FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

*SUNDAY* Night Warlock Mumble w/Zagam!

Haven't picked.  Planned on Gilgamesh, but as promised, it filled super fast.  I created my guy this morning, put him on Ultros, and left for work.  I'll likely recreate and go on Leviathan or somewhere else other friends are playing.  Likely Leviathan.  Name will be Zagam Tribal.

Yeah, it's been a bitch trying to stay in contact with my gal.  She's in Italy, so she's +6 hours for me.  I'm doing my dailies at 6p and she's going to bed.  I COULD be on around 530ish for EU people, but I didn't figure that would gather that many people.  I'll consider it in the future.  For reference, what part of EU are you from and how many hours ahead of NYC time are you?

He's probably 5 (Europe/Portugal) or 6 hours ahead.  It's a safe bet since that covers most of Europe.  The way Sifon comes off, I doubt he's on the Eastern edge.  It's an assumption, and mean no offense by it.

Well if Italy is +6, wouldn't Eastern Europe be more?  I've never been to Europe, so I'm going off of my geography memory (gets worse every day)

My timezone is GMT +2, afaik US times are between GMT -5 and GMT -10(alaska), that is at least 7 hour difference :( 

How did you guys manage to take a thread about mumble nerding and turn it into a discussion on time zones <_<

Because it affects when you would need to sign into Mumble for some people if they want to participate.  We've got some Europeans for sure!

• Like 1

Just got home...bought a SICK TV some dude was selling for way too little.  Grabbing some food...hit me up on battlenet for the mumble info!

Might do this every Friday, especially early in the tier.  Might grow significantly.  Had some good convo, and I think it's always awesome to hear from others!

Was a good talk (For what little I was there for) very nice hearing from other warlocks, more so warlocks that are better at math than I am.

I'll be there next Friday if you hold it again, and every Friday after that that I can make. 

• Like 1

Yeah I think it's good to build an ACTUAL community rather than people just typing and doing their own thing.  I've always enjoyed the social part of this site a lot more and I found theorycrafting to be very contagious!

Aww man can't believe I missed the nerd talk.  Zagam, if you plan to host another next friday or fridays there after I'd love to be apart of it.

-Shade

Hey now come on guys I'm a warrior and I was able to be there and eavesdrop on all the warlock stuff :)

(Though I'll admit that I love hearing about theorycrafting and optimization, so I actually had fun listening in. If you do it again, Zagam, I'll probably be there again, if that's cool with you.)

Everyone is always welcome.  Most of the 5.4 theorycrafting stuff is done, but this Friday's talk would be about thinking of strats on each boss and how each spec will be able to better perform.  Most of the tier bonuses, class changes, etc have been finalized.  Most of the guides will be updated this week to reflect that.

Everyone is always welcome.  Most of the 5.4 theorycrafting stuff is done, but this Friday's talk would be about thinking of strats on each boss and how each spec will be able to better perform.  Most of the tier bonuses, class changes, etc have been finalized.  Most of the guides will be updated this week to reflect that.

Please please, can you record the conversations (ala podcast) and make them available on the interwebs for those who can't attend the live chat? :)

Our convos are so scattered.  What I can do is start summarizing the information.  Gaddha was talking about LoL encounters/fights(I don't know, I don't play League) and I think our convo dipped off to how many douchebags were on Mal'Ganis.  I'll start recapping stuff each week.

I was planning on asking the people this Friday if they minded my streaming it, both for my own use and so my girlfriend could eavesdrop on us. If they're okay with it and I stream it I'll throw up a link after.

If you want to be the streamer, I'm fine with that.  We can go over everything we went over before plus any new topics.  I'm probably going to hold the 10p time strict with myself again since I have early access into FF14 and will want to spam the crap out of it that weekend before 5.4 launches.

Friday night Mumble is live tonight!  8p-10p Eastern sharp because I'm hitting up downtown in celebration of my long-distance relationship becoming a living together situation! 

Discussion Topics:

Destro - why it will be the inferior spec but still have its place on some fights

Demo - why the end of UVLS won't be as bad as we think

Affliction - why Aff will be the majority default spec for many, if not all of the fights

2pc Set Bonus

4pc Set Bonus

BiS Gear Profile (check it out before 8p tonight, it's updated on the Demo page)

Guide topics you'd like to see added

Miscellaneous

The Demonology guide is updated to 5.4.  I'll be working on Affliction and Destruction to get them up to par.  I haven't dived into either of them yet since they're still subject to change.  It all is subject to change, so I'm doing them piece by piece.  Join us tonight for some Mumble fun!  Even if you don't have anything to talk about or are not a Warlock (hi Rage), feel free to sit in and listen.