FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
DirtyLittleGnome

Requesting a Feature/Guide (Item guide)

New to the forums and i love all the guides on icy-viens they are the best! but i was wondering if someone could make a guide, or knows of a guide for items, specifically for lower level characters in wow, like 1-60? or even 1-80?

I ask this because i really love how you have organized the loot lists for the gear 85-90 starting at 419 all the way through to best in slot, but as my monk is currently level 57 i think it would be cool if could make a list like that but break it down by say every 10 levels or just do 1-60, and then 70-80 etc

Break it down by class so basically instead of me making an excel sheet with all the stuff you have already there, i can just hop on here and plan a bit better gear and what not for my alts as i level them up

For example for the monk guide it can have 15-30 (because gear really starts with level 15 and first dungeons)

My alts are all mostly twinks and i always like to have the best gear, and although i use heirlooms a lot, i find that having the aucutal gear is more satisfying

and still use a bit on alt specs like my monk i have full heirloom set for dps but only 1 item for mistweaver set, the rest i have done hours of research and made lists, but then i see the list for monk 419-bis and realize, you have done basically what i was needing

if a guide isnt feasiable like this on IV then is there any other websites that can have it all listed out like that? i use wowhead but looking and sorting each slot individually then writing it down or making lists is time consuming and then when my gf's priest is wanting to know what/where gear for her, i go back to wowhead working that...and i just need a 1 stop location printed out in easy to read format, by slot, level, etc every item from 1-60 and 70-80 and to 90

thanks

Obviously I dont want to speak for either Damien or Vlad but I assume something like this would require a lot of work, and is really only catered for a limited audience.

It would be extremely hard to try and produce a list of items that would really benefit you for long enough, and with so many quest items and other ingame items it would be a HUGE list.

With heirlooms (across nearly all item slots now) levelling is considerably faster than it was previously and although it is nice to gain upgrades even at a low level, the actual performance increase from item to item isn't really providing you with THAT much of a bonus.

Although it would level you up a bit faster having better gear (and heirlooms are obviously the best for levelling in most situations) I dont think it is worth optimizing that much.  After all any time spent researching gear could be time grinding quests or a LFD and getting more exp right :P

With so much information required for End Game I think something like this would really be low on the priority list, and I doubt there are any other websites that have made similar lists (that I know of).

Popular Twink item lists maybe something that has more merit though, but I don't seem to know many Twinks anymore (unless thats just me).  But I think more people would use a Twink item list than perhaps a 1-80 list etc.

Sorry to sort of beat up your post, its not intentional, I'm just thinking that although it would be awesome to have for some people, the time and effort required to produce, maintain and obviously keep up to date would out weigh the number of people that would use it.

• Like 1

New to the forums and i love all the guides on icy-viens they are the best! but i was wondering if someone could make a guide, or knows of a guide for items, specifically for lower level characters in wow, like 1-60? or even 1-80?

I ask this because i really love how you have organized the loot lists for the gear 85-90 starting at 419 all the way through to best in slot, but as my monk is currently level 57 i think it would be cool if could make a list like that but break it down by say every 10 levels or just do 1-60, and then 70-80 etc

Break it down by class so basically instead of me making an excel sheet with all the stuff you have already there, i can just hop on here and plan a bit better gear and what not for my alts as i level them up

For example for the monk guide it can have 15-30 (because gear really starts with level 15 and first dungeons)

My alts are all mostly twinks and i always like to have the best gear, and although i use heirlooms a lot, i find that having the aucutal gear is more satisfying

and still use a bit on alt specs like my monk i have full heirloom set for dps but only 1 item for mistweaver set, the rest i have done hours of research and made lists, but then i see the list for monk 419-bis and realize, you have done basically what i was needing

if a guide isnt feasiable like this on IV then is there any other websites that can have it all listed out like that? i use wowhead but looking and sorting each slot individually then writing it down or making lists is time consuming and then when my gf's priest is wanting to know what/where gear for her, i go back to wowhead working that...and i just need a 1 stop location printed out in easy to read format, by slot, level, etc every item from 1-60 and 70-80 and to 90

thanks

It's actually not hard to do Peelyon tongue.png

I have my own database of items that I maintain (automatically) for transmogrification purposes. I wrote a small script that goes through it and generates the item lists for level 90 characters, but I can easily write a slightly different script that generates similar lists for characters below level 90. I won't have the time to do it right now, but it's definitely something I could do after 5.4.

So, I'm thinking I could have a page for level 1 to 9, another page for level 10 to 19, another one for level 20 to 29, and so on. On each page, I'd list the gear exactly as it is listed in the gearing up guides, but I'd add "required level" information and I'd sort the items by "required level" then "item level" then alphabetically. And, of course, I'll have these pages for all classes.

How does that sound?

• Like 1

It's actually not hard to do Peelyon tongue.png

I have my own database of items that I maintain (automatically) for transmogrification purposes. I wrote a small script that goes through it and generates the item lists for level 90 characters, but I can easily write a slightly different script that generates similar lists for characters below level 90. I won't have the time to do it right now, but it's definitely something I could do after 5.4.

So, I'm thinking I could have a page for level 1 to 9, another page for level 10 to 19, another one for level 20 to 29, and so on. On each page, I'd list the gear exactly as it is listed in the gearing up guides, but I'd add "required level" information and I'd sort the items by "required level" then "item level" then alphabetically. And, of course, I'll have these pages for all classes.

How does that sound?

That should work, only thing I have to object against it is the fact that its almost never really usefull.

If you just keep leveling through quests and dungeons you will get items good enough for you.

If you do want another item that drops in a dungeon you have done, you can grind it over and over but by the time you have it you will be in a different levelrange and will have to move on to the next item for that slot (at least it always went like that for me).

heirlooms is a different story, not everyone has enough heirlooms and alot of people prefer playing without them.

I would say that what we need is not a full database of items available for certain levels, but rather a guide to what is best to aquire on certain breakpoints.

what I mean is when a player reaches lvl 80 and has to have a certain itemlevel to do things, that player might need to grind a few items before being able to do cata normals. a guide to the best items to farm at those points (lvl 80 being the first obvious one) would be more usefull imo.

That should work, only thing I have to object against it is the fact that its almost never really usefull.

If you just keep leveling through quests and dungeons you will get items good enough for you.

If you do want another item that drops in a dungeon you have done, you can grind it over and over but by the time you have it you will be in a different levelrange and will have to move on to the next item for that slot (at least it always went like that for me).

heirlooms is a different story, not everyone has enough heirlooms and alot of people prefer playing without them.

I would say that what we need is not a full database of items available for certain levels, but rather a guide to what is best to aquire on certain breakpoints.

what I mean is when a player reaches lvl 80 and has to have a certain itemlevel to do things, that player might need to grind a few items before being able to do cata normals. a guide to the best items to farm at those points (lvl 80 being the first obvious one) would be more usefull imo.

That's the one thing that worries me, that it might not be very useful. I need to think about it more.

I also can't imagine it would see very much use, however, I wonder if it's something AMR could implement in the future?  Not trying to farm out work :)   Just seems like a dynamic tool would be more useful than just lists.

I think the limited audience was part of the reason I was fairly negative (plus not knowing how hard it would be to compile!).

One thing that may be useful is a full heirloom guide maybe?

So a list of what each class has available, where to buy it, the total cost etc.

Also the most beneficial enchants that you could perhaps place on them (you can still enchant them right?)

Then perhaps build that into a full guide that helps you acquire items that arent available as heirlooms yet?

• Like 2

I think the limited audience was part of the reason I was fairly negative (plus not knowing how hard it would be to compile!).

One thing that may be useful is a full heirloom guide maybe?

So a list of what each class has available, where to buy it, the total cost etc.

Also the most beneficial enchants that you could perhaps place on them (you can still enchant them right?)

Then perhaps build that into a full guide that helps you acquire items that arent available as heirlooms yet?

Since you have so much free time now, maybe you can write that :p

• Like 1

Since you have so much free time now, maybe you can write that tongue.png

*cough* you seem to be confusing free time with my ability to login to the game again ;)

• Like 1

lol,

I guess a heirloom guide might be something worthwhile. I am still a bit vague on exactly whaat looms are available for each class.