Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carsten

Fire guide

9 posts in this topic

Hey everyone !

I noticed 2 things that could be updated.

First thing would be to mention Mirror Image in the Cooldown section. I know it's obvious but here's why : when I dinged my mage, the only spells i put on my action bars were the spells listed in the guide. And I think that could happen to others, so a little sentence about Mirror Image would be a good idea I think Posted Image

Second thing : I noticed that in the statistics section, under 2.2.1 Soft Haste Cap, the values weren't the same when I tested them. Maybe i did it wrong but when a cast combustion on a boss dummy, hit capped with 15,00% haste I only get 11 ticks and not 12. I didn't test further to establish the exact value required. Tell me if I did something wrong !

Finally, I also have a question : is multidotting Living Bomb any good ? Is the dot damage too low to be worth it ?

Thank you for any opinions Posted Image

Hi Carsten,

That's very interesting! Let me check here though - you were checking against the displayed amount of Haste on your character sheet, correct? Rather than using a haste rating from the guide.

Stoove

Hi Stoove,

I think I found the problem ! The rating in the guide is 1494, whereas I obtained 15,00% with only 1492.

This is the actual math :

1492 haste rating = 11,651% haste (http://www.zalambar.com/warcraft_calculators/haste?level=85&rating=1492&haste=1)

11,651*1,03 (Netherwind Presence) = 12,001

12,001+3 (Netherwind Presence) = 15,00% haste

1494 haste rating = 11.667% haste (http://www.zalambar.com/warcraft_calculators/haste?level=85&rating=1494&haste=1)

11,667*1,03 = 12,017

12,017+3 = 15,02% haste

It seems to me that the actual haste required for the 12th tick of Combustion seems to be 15,02%.

I hope this is all correct !

1492 haste rating = 11,651% haste (http://www.zalambar....ng=1492&haste=1)

11,651*1,03 (Netherwind Presence) = 12,001

12,001+3 (Netherwind Presence) = 15,00% haste

Sorry, I don't understand why Netherwind Presence is applied twice in two different forms. Can you explain, please?

Frankly I don't understand myself. But I didn't find any other way of explaining the percentages obtained.

If you can come up with a more logical way of explaining I would love to read it ! :)

Thanks for the suggestion about spell_magic_lesserinvisibilty.jpgMirror Image, I included it in the guide ;)

Regarding the haste values, I need to point out where you are wrong in your calculations.

Haste is multiplicative, which means that you need to multiply all your sources of Haste together to obtain the final value.

For example, if you have 11.651% Haste from Haste Rating and 3% Haste from ability_mage_netherwindpresence.jpgNetherwind Presence, then you need to multiply 1.11651 and 1.03. You obtain 1.1500053, which means 15.00053% Haste.

Regarding the haste value, you need to reach 15.0086%, which is commonly reduced to 15%. As I am going to show you, it makes a small difference when it comes to calculating the Haste Rating you need.

If you want to reach exactly 15%, then you need to stack Haste Rating equivalent to 11.6505% (the rest is covered by Netherwind Presence 3/3). 128.05716 Haste Rating gives you 1% Haste, so you need 1491.9 Haste Rating (so 1492) to reach exactly 15%.

If you want to reach 15.0086%, then you need to stack Haste Rating equivalent to 11.6589% (the rest is covered by Netherwind Presence 3/3). 128.05716 Haste Rating gives you 1% Haste, so you need 1493.005 Haste Rating (so 1494) to reach 15.0086%.

Glad I could help regarding Mirror Image :)

Okay, thanks for the explanation of the haste mechanics. I now understand why my exact 15,00% didn't do the job, as i didn't have the 0,0086 for the 12th tick. I understand that 15,0086 is reduced to 15,00 (though the game engine makes a 15,01% of it) and I'll keep in mind the haste rating instead of the percentages.

In regards to the Living Bomb multidotting, any ideas ?

In regards to the Living Bomb multidotting, any ideas ?

I'll quote the guide on that one Posted Image

If there are 2 or more targets and they are far apart, keep ability_mage_livingbomb.jpgLiving Bomb up on 3 of them (including your main target) and proceed with your single target rotation on your main target.