FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Immerseus

hey, i never done this fight on ptr or anything, and only quickly seen the video and the BL part.

Would it be a good decision if you use BL at the end of the boss his 1st life, so you allso have some seconds of BL on the adds and might kill/heal them quicker?

that is however if i understood it correctly and the more adds healed/killed the next time the boss appears his hp or curruption lvl is lower?

hey, i never done this fight on ptr or anything, and only quickly seen the video and the BL part.

Would it be a good decision if you use BL at the end of the boss his 1st life, so you allso have some seconds of BL on the adds and might kill/heal them quicker?

that is however if i understood it correctly and the more adds healed/killed the next time the boss appears his hp or curruption lvl is lower?

It take a few seconds for the adds to spawn, so I'm afraid that you would lose some Bloodlust uptime, if you were to do as you suggest.

As Damien said, there are maybe 5 full seconds of downtime from when the boss disappears until the adds appear, if not more, so it would be a bit of a waste.

Dont you think that is better to use Bloodlust after the split phase starts ?
I think killing the adds with lust at start is the way to go, at least according with the fact mentioned about the quantity of adds that are hostile being less at each phase.
So maybe bursting at start of the split phase is better, yes?
(Just my thoughts)

was also thinking about using BL for the first split, as that lowers the % for the rest of the fight...

guess it all depends on if your raid can do the split phase w/o letting any (many) adds through then there is no point in using BL then.

This is probably also another fight were you bring the class, and not the player.  as Hybrid dps probably do very well here.

1)

are the healable adds targeted/healed by aoe/smart heals? such as wild growth, healing rain, divine hymn?

2)

can the adds be a) gripped by DK's b) knocked by typoon c) slowed ?   (just read about stun and rooted)

I am just thinking in 25 man with change to druid Mass entanglement not having a 5 target cap anymore - having half the room Gripped by dk(s), and then having 2-3 druids root them all on rotation - thus allowing ~20 players to deal with half the room first, and then the other half.

Dont you think that is better to use Bloodlust after the split phase starts ?

I think killing the adds with lust at start is the way to go, at least according with the fact mentioned about the quantity of adds that are hostile being less at each phase.

So maybe bursting at start of the split phase is better, yes?

(Just my thoughts)

I think we'll need to see how it works out in practice, but I believe that the extremely low health of the split phase adds will mean that you'll do way too much target switching for Bloodlust to be efficient.

was also thinking about using BL for the first split, as that lowers the % for the rest of the fight...

guess it all depends on if your raid can do the split phase w/o letting any (many) adds through then there is no point in using BL then.

This is probably also another fight were you bring the class, and not the player.  as Hybrid dps probably do very well here.

1)

are the healable adds targeted/healed by aoe/smart heals? such as wild growth, healing rain, divine hymn?

2)

can the adds be a) gripped by DK's cool.png knocked by typoon c) slowed ?   (just read about stun and rooted)

I am just thinking in 25 man with change to druid Mass entanglement not having a 5 target cap anymore - having half the room Gripped by dk(s), and then having 2-3 druids root them all on rotation - thus allowing ~20 players to deal with half the room first, and then the other half.

1) I don't know, I'll look into it but my strong guess is that they are not healed by things like Wild Growth.

2) Again, I don't know, I'll look into it. Rooting certainly worked :)

Deathgrip does work on the (black) adds as well as the glyphed Death and Decay slow, most other knockbacks will also work.

Wasn't able to test Gorefiend's Grasp, but its use seems limited due to the spread of the adds

Edited by Farnion
  • Like 1

Guest Ocean

hi guys,

would you mind telling me what interface addons are being used here?

Really like to try it out rolleyes.gif

Guest senorpapel

I am curious to see if it is possible to one tank this fight, given the possibility of the pally bubble macro and length of the split phase, combined with how short each immerseus phase is. Though if the debuff is not boppable then it won't work.  Any thoughts?

I am curious to see if it is possible to one tank this fight, given the possibility of the pally bubble macro and length of the split phase, combined with how short each immerseus phase is. Though if the debuff is not boppable then it won't work.  Any thoughts?

I read somewhere that most tank de-buffs this tier are 'un-boppable'.

In the dungeon journal on Wowhead there is an ability called Swelling Corruption. I noticed it is not mentioned in the guide. Is this something that happens to the boss when he splits into the adds for p2?

ej-heroic.pngej-important.pngSwelling Corruption – Immerseus surges with power, gaining stacks of Swelling Corruption proportional to his current Corruption level. This power lashes out at players who strike Immerseus with single target abilities, coalescing into a Congealed Sha creature as well as inflicting Sha Corruption upon the attacker, which deals at least 2500 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 6 sec, increasing in damage rapidly with each additional stack.

I read somewhere that most tank de-buffs this tier are 'un-boppable'.

In the dungeon journal on Wowhead there is an ability called Swelling Corruption. I noticed it is not mentioned in the guide. Is this something that happens to the boss when he splits into the adds for p2?

ej-heroic.pngej-important.pngSwelling Corruption – Immerseus surges with power, gaining stacks of Swelling Corruption proportional to his current Corruption level. This power lashes out at players who strike Immerseus with single target abilities, coalescing into a Congealed Sha creature as well as inflicting Sha Corruption upon the attacker, which deals at least 2500 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 6 sec, increasing in damage rapidly with each additional stack.

This is a heroic only ability (as is indicated by the skull) and therefore not covered in the guide as of yet. The heroic mode guides for the new bosses will be available after more testing and a good strategy has been found.

Guest Nina

On the PTR streams I saw, Corrosive Blast always went clockwise.  If that's the case, it might be best to keep the Corrosive Blast quadrant clear during the regular phase, and put up a warlock gate to get the raid members to the right place during the adds phase.  This would give you more stand-still dps time before and after Blasts.  Did anyone experience a Corrosive Blast in the other direction? 

If he does go either direction, does he telegraph his turn direction in any way?

Killed last night on live in 10 man in one try.  Glorified trash mob.  Kill bad slimes, heal good slimes, avoid void zones, DPS boss. 

I think Immerseus could be solo'd by a bunch of classes really soon.  I'm not even sure our healers were awake during that fight.

We pretty much 1 healed it. Disc priest HPally and our priest only used atonement the whole fight as there was basically nothing to heal.

Small input for 10man. It was a quite underwhelming fight,easily 1 shottable. I would make a suggesstion, due to the fact that the DPS check is not that high, and the adds go down quite fast. It is better to 3 heal it, due to the fact that there will be A LOT of friendly globules near the end. In my quadrant, on the very last add phase, I had no adds to kill, so i had to offspec heal around 5 of them.

Small input for 10man. It was a quite underwhelming fight,easily 1 shottable. I would make a suggesstion, due to the fact that the DPS check is not that high, and the adds go down quite fast. It is better to 3 heal it, due to the fact that there will be A LOT of friendly globules near the end. In my quadrant, on the very last add phase, I had no adds to kill, so i had to offspec heal around 5 of them.

I would completely agree. My guild went into this boss hoping for a bit of a challenge to welcome us to SoO and well at one point I went AFK to get a drink, the fight itself is possible the easiest boss I have ever come across. 1 shotted the boss with ease.

Taking 3 healers makes the fight a lot easier. 

Well, um, that is disappointing to read... but not because he is so easy.  I went with a flex raid of 12 and we wiped every time.  Several times due to the enrage timer, several more to people dying for silly reasons.  I'm pretty sure the dps was sufficient.  But we were obviously doing something wrong.  I'm guessing it was mostly to not killing enough blobs in the second phase.  And that thing about people dying for silly reasons...

The only way to die to Immerseus is to stand in the water or stand in void zones.  If people are wiping all night to those VERY simple mechanics, perhaps Flex isn't the place for them.

HEROIC IMMERSEUS - 10 MAN

PHASE 1 - At the start of the fight, you'll pew pew the boss.  Make sure you do NOT stand in the void zones.  They hurt MUCH more than in normal mode.  Everyone will be clumped on one platform except your MT who will be over one platform.

Swollen Pride   — Immerseus swells with Sha corruption, gaining stacks of Swollen Pride proportional to his current Corruption level. Players who strike Immerseus will suffer the touch of Sha corruption, forming a Deflated Pride creature and gaining an application of Swelling Pride, which deals at least 2,500 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 10 sec, increasing in damage rapidly with each additional stack.

Deflated Pride  — Attacking Immerseus while Swollen Pride is active spawns a Deflated Pride.

Basically, the way you handle this is Immerseus will cast Corrosive Blast and acquire 50 stacks of Swollen Pride.  Each DIRECT HIT anyone lands will remove one stack and put one stack on the player stacking very quickly.  So let's say you have 6 DPS, 2 healers, and 2 tanks.  If all of them land 2 hits on Immerseus, they will all get 2 stacks and Immerseus will be left with 30.  On top of the new raid damage going out, a small add, the Deflated Pride, will be summoned.  These must be gathered by the tanks and AoE'd down.  The stacking debuff on raid members from hitting Immerseus resets every 6 seconds.  Think Unchained Magic debuff on Sindragosa.  Basically cast two spells, wait 6 seconds, then cast two more.  You really don't want your stacks to get above 2 or the damage gets unreal.  In between waiting for your debuff to wear off, DPS adds.  You want all 50 of his stacks to go away before you deplete his HP.

The first Phase 1, he has 50 stacks of Swollen Pride.  The second Phase 1, he had about 30.  3rd Phase 1 he had about 15 and the final Phase 1 he had about 5.  The thing to remember is that after you deplete his Swollen Pride stacks, he will regain them in about one minute, so you MUST have the DPS to push him to 0 HP before he regains stacks or you'll be in a world of trouble.  I recommend using Bloodlust on the SECOND Phase 1.

You'll continue repeating this every single time until he runs out of Corruption and HP.  As the fight goes on, Phase 1 gets shorter and shorter and gives you less to deal with thus lessening the difficulty.  This fight is extremely front loaded, so if you can get through 2 Phase 1's, you should be golden.

MAJOR DAMAGE DEALING CONCERNS:

Swollen Pride debuff - don't let this get over 2.  Once the boss casts Corrosive Blast, control the damage you take by getting 2 stacks, letting it drop, then getting 2 more.

Swirl - This is almost identical to the Tornado Wall that Al'Akir spawned.  There will be an opening in the wave you should find and stand in so that it doesn't hit you.  For us, that opening was almost always at the very front of the platform and the very back of the platform.

Void Zones - these spawn fast, deal a lot of damage, and wreck your placement.  Don't finish your casts in one of these...get out ASAP.

PHASE 2 - Splitting is unchanged.  The adds are still easily killable and healable.  It is of particular note for healers to be standing near one when it is topped off to gain 25% of their maximum mana back and receive a healing buff for a short period of time.  Simply spread out during this phase to kill and heal as many adds as possible.

http://www.twitch.tv/manamonster/c/2951893 <-- Kill video for 10 man

Guest Xidus

A couple of observations from my guild's take on Heroic mode, using Zagam's tactic as basis.

1. Stacking the raid in tight groups is a good way to minimize the void zones coverage. Putting the entire raid in one spot is risky, but you can assign several smaller groups. Also, the order doesn't have to be maintained till the very end of Phase 1, but if you can stack up for at least 3 rounds of void zones, you'll free up a considerable amount of space. You have some time to run away from the zone immediately after it spawns, so it's not as dangerous as it sounds.

2. Swelling Pride is dispellable and mass-dispellable. Having a mass dispel gives a huge advantage in this fight. We found that through dispelling it was easier to burn through all initial Swollen Pride stacks at once. About 40% through the initial burning, our priest mass-dispelled the dot from the raid (another good reason to stack up), while other healers dispelled those who couldn't stack up, 80% through the individual dispels arrived again, aided by self-dispel abilities certain classes have. This allows you to spawn all the adds quickly, enabling you to efficiently nuke them down all at once.

3. Swirl is a huge problem. If the spout hits the tank with Corrosive Blast, it practically one-shots that tank. The raid damage it deals is also insane. Pray that it doesn't pass through your raid, and if it does, use individual and raid-wide defensive cooldowns (you probably won't need them anywhere else).

4. It should also be noted that there IS a change in the Split phase - if the Sha pool (in the center of the room) is left unattended, it will grow, making it much easier for the puddles to reach it. Furthermore, if a puddle does reach the pool, it will grow rapidly, likely consuming another puddle immediately and starting a chain reaction of growth and consummation. Because this means many puddles will explode at once, it will likely lead to a wipe because of major raid-wide damage. We decided to assign one tank to stand in the pool to keep its growth in check. Keep in mind that it will impair that tank's ability to assist the raid with the puddles.