Ultimatte

High Mastery or Hard Cap Haste

6 posts in this topic

Good Morning,

I have been trying to theorycraft the point hard cap haste outweighs high mastery.

I'm currently copying two druids who are in top end raiding guilds. One is hard cap haste the other is high mastery (3028 haste) build, both these druids are raiding 25man heroic content. 

I am raiding 10man heroic and i'm currently full mastery build. My gear is not currently capable of reaching hard cap haste but with two or three pieces (or 5.4 pieces) i'll easily be able to reach it.

So my question is, is it worth pushing for hard cap haste before 5.4? Would it be worth hard cap WHEN 5.4 is out? or Would it be more beneficial to get more mastery?

Character Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Ultimatte/advanced

Hard cap = 13,163. 37.52%.

Many thanks! 

Edited by Ultimatte

I think the hard haste cap would be better in 25's pre 5.4. Spamming Rejuv on multiple targets quickly really adds up. In 10 man I would favor mastery because of the more single target heals performed, as well as the lessened number of bodies to keep healthy.

Once 5.4 hits, I think you'll accrue the gear to get that hard cap and still have enough mastery to do fine in 10's, but I would still presume it's more of a 25m build and having intense mastery would suit you more as a 10 man raider.

How bout a medium? Isn't there a 6k breakpoint then mastery?

I was thinking of getting a happy medium for 5.4. The next viable haste cap would be 6,652 (wild growth 9th tick). And that'll still leave me with a decent amount of mastery while having the benefit of the extra haste for meta gem procs and ofc the wild growth extra tick.

I think it will depend more on play style of you and your fellow healer(s).

a you suppose to be the spike damage healer, or the efficient heal over time/top ppl off.  It is not always the best build is the best for YOUR raid comp. (like having 1 healer do one build and the other healer do a different build - and then each have different tasks)

Would say the first would be the mastery build, second would be haste.

Now not sure how Genesis (new 5.4 placing rejuv on crack) is going to affect this - as it can play with the haste caps actual effectiveness if you use it for every spike dmg. (can see it going either way, that the harder ticks are better, or that the extra tick will make a huge difference - need more than napkin math for that calculation.)

Another way for you to look at it would be this, is that extra tick or two really going to do more healing than stacking that 10k into mastery?

For 10m you might be better off sticking to 3043 or 6652 haste, then rest mastery.

If you want to play around with haste use SotF.

What role you are fulfilling will affect what you might do also. For tank healing with some raid then haste will be better for LB and WG. SotF and LB work pretty well together for tank healing too. Current SotF with base haste cap gives 15 extra ticks of LB and 7 extra to WG

Like with any class tho, to each there own smile.png, just do what works for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid Standard Deck
    • By Gidster
      Hey so I have starting Mythic progression and I just feel like I should be doing more DPS at my item level but I don't know if it is my Rotation or Stat priority.
      I'm looking at the logs and I feel like I should be doing more DPS in my current gear with is 874 with 22% Crit 29% Haste 46% Mastery 
    • By Archimage
      Druid Talent Macros:
      Restoration:
      /use [talent:1/1] Prosperity; [talent:1/2] Cenarion Ward; [talent:1/3] Abundance
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [talent:3/2] Cat Form; [talent:3/3] Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Tree of Life; [talent:5/3] Cultivation
      /use [talent:6/1] Spring Blossoms; [talent:6/2] Inner Peace; [talent:6/3] Germination
      /use [talent:7/1] Moment of Clarity; [talent:7/2] Stonebark; [talent:7/3] Flourish
      Guardian:
      /use [talent:1/1] Brambles; [talent:1/2] Bristling Fur; [talent:1/3] Blood Frenzy
      /use [talent:2/1] Guttural Roars; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:1,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:1,talent:3/2] Cat Form; Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc; [talent:5/3] Galactic Guardian
      /use [talent:6/1] Earthwarden; [talent:6/2] Guardian of Elune; [talent:6/3] Survival of the Fittest
      /use [talent:7/1] Rend and Tear; [talent:7/2] Lunar Beam; [talent:7/3] Pulverize
      Balance:
      /use [talent:1/1] Force of Nature; [talent:1/2] Warrior of Elune; [talent:1/3] Starlord
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:4, talent:3/1] Cat Form; [stance:4,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Moonkin Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune; [talent:5/3] Stellar Flare
      /use [talent:6/1] Shooting Stars; [talent:6/2] Astral Communion; [talent:6/3] Blessing of the Ancients
      /use [talent:7/1] Fury of Elune; [talent:7/2] Stellar Drift; [talent:7/3] Nature's Balance

Feral:
      /use [talent:1/1] Predator; [talent:1/2] Blood Scent; [talent:1/3] Lunar Inspiration
      /use [stance:2,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:2,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Cat Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: King of the Jungle; [talent:5/3] Savage Roar
      /use [talent:6/1] Sabertooth; [talent:6/2] Jagged Wounds; [talent:6/3] Elune's Guidance
      /use [talent:7/1] Brutal Slash; [talent:7/2] Bloodtalons; [talent:7/3] Moment of Clarity

General Focus Macros:
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Entangling Roots
    • By Sappora
      Methodical is in search of dedicated players that are looking to push content in a semi-hardcore environment. All of our raiders try to be on a first-name basis with each other. Our raids are very fun when it comes to farm and carries, however, we do clean up when it's time for progression. When it comes to raiding we do provide benefits, paid for by selling carries. 
      All-in-all we are looking for players willing to: consistently improve their performance, take responsibility, and synergize with a group of players. If this interests you, all of our info is below.
      Information:
      Guild: Methodical
      Creation: 2013
      Server: Bleeding Hollow
      Faction: Horde
      VoIP: Discord
      Raids:
      Raid Progression: 4/7 M EN 2/3 H ToV
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Benefits:
      Spirit Cauldrons
      Potion Program
      Extensive Raid Repairs
      Recruitment:
      The below are just current needs, we are accepting all exceptional players.
      Tanks: N/A, looking for OS tanks and subs.
      Ranged: Boomkin & Others , & looking for subs
      Melee: Open (Non-Leather), & looking for subs.
      Healers: Restoration Shaman, looking for subs.
      If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and our raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)

• By Tazinas
      So I've just changed my spec from elemental to enhancement which means I still have some crit chance in the sockets.
      My problem is that I think I'm not doing as much dps as I should with my current gear :
       http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dun-morogh/Tazînas/advanced
      Logs from the last raid :
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wFA1DCt68Q7PBZH4/#fight=1&type=damage-done

Would be nice if someone could tell me what I can do better / where to improve :)