FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Sha of Pride

"There is one other ability that is used during this phase, although it does not come from the Sha of Fear, but rather from Norushen, who is assisting your raid. Several random raid members will regularly be chosen and buffed with wow_icon_achievement_dungeon_ulduarraid_Gift of the Titans." I think you need to fix it =P

"There is one other ability that is used during this phase, although it does not come from the Sha of Fear, but rather from Norushen, who is assisting your raid. Several random raid members will regularly be chosen and buffed with wow_icon_achievement_dungeon_ulduarraid_Gift of the Titans." I think you need to fix it =P

Thanks! That will be done soon.

In 10man, the corrupted prison is chosen at random from the 4 around the room, or it's the same one every time?

When I did it on the PTR, it was chosen at random.

- The raid-wide damage caused by Projection explosions and the ticking damage every 10 seconds from the Sha of Pride being unleashed, are those both shadow damage aswell?

- I also got curious about how large the hitbox is of the boss smile.png

Edited by Amatuni

- The raid-wide damage caused by Projection explosions and the ticking damage every 10 seconds from the Sha of Pride being unleashed, are those both shadow damage aswell?

- I also got curious about how large the hitbox is of the boss smile.png

Yes, all Shadow damage.

And the hitbox was pretty big, but nothing too insane.

The hit box is plenty big for any/all melee to move to avoid gaining more pride and to stack when they have the "Gift of the Titans" buff. Along those lines, I found the Method PTR video on this boss very helpful when considering positioning. Rather than stack up behind the boss, they established a location on the perimeter of the bosses hit box, noted by the blue raid marker in the video, for raid members to stack when given the "Gift of the Titans" buff. I'm assuming this helps with two things: 1) it allows for better prison management since the raid team (sans Titans buff) can spread to assigned areas, and 2) it avoids unnecessary stacks of pride because raid members aren't spreading out fast enough when the small adds spawn in the stacked group. Finally, since the buff always targets at least one healer, this marker ensures both healers can float around this location and then quickly stack to gain the haste/healing buff and dispel safely.

Killed in 2 tries last night 10 man normal.  Best designed fight I've seen so far.

Can confirm that in 10 man, TWO people get caught in the prisons, not one as the guide says.  Strategy was to stack on boss's ass for Gift of the Titans, spread out for Reflections, AoE adds, then get right back in place.  If people had 25 or more Pride, they moved out for Swelling Pride.  Our DPS was pretty insane (everyone ove 250k) so we pushed to 30% before anyone got 50 Pride.  He reset, and we nuked him before anyone got to 30 Pride. 

Undergeared raid teams (530ish) should focus on the adds and avoiding the purple puddle-type stuff on the ground where the Reflections come out.  We didn't deal with the 50 Pride mechanic, so I have no advice on that. 

We 3 shot it last night. I agree with Zagam it's one hell of a fun fight.

For the reflections we just all stacked in 1 point and sidestepped as they spawned so they were already nicely stacked up for AoE. We only had 1 tank go over 50 pride once because the 2nd tank forgot to taunt but instead of having him deal with the 50 pride mechanic we just popped a Devo and healed through it.

Biggest concern was usually the person in the far prison not being released quickly enough, but even then there isn't enough pride gain in this fight to make it really dangerous.

Cannot confirm that 2 people get caught in the prison,was always only one for our 10 man group.

But in our observation only the same 2 prison locations can be active,which are diaogonally opposite of each other. Actually our 2 tanks opened the far-away prison,which seemed to work with the boss melee range or they were just quick enough.in the end they only had to open one prison

Edited by Farnion

It was definitely 2 every single time for us in 10 man normal. If the other prison opposite of the one you noticed was lit up and tanks were handling it, you had two prisons going out and your tanks handled the other one.  You had 2.  I can guarantee it.

It was definitely 2 every single time for us in 10 man normal. If the other prison opposite of the one you noticed was lit up and tanks were handling it, you had two prisons going out and your tanks handled the other one.  You had 2.  I can guarantee it.

I checked back with my raidmembers and you are of course correct. There are always 2 prisons. Indeed the tanks just seemed to have no problem what so ever with releasing the player in the second prison and the sha is just too big... rolleyes.gif

I checked back with my raidmembers and you are of course correct. There are always 2 prisons. Indeed the tanks just seemed to have no problem what so ever with releasing the player in the second prison and the sha is just too big... rolleyes.gif

That's why these forums exist...everyone learns something!  I agree about Sha being too big..."GET ON THE ADD BACK THERE!"  "What add?  I don't see any add..."  Yup.  Gonna have to do some new positioning next week.  It's so shitty sometimes to out gear a fight because you don't learn it properly.

We stacked in the back, one person called the add, another called prisons. Was fairly simple for us, wiped to people not knowing what swelling pride abilities did, but overall easy.

Was a fairly simple, easy, but fun fight. Neither of us tanks could get to the Manifestations in the back due to either prisons, tank switches, or as Krazyito said, we couldnt see the damn thing. It was always two prisons for us, diagonal to each other, each in the same spot every time. Both tanks took care of one while we assigned three dps/healers to the other one (in case one gets captured). Tanks need to call out swelling pride, and a healer/dps calls out manifestation.

Guest Raul

one thing that you guys might want to add to the guide (for the healer role) right before the boss reaches 30% life (the pride will be reset etc etc) u can dispell EVERY mark in the raid, making a lot easier in the last part (where u may have to dispell and get some pride just to keep ppl alive) for not having anyone with more than 2~3 stacks entering in the last phase. i hope it helps cya =D

Ps: my english sucks thx for noticing 

one thing that you guys might want to add to the guide (for the healer role) right before the boss reaches 30% life (the pride will be reset etc etc)

I think it's assumed that the healers are dispelling on cooldown when they have Gift of the Titans. :)

Guest Xhosant

Ra'sha's sacrificial dagger, with its suicide effect, might be valuable to kill oneself before the Swelling Pride that will mind-control them.

Ra'sha's sacrificial dagger, with its suicide effect, might be valuable to kill oneself before the Swelling Pride that will mind-control them.

I like this idea very much! :)

Stoove, if your Healer gets behind on dispels then you may have to say "OK everyone dispel now if you're below (20,45,70) pride. But if you know 30% will happen before the next swelling, it's best just to say "OK everyone dispel on cool down, now" (ofc, making sure they stop if they get too high)

having done normal on 3 toon s and 2 of them being healers I can say this.

on normal mode unless your dps is really low it tends to be better to dispel mark of arrogance even if you do not have the buff.

The trade off here is 5 pride each time it goes out or a minimum of 560k damage on one player. The dot is deceivingly dangerous because the damage on this fight  comes from high damage bursts. The dot ticks every second it may be ticking when these bursts come out easily killing a player. 

You're very unlikely to hit 100 corruption by dispelling it without the corruption immunity

Has anyone tried dispelling while having an immunity effect? I wonder if u still get pride... Meaning: a monk can use Diffuse Magic to remove the hot from himself without gaining pride (which I assume also implies that things like the pally bubble will do the same). The question is, can a pally bubble and dispel someone else without gaining pride or can a monk diffuse magic and dispel. Just curious and not sure I'll have time to try it tonight.