FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Quiver21

Balance Druid: Haste breakpoints question.

Hi guys!

I am a low ilvl boomkin (517ilvl). After getting the 1st haste breakpoint (5273) i started stacking crit as much as possible.

If i squeeze my gear, i could actually get to the 2nd haste breakpoint (around 10300). Now, my question is: should i go for said 2nd haste plateau? If i were to, i would be somewhat neglecting crit until i reach said amount of haste, is it really worth it?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know balance at all, but i'll tell you something that could help.

Simming can answer questions like those, if you link us your character we can tell you more.

Simming is certainly the way to go but having said that. I would guess you will be better stacking crit until you have enough stats to comforably get to the haste plateau without reducing your crit too much.

For starters an armory link would be great help smile.png

Atm Boomkins need high crit preferably 10k+ imo.

If you have RPPM trinkets and/or the LMG, then higher haste wont be a bad idea if you aren't sacrificing too much crit.

Main haste bps Id stick to are:

5273, adds 3 ticks to base, standard for any ilvl

9692, adds 7 to base dots w/BL or LMG

10289, adds 4 to base dots

If you'd like to play with higher haste, I would keep at min 25% crit raid buffed.

Aim to have Higher Crit than Haste always for a Moonkin, that is the tl;dr version. 

If you are going for the 10k Haste cap, you should have 10k Crit as well or more.... else your dps will be lower.

It's a very subjective answer and it depends on a number of things: at low(er) ilvls, stick with the first break point and stack crit. At some point, you're going to want to move forward, but that's not a defined moment. Raid buffed, my boomkin sits at 45ish% crit and I have not moved to the 10,296 haste breakpoint. I'm only about 2k away from it and I still haven't pulled the proverbial trigger on it.

That 10k breakpoint also puts your wrath at the GCD. While this sounds delicious at the surface (if for nothing else but to hurry and gtfo out solar), with a meta proc, your wrath is below the GCD. I have a problem with this personally. That's wasted time, waiting on the GCD, where a higher crit value, I at least have that much more chance of an SS proc. Sure, you could bounce that right back and say that with the breakpoint, i'd have another tick to rely on, but that only holds water if you time your clipping perfectly every single time. That isn't likely for just about every one of us.

Edited by Cohumulone