FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Guides for Hearthstone on Icy Veins

Hello everyone,

We're going to cover Hearthstone on Icy Veins. We will do that as seriously as our class or raid guides. The only thing is that we're complete noobs when it comes to games like that. I'm confident that we'll improve in a very short time, but it would help us if you could give us ideas regarding the type of guides that people will need for that game smile.png

Definitely need to add tooltips for cards from HearthPwn or a site like that.  Probably have a detailed guide of what each ability does (battlecry, taunt death rattle, etc).  Maybe buy a book based on Magic the Gathering and learn how they explain strategy to make it easier to write.

Then there is the class specific guides where you can explain the different niches of each class (based on their class-specific cards) or how to properly use their hero power.

I think one very useful thing to make a guide for would be deck archetypes. In Magic: The Gathering (MTG) deckbuilding is one of the biggest challenges, and maybe having a better understanding of how different archetypes work in Hearthstone would allow people to build better decks.

The three archetypes that spring to mind are;

Aggro (highly focused on swarming the enemy very fast with lots of minions or very big minions)

Control (focused on preventing the opponent from executing their plans by removing/pacifying minions)

Combo (focused entirely around one or a very few card interactions)

From the livestreams, it already looks like Mage and Shaman have a strong benefit to Control. I've seen reckful playing an insane combo deck with Warlock, and it looks like Priest might suit that too (I'm looking at you, Lightspawn!) So in each class guide it could be interesting to talk about which archetypes the class lends itself to well and some common combos.

Also note that there are some MASSIVE differences in the way MTG and Hearthstone turns play out. Hearthstone is a lot simpler in many respects, meaning that there are less permutations of action timing. That could be significant.

I'll soon add links from HearthPwn, just after 5.4.

Buying a MTG book is actually a great idea, just so I can check how it's structured tongue.png

Just thought I would say that the recent hearthstone guides are great. A good read for someone like myself who has played card games before and has had some experience of hearthstone, but no doubt invaluable to players who are just starting out.

Top stuff!

That reminds me I need to write a news about that tongue.png Oh well, Vlad is in the train, on his way to Paris, so I'll just text him and ask him to do it in the train, as I'm sure he'll be crazily bored tongue.png