FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bro

I can't fire. :(

Would anyone mind taking a look at my logs and letting me know what I could be improving on?  I just rerolled mage to help the guild, still learning some things but I feel like I could be doing more.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9npme4vbulz7uzfw/details/23/

We wiped a bit on HTortos, and I was out some of the attempts.. but the easiest to look at would probably be council. 

Thanks <3

I am having issues (in general not this boss) but I will tell you some things that others have told me.

Make sure Invokers Energy is up 90%+ of the time for the 15% spell damage increase.

You are stacking a lot haste (you are at 6084, the soft cap is 5036 with the raid buff), reforge some to mastery or revert back to mastery.

Spread your combustion to the turtles when they come out, so try to combust on tutors whenever possible and then spread it with an inferno blast to the whirl turtles as they are underneath him. Doing this even though your single target DPS is taken away momentarily from the whirl turtles is greater because of the combustion ticks on all three.

Nether Tempest each turtle including Tortos.

Edited by AnthonyM

I am having issues (in general not this boss) but I will tell you some things that others have told me.

Make sure Invokers Energy is up 90%+ of the time for the 15% spell damage increase.

You are stacking a lot haste (you are at 6084, the soft cap is 5036 with the raid buff), reforge some to mastery or revert back to mastery.

Spread your combustion to the turtles when they come out, so try to combust on tutors whenever possible and then spread it with an inferno blast to the whirl turtles as they are underneath him. Doing this even though your single target DPS is taken away momentarily from the whirl turtles is greater because of the combustion ticks on all three.

Nether Tempest each turtle including Tortos.

Thanks for the quick response!! Invoker's Energy should be up more than 90%.. I've been pretty solid on that I think.  I have been stacking tons of haste after crit though, I'm reforging whatever crit I can but a lot of my gear has extra hit so it's reforging the hit to haste.  My crit is about 41% buffed up.  Maybe I need to get some mastery going.

I have been spreading my combustion to the turtles though.  I still have some timing issues on that but getting better. :D

Thanks for the quick response!! Invoker's Energy should be up more than 90%.. I've been pretty solid on that I think.  I have been stacking tons of haste after crit though, I'm reforging whatever crit I can but a lot of my gear has extra hit so it's reforging the hit to haste.  My crit is about 41% buffed up.  Maybe I need to get some mastery going.

I have been spreading my combustion to the turtles though.  I still have some timing issues on that but getting better. biggrin.png

According to the logs on Trotos it avg 61% on all of your pulls, I do see on Council that it is over 90%.

Crit is the main priority but stacking too much haste after the cap isn't benefiting you at all. I have noticed leaps in some of my combustions (biggest I have had so far was 190k and see 140k-170k at least once a fight) when I reforged the rest of the haste to mastery.

Use AskMrRobot and click edit weights and manually set the haste soft cap to 5036 or use the smart picker.

Edited by AnthonyM
  • Like 1

Didn't realize it was so bad on Tortos.. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

I'll reforge some haste... thank you sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any problems with my rotation that you're seeing?

To me, on council everything seems fine. smile.png

I don't really want to look at Tortos since you haven't killed it. Unkilled bosses can give very false results. 

Anyhow, Council looked pretty solid to me. The DPS could be better, but I believe it is due to fire's RNG in your case.

Rotation: Keep up invoker's energy and Nether tempest on all targets

and use the "heating up trick" whenever you can and combust sometimes with a high ignite.

if you did that, you did well.... biggrin.png