FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

*SUNDAY* Night Warlock Mumble w/Zagam!

Weekly Warlock Discussion and Jam Session Sundays from 7p-830p Eastern. 

Battletag: ckernan1287#1556.  Hit me with a request and I'll send you the Mumble info.

Going to be doing this again this Friday.  Going to see if I can get Gaddho in there with me. 

Also, tonight, streaming 13/13H ToT clear.  We finally got the raid clear down to one night.  twitch.tv/manamonster for Boomkin/Tree PoV, twitch.tv/lindroy for Mage PoV (and listen to him bitch about the Combustion nerf). 

I'm going to be working on getting my stream live in 5.4.  Going to need just a bit of a stronger video card for that.  For now, you can just watch a decent guild knock over ToT.

What are you going to be talking about?  Anything in particular?  Whatever comes up?  "So uhh, how 'bout those changes?"

I mean it's a Friday night man!!! FRIDAAAAYYYYY

There are far better Warlocks out there than me who post stuff.  I just like building more of a community here.  We can talk about 5.4, challenge modes, raiding, guild recruitment/management, or just shoot the shit about football or girls.  I can talk about anything. 

There are far better Warlocks out there than me who post stuff. 

What other reliable and active sources are there other than IV's warlock forums? EJ's warlock forums used to be great, but it's been kinda dead for a long while and without the few elitists and too many jerks...

I know all 3 specs well.  I'm heavily watching PTR changes while Gaddho and I discuss what is going to work itself out.  He's a Destruction fan while I'm not a fan of Destruction (I think it's too simple of a rotation that is made quirky with RoF uptime).  Destruction will get even easier without RoF, so we're waiting on the impending buffs to see where Destro stands.  Aff is solid and got a small buff.  However, they still have 13 days to make adjustments.  I'm a major fan of Demonology, but we'll see how that changes as well.

Thanks for the clarification. My battletag is also in that thread on the Official Forums, but I'll add you when I know for sure I'll be on Friday evening, if you have some time to chat about 5.3 Affliction, and some going into 5.4

I don't think talking about 5.3 content should be in the agenda.  5.3 will be over in 12ish days, and to most, it is over already.  Unless you're working on H Lei Shen or Ra-den in the next two weeks, your tier is likely over because H Lei Shen requires some real amount of attempts.  With that said, there's no point talking about 5.3, and all discussions should be based on the upcoming stuff.  Hopefully we have a couple more PTR iterations to talk about before Friday.

Aww man, I wish I never clicked on your raidbots percentiles link. now I know that I'm only in like the 50-75% percentile most of time when I'm tanking, and my DPS is utterly crap, except for Iron Qon, I can live with 63rd percentile for my offspec.

Sounds good. The latest PTR iteration included some significant damage compensation to Affliction. No real word on Destro or Demo yet. 

The changes were approximately 7-8%.  The effect will be compounded on multi-target fights.  Haunt was already buffed before this, so our DoTs will hit extremely hard with Haunt, which is a welcomed PvP change as well as a multi-target fight whereas right now, our DoTs hit for less than DK diseases without MG application.

Aww man, I wish I never clicked on your raidbots percentiles link. now I know that I'm only in like the 50-75% percentile most of time when I'm tanking, and my DPS is utterly crap, except for Iron Qon, I can live with 63rd percentile for my offspec.

Percentiles are a nice measure of how good someone is, but in this tier, it's also a measure of how lucky they got.  I haven't gotten a single upgrade in 6 weeks.  Now go back and look at my parses.  You'll see upwards of 50-60k DPS swings week to week with absolutely no playstyle or stat changes.  It's fun to say 'hey, I'm a 99th percentile normal mode Warlock and a 90-97th percentile heroic mode Warlock' but that has to be taken with a grain of salt.  It goes without saying that some of my best parses never got recorded because of wipes. 

This week, I had a 248k DPS parse on Twins right as the last phase began (Bloodlust, second pot, Doomguard still to come) and was having the best UVLS RNG I've ever seen.  I got a proc every time the other twin popped out, I had Imps coming out of every possible place, and I was getting UVLS procs to use with Soul Fire.  Of course, RNG kicks in and we don't get a 2nd Ice Crystal to calm Suen's damage down and we wipe.  Next pull?  No procs at all.  I finished at 175k.  THIS is why RPPM needs to GTFO.  We need more consistent procs so that player skill isn't measured incorrectly. (I went off on a tangent, but I used it to solidify my stance on why percentiles are interesting but not a real tell tale of how good someone is).

Errmmm US time?

For those of us who are in EU, etc, could you record the session maybe we can access is later? I'd love to hear what's been talked about.

Thanks!

PS: Gahhda, what happened to the EJ's warlock forums, are those guys still around and colaborating with simcraft?

I asked him last night, but he didn't confirm time.  I'll be on from 8-10 US unless someone requests a specific time.  You'll have to whisper me on my battle tag to snag the Mumble info, so if you haven't added me yet, do that and then send me a tell around 745.

ckernan1287#1556

I'm going to try and pop it as well, I'll shoot you a message when I get home tonight.  Love talking lock and have gotten a little behind on the ptr stuff the last few weeks.  (Mostly trinkets, gear, encounters info).  Would love to join in on some Warlock Nerding

I'm assuming since you're in WV that you mean EST?  If I remember, I'll pop in and add some jackass tomfoolery.... or just listen.  *shrug*

Yeah, EST.  Should give the West Coasters time to get home (although most, like myself, will be distracted with FF14)

Ooo!  Glad I'm not the only one trying it.  Not to derail your thread, but what are your thoughts on the game in general?  I was only briefly able to play it last beta phase.  I'll likely pick up with Arcanist this weekend, possibly going Scholar in the long-run.

I created my Arcanist this morning and then had to go to work (ugh, what a horrible, horrible decision).  Danielle doesn't get back from Italy until late tomorrow night, so I have all of tonight and all day Saturday to hammer out the new class.  Overall, I feel it's a pretty polished game with a ton of fun.  I've always been an FF fan, so the nostalgia and feel of a lot of the spells is awesome.  I had a blast leveling a Conjurist, and that should tell you something since I could only heal and cast Stone.  I'm going to be going the Summoner path. I only played about 5-6 hours during P3 beta, so I got to level 10 and said screw it because Conjurist is just not what I enjoyed.

Just play it and don't compare it to WoW.  I hate when people compare MMO's.  WoW has been out for years and has fine tuned things and continues to build on their initial thoughts while making adjustments to optimize play.  FF is brand new and does some things that are awesome and some that still need some growing, but that's how you do new games.  Blizz obviously feels that FF is a threat since they're releasing their patch the same day FF releases.  I think it's a privilege to be cockblocked by Blizzard for fear of them losing a share of their market.