FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Norushen

Does anyone know if the adds in the Healer test phase appear on your raid bars?

They do.

Guest Vigon

When the boss reaches 40% of its health, the ability Draw , is it a one-off thing? or the boss will periodically cast it? coz it will be very problematic when raid members have to soak void zones at the end and the Corruption keeps getting high.

Guest Grui -Earthen-Ring

They do.

They do? I did Flex raid and didn't notice this. Thank you. I believe that this will make this much easier for my pally. I was having serious issues with my cleansing not going off properly for the healer test.

When the boss reaches 40% of its health, the ability Draw , is it a one-off thing? or the boss will periodically cast it? coz it will be very problematic when raid members have to soak void zones at the end and the Corruption keeps getting high.

Only happened once to us in Flex; however, this happened at 32-30%, not 40%. I believe 40% is a typo.

It was a one time thing, but as the poster below pointed out, it's being removed from the fight for live.

The Draw ability will be removed on live:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9753945579?page=2#35

Thanks! Editing the guide accordingly now.

They do? I did Flex raid and didn't notice this. Thank you. I believe that this will make this much easier for my pally. I was having serious issues with my cleansing not going off properly for the healer test.

Only happened once to us in Flex; however, this happened at 32-30%, not 40%. I believe 40% is a typo.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that they do. At least, when using ElvUI.

Looks to be an error regarding Unleashed Anger. The wowdb states it deals 280k in 10-man normal and yet has the LFR scaled at 300k.

Looks to be an error regarding Unleashed Anger. The wowdb states it deals 280k in 10-man normal and yet has the LFR scaled at 300k.

Maybe the values aren't final and Blizzard are still adjusting them.

Guest Madar

I don't get the purify numbers. Tactic say at 40% should everyone be below 75% corruption - it's mean everyone purified at least once, but tactic send tanks with every orb. With 7 min enrage timer, i imagine 5 min above 40%, and 2 min burning, it's around 5-6 tank purify, and should be 8 (everyone else once other than the tanks) purify in 5 minutes, so a dps\healer have 40 sec to finish the purify to finish the chain? If the tanks on fix 60 sec purify, but healer is on faster rotation, not worth to soak by healers and send them purify more often?

Guest Miatog

Anyone know if there's still just 2 orbs to start to solo section in 25 man? That doesn't seem like nearly enough, I'm hoping for 4-6 myself...

I don't get the purify numbers. Tactic say at 40% should everyone be below 75% corruption - it's mean everyone purified at least once, but tactic send tanks with every orb. With 7 min enrage timer, i imagine 5 min above 40%, and 2 min burning, it's around 5-6 tank purify, and should be 8 (everyone else once other than the tanks) purify in 5 minutes, so a dps\healer have 40 sec to finish the purify to finish the chain? If the tanks on fix 60 sec purify, but healer is on faster rotation, not worth to soak by healers and send them purify more often?

The section in the guide out of date. There was a mechanic in place at 40% which was removed.

For reference, I'm talking about this section:

• When the boss reaches 40% health, you must make sure that no players have 75 or more Corruption, and that no players ever reach 75 or more Corruption from that moment until the end of the fight.

The section in the guide out of date. There was a mechanic in place at 40% which was removed.

For reference, I'm talking about this section:

Thank you for pointing this out. I've removed that mention (and another one)!

Killed last night in 10 man normal with 1 wipe.  We didn't send in healers.  Sent in 1 tank and our Mage.  Next sent in was other tank and Elemental Shaman.  Third was Destruction Warlock and Tank 1.  4th was Tank 2 and Hunter.

Our wipe was from not stopping the adds from buffing the boss which killed the tank.  We also let the Corruption AoE happen a lot.  That resulted in a 2% wipe.  Next attempt was seamless. 

For Test of Serenity (DPS), the big add has only 800k.  The smaller adds have 400k.  It is to note that the big add should be focused down immediately as it is the only threat in the room.  He does a large conal attack, so gain some distance.  He is stunnable.  Once he is down, focus on the small adds.  They will put up a shield much like the adds on Sha of Fear in ToES.  Get behind them and DPS.  They will turn and put up a new shield, so be prepared to move behind them.  They melt quickly. 

The beam of death (forget the name) will kill you.  We lost a couple of people that way on first attempt which is part of the reason for our one wipe.  When it comes out, it goes counterclockwise or clockwise REALLY SLOWLY but it does move.  Be prepared to move from it. 

Icy AoE damage really ramps up at the end...we used 2 OP healers and they semi-struggled.  For 530ish guilds, I recommend 3 healers.

Does someone know whats the exact amount of corruption that triggers the Norushen-kills-everything?

We're having everyone purified once, and the tanks go constantly and we still get that around 10-20%

Nah, we're over 2mins from his enrage when it happens :/ And every damn time.

EDIT: Ok, DBM has 10mins as enrage. My bad. Sorry :/

EDIT2: Alright, got him down. Very fun fight imo. Rather strict DPS check, but we were running 3 healers so that'd explain it.

Edited by Ceraius

Guest Elerius

Hi, I'm a warrior tank.

In the tank test description, the Burst of Corruption is described as "avoidable". How is this done? I was unable to jump, turn my back, or move my way out of eating a huge amount of damage from this. Are we just meant to mitigate with shieldwall/barrier, or can it actually be avoided all together? 

Nah, we're over 2mins from his enrage when it happens :/ And every damn time.

EDIT: Ok, DBM has 10mins as enrage. My bad. Sorry :/

EDIT2: Alright, got him down. Very fun fight imo. Rather strict DPS check, but we were running 3 healers so that'd explain it.

Yes, as it is at the moment, DBM shows a 10 minute enrage timer, however note that you will wipe after 7 minutes. Bigwigs has it right though.

We went at him with only 2healers, purified them and some DPS before 50%, after which we only sent tanks, so not to risk overlapping 2 big adds in the normal realm. Had to use a few offheals, but it went down preety smooth (around 10 wipes).

Guest Ceraius

Hi, I'm a warrior tank.

In the tank test description, the Burst of Corruption is described as "avoidable". How is this done? I was unable to jump, turn my back, or move my way out of eating a huge amount of damage from this. Are we just meant to mitigate with shieldwall/barrier, or can it actually be avoided all together? 

I haven't found it to be avoidable either. I've just been eating the damage and selfhealing after that. I'd assume SBarrier would get you through it pretty safely.

Yes, as it is at the moment, DBM shows a 10 minute enrage timer, however note that you will wipe after 7 minutes. Bigwigs has it right though.

We went at him with only 2healers, purified them and some DPS before 50%, after which we only sent tanks, so not to risk overlapping 2 big adds in the normal realm. Had to use a few offheals, but it went down preety smooth (around 10 wipes).

Yesh, we got it down around 10 wipes too with 3 healers. We sent in all DPS first followed by 2 of the healers ho could Atone/Eminence. (7 of which wipes were due to the skewed enrage timer on DBM and wondering what triggered the nuke -.-' )

here is what we did (10 man, 3 heals, avg item level of ~539) (one of our tanks had problems surviving in the tank trial). We purified 1 Tank, 2 Heals and all 5 DPS:

Tank A started on Boss.

First two globes:

Heal A,  DPS A

-> Tank Switch, Tank A tanks the big add and soaks the voidzone, Tank A => 100 Corruption,

Second globes:

Tank A,  DPS B => Tank A => 0 Corruption

-> DPS C soaks the next voidzone, DPS C => 100 Corruption

Third globes:

DPS C, Heal B

-> Tank A soaks Voidzone (=>25 Corruption)

Fourth globes:

DPS D, DPS E

-> Tank A soaks both Voids (=> 75 Corruption)

After that, we ignored globes and entered 50% Phase.

As with the remaining 5 voidzones due to the adds each 10%, 2 were soaked by the tanks which brought both to 100% corruption, and the remaining 3 were soaked by the two healers which were at 0 corruption, bringing one to 25 and one to 50% corruption

I guess this could be optimised, but worked quite well for us, something like three wipes for finding the proper assignments. The damage reduction and healing increses by puryfing healer/tanks were not really needed for our setup and gear level. Don't know how far we were from the enrage.

Hi, I'm a warrior tank.

I haven't found it to be avoidable either. I've just been eating the damage and selfhealing after that. I'd assume SBarrier would get you through it pretty safely.

Yesh, we got it down around 10 wipes too with 3 healers. We sent in all DPS first followed by 2 of the healers ho could Atone/Eminence. (7 of which wipes were due to the skewed enrage timer on DBM and wondering what triggered the nuke -.-' )

I as well have not figured out how to avoid Burst of Corruption. My druid co-tank told me she did by merely strafing out of range, but I found this not doable for myself. Also, I am a Paladin and I found rebuke to be unreliable at interrupting; it would go on cooldown, elvui would say I successfully interrupted, but I would still get hit in the face. I had to use Avenger's Shield as well.

10 wipes sounds about right with our group as well. We switched to 3 healers, with all but one DPS being sent in. Tanks alternated when they could at full corruption. We stopped at about 40% and burned him down. 

Thanks for all your comments and feedback, guys. Keep it coming! I've completed a few minor updates to the guide that will go up soon!

We managed to do it without sending tanks to get purified at all on normal. Whilst this isn't ideal it gave our dps extra non-corruption uptime on the boss.

round 1 - 2 dps

round 2 - 1 dps 1 heals

round 3 - 1 dps 1 heals

round 4 - 1 dps 1 heals

Obviously the dps going into the test soak the corruption that has just spawned - healers take the 50/40/30/20 orbs.  We didn’t kill the 10% add and just focused the boss down.

Edited by Ratharoth