Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amfass

Warlock DPS Help

6 posts in this topic

Hi, my guild recently recruited a warlock who is having some difficulties w/ dps. He has received quite a few upgrades since joining (although he lacks a good trinket in one slot).  I have no experience with dpsing on a warlock so if you can offer any suggestions/feedback/ideas for what he can do it would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

recent log:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z174mebl1ueqbuxn/sum/damageDone/

armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Oumpaa/advanced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jin'rokh - 7 Chaos Bolts, 1 Shadowburn in a fight that lasted over 3 minutes.  This is a critical playstyle error.  There's no fundamental understanding of the basics of his class.  Not going to get into the fine details until basic playstyle is recognized and learned.  Point him to guides. 

 

Horridon - 12 Chaos Bolts, 3  Shadowburns in a fight that lasted over 8 minutes.  2 signature moves of Destruction.  His highest damage source was Rain of Fire.  0 uses of Havoc (25 sec CD, had 16 chances to cleave Chaos Bolt/Shadowburn).  This is just blatant misguided play.  No need to look at details or more logs.  He/she has very little understanding of how Destruction should be played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Additionally, s/he needs to regem. They have enough gear to ignore int gems and go 80/120 int/mastery and 320 full mastery.

 

Their trinkets are not THAT bad, if they are using the excuse of "Oh, my DPS is low because I have a bad trinket" then they are ignorant or lying to you because their gear isn't bad at all. 

 

As Zagam said, logs show your warlock lacks a basic understanding of the spec.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an Aside, this playstyle is likely to become even less efficient as ember generation from RoF is scaled down in the upcoming 5.4 patch.

 

again  - the 502 trinket is not what is holding him back.

 

Point him/her in the direction of the top-quality Icy-Veins Destro Lock guide;  It helped me enormously when I was learning the spec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His mastery rating is low, haste is too high.

 

As previously mentioned by other posters, reforge/regem to more mastery. Blue gem: go mastery+hit. Go pure mastery on the two prismatic sockets.

 

Change that enchant on gloves to mastery instead of haste.

 

I wouldn't ignore the socket bonus on the chest.

 

Lots of item ugprades with VP missing! I'd start with upgrading Breath of the hydra.

Edited by Wolland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't even look at his gear.  I've always been a very loud component that secondary stats don't make or break your DPS, it's your playstyle and execution of proper mechanics and gameplay.  The errors I point out are the 90% of his DPS potential...the regemming, reforging, etc. make up the other 10%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.