FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cedrin

Evaluate my dps - feels low

My dps feels low some fights. I know it always depends on procs lining up but Im always pushing to maximize my dps. I posted some latest logs, specificly from Twins.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k2to39rkaugsg9xh/details/5/?s=1428&e=1857

Armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/fenris/Rauden/simple

I know I'm not close to perfect on any fight, and based on my 10 man I have various rolls which I change specs throughout a raid depending on what we need, like destro for lei shen for aoe support.

Thanks for any tips, suggestions, bitching, in advance. I'm just always trying to get better.

Destro on Lei Shen for AoE support?  The spec you're looking for here is Demonology.

Iron Qon - your DoT uptimes are ok.  You can bring them up.  I just don't feel like you're snapshotting your Wushoolay's proc.  Your average DoT tick is just really low.  You had 6 procs of Breath and 6 procs of Wushoolay's and I don't see any major damage spikes outside of 2 minute intervals indicative of Dark Soul. If you are snapshotting well, then it's just an issue of gear.

Twins - Agony uptime was perfect.  UA was not.  UA was missing about 30 seconds of the fight.  Remember, top priority is seeing Agony and UA up at all times.  Crappy Wush RNG.  Otherwise, 150k is fine.

Lei Shen - just to prove a point about you going Destro for AoE support...your Rogue and Mage beat you in Ball Lightning damage.  That wouldn't happen if you were Demo.  http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k2to39rkaugsg9xh/analyze/dd/source/?s=8102&e=8619&target=109

AoE support based on destro being better than my afflction AoE. I may switch destro out for demo though. As far as damage spikes, I'm pretty confident saying I don't really miss any snapshot opportunities. Some logs I can get that nice multi proc snapshot and its visible on the logs. Btw Lei Shen was brutal, spent more time on him in one night than all our other kills combined. I'll definitely squeeze a little more uptime out of my dots. Thanks for the help!

Do you have Lei Shen's trinket?  Pretty sure Zagam is assuming that you do, which is why he's recommending Demonology.

Even without Lei Shen's trinket, Demo > Destro for the AoE burst on Lei Shen.  He was justifying his choice and naming a reason and I voiced a better choice for the same reason.  Sustained DPS wasn't discussed, I don't believe.

Nope I don't have lei shen trinket. It's hasn't dropped in any of our kills. Last kill we got 2 drops that couldn't be used. Even if my aoe isn't great it was enough to push us over our first kill so I've stuck with destro there. Normally only play destro on a few fights. Maybe time to play demo more.

Does your group need a lot of help with the orb spawns?  If not it shouldn't matter too much.  I'd definitely recommend at least learning Demonology though, it should be pretty solid next tier.

This might have all been covered already, but as Affliction on Twins you should be aiming to toss out DoTs on to Suen during P1 whenever she pops up. It'll be up to you whether just double tapping corruption is all you need, or if SB:SSing a full suite of DoTs is worth it. That'll depend entirely on what buffs you've got rolling. Free damage is good, and getting at least a corruption rolling will give extra chances at shard procs leading to higher haunt uptime which leads to higher overall DPS.

During the burn phase it looks like you struggle to keep high DoT up-times on two targets. If you're going to take advantage of multi-dotting, you should aim to do it very well. It's something that can be practiced fairly easily using raid dummies. It can be difficult at first, but with some practice will become second nature. Next tier is going to be all about DoT management, not to say that any tier before hasn'thappy.png, so mastering these skills now is going to be a huge help later on.

Spend a raid night, assuming you're on farm, with the sole purpose of the night to hit 98%+ DoT uptimes on every fight. 98% up-times, and don't die to fire, two goals biggrin.png . You might do less DPS at first because the goal won't be to focus on empowerment, which is weird to recommend, but this is a short term training thing (if you're using Affdots, then dot empowerment is faceroll anyway). Nail down your up-times and then go back to worrying about empowerment the next raid. You could even do this in LFR, but I find that it's tough to focus and actually practice anything in an LFR nowadays. UA is a tough s.o.b. to keep up sometimes, but...ya, its gotta happen.

Yeah I didn't get much multi dots rolling this week on the twins. I normally make an effort to get something out there in the past. I've have some okay council kills with multi dotting each add. As for the help air adds , more times than not I've needed to help. Haven't been able to freely go crazy with dots on council until recently. I wasn't really thrilled with my performance last night. It gets frustrating seeing large swings in dps only due to proc rng. I'm pretty confident in my managing single target empowered dots for the most part. Usually will open with prepot, curse, darksoul, SB:SS , haunt, refresh with procs or wait a sec to refresh for pandemic.