FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Crixalis

Infinite Dust

Right now, I'm in the process of leveling my 76 mage with 415 tailoring and 385 enchanting, and so far, Enchanting has been the most troubling profession for me.

I followed what the comments said on Wowhead, but it's just a lot of pain if you really can't find the greens to D/E for, and the Infinite dusts go for 200g in stacks on my AH. And my paladin doesn't has the Northern Scavenging profession (the one which gives more frostweave on drop), so farming is the most troubling for me if I ever wanted to make them via tailoring and disenchanting them.

So I'm still figuring out what the best way is - I could probably haggle around on my mage, finding what I can, and then if I don't get it by the time I reach 85, then I might have go back and farming them again, which is time consuming. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I've just finished doing the same thing :)

I did find that was a particularly sticking point and there is a few ways to deal with it. One is to erm borrow money out the guild bank... but if you are feeling rather more honest you can farm as much as possible on your mage or if you want to fire through it a tad quicker run a bunch of intstances on an alt, send all of the gear (and cloth!!) that drops accross to your mage and d/e. I found doing that plus keeping an eye on the AH (there is always someone who doesn't check prices and just chucks things on there) to be the quickest way out of this bottle neck - only took a couple of days.

Good luck!

• Like 2

How about abyss crystals? They expensive? I run LK heroics with an enchanter friend and DE the epics from bosses. Then do abyssal shatter and voila, loads of dust :)

You pick up plenty of greens along the way as well

• Like 2

Hey there, if you like to try my method;

1) Questing at Northrend mostly at Icecrown+stormpeak with your mage. Reward from quest can be use to DE. Choose the highest ilvl items from quest reward. While questing you may get a few other green stuffs so it consider as extra reward.

2) Solo dungeon. If you Pally Ret spec have good gear, you can try solo normal POS/FOS. I have Proc pally 394 and have no problem solo heroic POS/FOS and usually get 7-10 green items(depend on luck..sometime more). It take around 30minutes++ for me to clear whole POS and FOS. If unable to solo POS/FOS, try normal UP/HOL/HOS/CoTS

POS-Pit of Saron | FOS- Forge of Soul | UP - Utgarde Pinnacle | HOL - Hall of Lightning | HOS - Hall of Stone | CoTS - Culling of the Stratholme

3) Queue specific dungeon that have along of humanoid with your mage. Ignore the RDF rewards. I recomment UP,Draktharon, Gundrak, HOS/HOL

4) Check AH and buy any green items ilvl 145-180 that below 10g or (insert your preferable amount here). Nowadays most people now longer buying this items because Cata green much better.

That all,

Sorry for my poor English

• Like 2

To add to what plus said I can solo them on me hunter... so I'm sure most classes would be able to!

• Like 1

Wow, a lot of good posts!

I've just finished doing the same thing Posted Image

I did find that was a particularly sticking point and there is a few ways to deal with it. One is to erm borrow money out the guild bank... but if you are feeling rather more honest you can farm as much as possible on your mage or if you want to fire through it a tad quicker run a bunch of intstances on an alt, send all of the gear (and cloth!!) that drops accross to your mage and d/e. I found doing that plus keeping an eye on the AH (there is always someone who doesn't check prices and just chucks things on there) to be the quickest way out of this bottle neck - only took a couple of days.

Good luck!

That's what I've been doing so far with my guildies, but it seems that greens rarely drop.

How about abyss crystals? They expensive? I run LK heroics with an enchanter friend and DE the epics from bosses. Then do abyssal shatter and voila, loads of dust Posted Image

You pick up plenty of greens along the way as well

That was my original idea, but I would rather be not fully dependant on someone because of dusts that might be hard to get at low Enchanting but otherwise trivial at high. I'll try that with another guildie, though.

Hey there, if you like to try my method;

1) Questing at Northrend mostly at Icecrown+stormpeak with your mage. Reward from quest can be use to DE. Choose the highest ilvl items from quest reward. While questing you may get a few other green stuffs so it consider as extra reward.

2) Solo dungeon. If you Pally Ret spec have good gear, you can try solo normal POS/FOS. I have Proc pally 394 and have no problem solo heroic POS/FOS and usually get 7-10 green items(depend on luck..sometime more). It take around 30minutes++ for me to clear whole POS and FOS. If unable to solo POS/FOS, try normal UP/HOL/HOS/CoTS

POS-Pit of Saron | FOS- Forge of Soul | UP - Utgarde Pinnacle | HOL - Hall of Lightning | HOS - Hall of Stone | CoTS - Culling of the Stratholme

3) Queue specific dungeon that have along of humanoid with your mage. Ignore the RDF rewards. I recomment UP,Draktharon, Gundrak, HOS/HOL

4) Check AH and buy any green items ilvl 145-180 that below 10g or (insert your preferable amount here). Nowadays most people now longer buying this items because Cata green much better.

That all,

Sorry for my poor English

#1: I plan to quest seriously when I get tailoring and enchanting up, but right now they're on my #1 of the priority list. Will do, though!

#2: Hmmm... I did recall they dropped some nice greens while soloing FoS on my paladin, will try that!

#3: The only problem is that there's competition, which makes it extremely harder to get that kind of rate. Have been doing that, though.

#4: I don't really intend to use AH, but I'll keep check anyway.

Thanks for the huge reply, and no, your English was totally understandable!

Back with new progress.

Of course, it was a HELL to level it to 425, but finally managed to do it with running through FoS/PoS/HoR with a total of 73 cloth and 6 greens/1 blue. Then my friend randomly spammed buying greens off AH and sent them to me, so that helped somewhat. And afterwards, I had the finishing touches with a guildie for abyssal shatters and managed got enough to finally skill up to 425.

Thanks to all once again for their helpful tips! :)

• Like 2

Now your 425 you can keep scanning the AH for cheap greens / abyss crystals and then use your newly earned skills to get more infinte dust to spam the AH with. @ 200g a stack you could make a killing ;)

• Like 1

I solved the same problem... i got 1 main and 9 alts... every boe dropped during leveling (1 to 85) has been sent to my enchanter. Every BoE created by other professions in leveling (from rings to pants) got the same sort. So, while leveling all the other professions, i got plenty materials to level enchanting, almost the most difficult of all professions. :)