Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slamman

blood dk mastery cap?

6 posts in this topic

Hey so basically I'm wondering if there's any point where I have enough mastery as a blood dk? I'm tanking heroic DS. The guide says to get much mastery as possible, but I'm not sure if that is outdated information relative to today's gear levels. Also there's a section called "No Caps" but it just talks about hit and expertise.

Thanks.

If you're a Blood DK in heroic DS, you can never have enough mastery. Reforge to it, get trinkets that proc it, and a weapon with it on it. While Parry and Dodge are uncontrollable mitigation, with so much mastery, your Blood Shield and Death Strikes will provide a controllable amount of mitigation that will make Hagara's Relentless Assault rather petty. It's also wonderful for mitigating a very large portion of the Impale damage on Madness. Nearly all of your gems should be Stam/Mastery. When you think you have enough mastery, get more.

1 person likes this

Zagam is 100% correct. There is no cap for Mastery, it's your best stat always. Just get as much of it as you can.

And just to note, if our guides don't mention the existence of a cap for something, then there's a 99% chance that there isn't one. We strive to make them as accurate as we can. Of course, if you think there is an error, don't hesitate to report it.

1 person likes this

Just an interesting tidbit, there is actually a theoretical cap where your base heal on DS (7% HP) would give you a capped out Blood Shield (100% of your HP) which would thus make mastery obsolete beyond that point, but that number is not attainable by any means.

You would need 39544 mastery rating which would be around 220 mastery, plus the 8 you have baseline, which would be a 1429% Blood Shield mastery.

Just an interesting tidbit, there is actually a theoretical cap where your base heal on DS (7% HP) would give you a capped out Blood Shield (100% of your HP) which would thus make mastery obsolete beyond that point, but that number is not attainable by any means.

You would need 39544 mastery rating which would be around 220 mastery, plus the 8 you have baseline, which would be a 1429% Blood Shield mastery.

Sounds like a cap on money in this world...you COULD theoretically obtain every single dollar/yen/pound/etc that ever existed to the point you could obtain no more money...but you'll never get there =D

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Browed
      I will NOT be using BoS in 7.1.5...  why?
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=132459/perseverance-of-the-ebon-martyr
      Build:
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/frost/cj7z
      Basically with the combination of Gathering Storm (extended RW) and fitting more Rime into that time period I'm hoping that my M+ hybrid spec will remain competitive and the sims thus far seem to support the theory.
      If you have the helm too, grats! and look forward to the major increase in it's power with Freezing Fog +30% and Tier 19 based around more Rime and more RP from Rime we should see many viable builds popping up on logs. **Stay with FP for now until you have T19 x 2 - see updated build link ^^
      Why not BoS and Hungering? ... well, I'm looking for big Rime crits and don't fancy the long CD to manage. I also want to remain powerful in M+ which should be the case with this build... I'm pretty sure I can become more useful with Winter is Coming + extended RW... stunning mobs for the whole of PoF uptime.
      Obliteration will be used to maximise rune spam for Gathering Storm.
      Lets hear your thoughts?
    • By bwaargh
      So, i'm lvl 866 crit - castigator - soul reaper. Crit 27%, haste 18%, mastery 29%.  Draugr, Girdle of the Everlasting King and Sephuz's Secret. I simc at 305k dps single target. When i switch to CS - necrosis - dark arbiter, i simc at 298k dps. But my gear is crit-heavy low-mastery and i've no Deadliest coil traits yet, so i wonder if mastery build is really better now. But icy and noxxic still suggest crit-build. Does anyone have the possibility and gear to simc two of this builds with the same ilvl gear. Please share.
    • By Leshrac
      Hey! Somebody help me please, Which should I use? 
      Tiny Oozeling Jar  870 ilvl
      Accolade of Victory: (1560 str;1055 Versa) 870ilvl
      Memento of Angerboda 855ilvl
      Nature's Call 850ilvl
      Horn of Valor 855ilvl
      Spiked Counterwight 855ilvl
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Leshrac/simple
      thanks for the help

• By Cotics
      So with the new Patch on our doorstep, I was wondering if anyone knows how the patch will change stat priorities. Because of the nerf to 2ndary  stats.
    • By FireWater
      The advice for frost dks on this site right now seems very... oversimplified. With so much different gear, with different legendary combinations things can get rather variable, so I had a few thoughts and questions. 
      Firstly, base 'rotation'. Recommended talents tend to go:  Runic Attenuation and Obliteration for single target, or Frostscythe and Glacial advance for the aoe true 'machinegun build'. Single target with obliterate is simple enough, but using machinegun build during periods of single target dps, all they have is a base priority list that seems lacking. 
      They recommend: 
      Frost fever up>Glacial Advance>Remorseless Winter>Frostscythe>Frost Strike
      And that's really all it says. I've been sticking with the same talents even in single target, and I've been making due with the following:
      Frost Fever up
      Frost strike to keep Icy Talons from dropping (typically once every 2-3 global cooldowns) or if your RP is almost capped.
      Frostscythe with KM proc
      Howling blast with Rime proc
      Glacial advance and Remorseless Winter when available
      Obliterate for rune dump and rime procs

Done properly, and with normal luck on procs (and decent haste), you should be able to keep Icy Talons at near 100% uptime. 
      Beyond that, the stats it advises amounts to soft crit and haste caps, then Versatility > Mastery. But a spec using lots of RW, GA, and big Frostscythe crits makes me wonder if more mastery wouldn't be better. Especially if you get  the legendary bracers (Toravon's whiteout bindings) which give an extra 15% frost damage during PoF.
      With the same legendary in mind, is it worth using Frostscythe on single targets during PoF?
      And if you have the bracers AND the ring that gives 2x charges of Empower Rune Weapon, how does dps compare for Breath of Sindragosa build? I can imagine amazing burst dps every 2 minutes, but would that make up for the lack of avalache and glacial advance?