FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hauntedd

Dps Simulations for 5.4(From Totem-Spot)

These sims are worthless, always have been. Fights aren't stand and pew pew, it's moving, cleaving, etc. Warlocks always pull much further ahead.

The day a RET pally beats me is the day I hang my staff up and call it a night.

• Like 1

Unholy is far from the bottom on live, and Assassination is one of the strongest period. Most likely the action lists are out of whack. Prot doing more damage than a Demo Lock or Shadow Priest without Vengeance?

These sims are worthless, always have been. Fights aren't stand and pew pew, it's moving, cleaving, etc. Warlocks always pull much further ahead.

The day a RET pally beats me is the day I hang my staff up and call it a night.

Ever run the sim in other than patchwerk mode?

Anyways, what version of simcraft was used on this analysis? because afaik, the latest simcraft is about 2 to 3 versions of PTR behind... and 2 PTR patches ago included lots of class changes.

Can you please include the URL you got this from?

I know people are eager to evaluate things with Simcraft, but you just can't do it yet.  And testing something on a single target basis is absolutely worthless.  The reason those Sims are just a neat picture is because of how the data was interpretted and spat back out.  They're STILL doing iterations on the PTR, so running Simcraft iterations right now isn't ideal.  Also, profiles change.  Demonology's profile included UVLS and Glyph of Everlasting Affliction.  Of COURSE the DPS would drop by keeping the same profile and adjusting.  I highly doubt these profiles were adjusted to include changes going into 5.4.  You can't keep one variable the same and make a 'conclusion' without considering all possible alternatives.

TL;DR: No.

Don't forget that these are unfinished numbers. They are doing there final damage tuning this week (and last week). I would suspect to see a few more small changes to those bottom classes and top classes. If it looks like that in two weeks...well...then...shit

a lot of numbers ive seen, in the few available log posts, look like people are under performing because they dont know the fights. i highly doubt it's the plan to have the patch drop and ppl are suddenly unable to clear content they previously had on farm. 

Watching Sparkuggz videos and watching him do 250k+ on most fights with his gear regulated at 520 says it all.  Simcraft does some things well, but it can never model expert players reacting to specific fight mechanics.

I'm still trying to figure out how sparkuggz's still destroying meters as demo without UVLS , does the scaling affect demo that much or does the stat prio change? O_o

He destroys meters because he's good and knows how to play.  Stats make such a small difference that even if he were to flip to different stats, he'd still rock out.  That's the whole point of everything I ever type in these forums.

It definitely helps that we overall didn't get impacted too hard with the patch, even excluding UVoLS.

If this guy loved Arms Warrior as much as he loved Demo Lock, then nobody would know this guy existed because you can only polish a turd so much with skill.

• Like 1

If this guy loved Arms Warrior as much as he loved Demo Lock, then nobody would know this guy existed because you can only polish a turd so much with skill.

RIP Arms Warrior: September 25, 2012 :(

He destroys meters because he's good and knows how to play.  Stats make such a small difference that even if he were to flip to different stats, he'd still rock out.  That's the whole point of everything I ever type in these forums.

I know that he destroys meters because he's good , but i didn't think demo would be still so good. expected it to plummet w/o UVLS

You know, it's funny. I play Feral quite a bit, and I decided for a lark to dust off my alt Nelf Druid that I had gotten to 90 and just basically sat in Stormwind ever since in greens and blues from 85-89 dungeons. I was doing 50-60k on dungeon bosses with no enchants (except Dancing Steel on my BoA spear), no reforging, no maxed professions, DPS neutral race.. just as a result of my fluency with the class and playing my heart out. How many more Ferals would there be if they could all do that?

Anyway.. I digress. But there's no doubt.. if you compare two players, and one has much more thoroughly mastered the same class, it'll be a much bigger divergence than equally good players who have mastered different classes.

The live simc profiles aren't even updated for warlocks...my local demo profile is sitting at 287k dps right now on live servers. I haven't actually updated profiles outside of local ones in probably two months I'd say.

Edited by gahhda

Spark also has had full BiS since a month into the tier lol :3, some of us that aren't in 25s are still sitting at 547 :<.