dinomancer's heal the group can move to the other side of the door where everything is fresh and clean. all the dps should work cleave into their rotation in place of filler because teh minor adds at each door need killing almost as much as the main adds.

if everyone is somewhat grouped, maybe 3 yards apart and move as a group you just need to do everything as fast as you can to get each door closed. if you look at the damage to the dinomancers in your log it looks like the tank is #1 by about double compared to all your dps. i think that should be a more even split if everyone is swapping when they should.

I moved your post to the Dungeons and Raids section as you're looking for raid strategies.

For Warlock specific tips, those are mentioned in this guide: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1594-t15-warlock-style-normal-heroic/

For group advice, it will always be prioritizing which adds need to die.  No DPS should be touching Horridon unless all adds are cleaned up.  Less add uptime = less environmental damage = higher uptime on Horridon.  Use World of Logs to monitor who is contributing to the adds and who isn't.  Find the ones that aren't, correct the issue, or replace.  This is an add fight through and through.