FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
SoulLord

Resto druid comparison ToT

Hi starting in a new guild and trying not to fall behind there's another druid in our 25 man group and he's outperforming me.

not sure why 

here's a world of logs run we did

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7lejvjypovqckqck/

and here are our characters from askmrrobot

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/shadow_council/oratur

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/shadow_council/deadlymoo

The only thing I noticed is that he was always in treeform before casting tranquility

but that should be offset by my druid casting tree of life outside tranquility.

*Note* received the gloves on this run which is why they are not gemmed/reforged/enchanted by the time of this post.

Thanks in advance for your time

You didn't Innervate or use the Shado-Pan Assault trinket as often as the other Druid did - you got about half as much mana return from the Lifeblood effect. Also, Horridon's Last Gasp was a huge source of extra mana for him that you didn't have. So, that's one reason. Before taking into account the effect of Spirit, you returned a total of 1.27M mana and he returned 2.35M over the course of the log. That's an enormous differential which allowed him to more freely use spells like Wild Growth and Healing Touch. Before I changed anything else, I would work on this first. Even something as simple as Innervating earlier than you think you need it, or keeping a stack of Master Mana Potions, might be enough to help you close the gap.

Thanks for the reply true I don't hit the mana return options as often as I should thanks for bringing it up 

so its basically him casting more spells or more expensive spells than I did

One thing I did notice on there is that Oratur is, well in my opinion, not as well gemmed/reforged either. You haven't hit the 21.43% haste cap you are nearly 2% below which I personally find is pretty pointless. I would recommend using askmrrobot to help you gem/enchant/reforge to the 12.5% haste cap which will then give you a 5% Mastery increase, 1.1k Spirit increase, 600 int and 650 spell power increase. You will find that doing this will not only increase the amount your HoTs are ticking for which seems to be your issue as your rej ticks seem to be pretty low, from what I can see but you should find mana re-gen slightly better as well.

The up time on your LB is also pretty low on a lot of the fights. You need to be aiming for pretty much 100% up time on LB. Remember to use WG on CD as well. Make sure that you keep Harmony on as well as even dropping it for a few seconds can have a major decrease in your healing. 

The biggest problem you and the other druid will have is the other healers you have in the raid, your healing with a Disc Priest and a Pala!! A resto druids worst enemy, at least from a numbers point of view. with classes that shield it makes your numbers look a lot worse then what they actually are. My guilds Off healer is a priest who when healing plays Disc. When we use him my numbers drop a good 5-10k HPS depending on the fight. 

I think getting to the 12.5% haste cap allowing you to have more Mastery will really help you HoTs and should see your numbers go up a considerable amount.

An idea that might be worth doing is try using SoTF instead of Tree.

Edited by Spacehopper317

Thanks for the tips I reforged as askmr robot told me to go to the higher haste threshold and played with my weakauras to have better time on my life bloom.

still one thing eludes me.

last week logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ouyumy1o0hoe0rwt/spell/774/

not considering other spells which he cast more often the gear lvl is very similar yet I see for example his rejuv

Actor Totals Ticks Tick Crits Deadlymoo 45258172 47.0 % 2329 22675.5 30457907 42.3 % 572 47465.2 14800265 45.5 % Oratur 38613164 40.1 % 2344 24823.3 27295479 53.1 % 499 52123.4 11317685 56.5 %

doing much better even though on this one I managed to squeeze more rejuvs than him could it be he's choosing better targets than I am?

Maybe he's got more mastery than you? Which would make all his heals hit harder than yours.

Personally I would never go beyond 12.5 % haste (buffed), but that is a personal choice I suppose. I just find that in 10 mans, at least, I feel much stronger when geared for mastery rather than haste.

So, the reason why he is doing more on Rej is exactly what Nemo said. He has nearly 5% (unbuffed) more mastery then you. In my opinion the 21.43% haste cap is a bit wasted. As you will be aware with the 21.43% Haste cap you gain 1 tick of Lifebloom, 1 tick of Regrowth and 1 tick on WG. Been 100% honest, I feel the the extra tick of each of these is not as strong as having the 7% additional mastery (as your gear is at the moment). As the mastery should make up for the ticks and abit more.

2bh from what I can see you seem to know what your doing in regards to what spells to cast at what time etc. I would reforge to the 12.5% haste cap. If you use the default askmrrobot Resto build Int > Spirit > Haste to 12.5% > Mastery > Crit I think your numbers will shoot up. 

By dropping the 10% odd haste you will gain nearly 7% mastery. If I have worked it out correctly your rej ticks should the actually tick higher then his.

Try doing this and let us know how you get on! Your LB up time is loads better as well :)

Edited by Spacehopper317

Btw: If you use Mr. Robot to reforge as mentioned above (which I recommend), you might want to input a spirit cap. Otherwise it'll suggest you get LOTS of spirit, before mastery. Personally I run with about 9000 spirit unbuffed, but it depends on the encounter.