FORUMS
Peelyon

Priest Tier 16 (T16) Set Bonuses

Priest T16 Healer 2P Bonus

Holy - spell_holy_serendipity.jpgSerendipity also increases the the healing of your next spell_holy_greaterheal.jpgGreater Heal or spell_holy_prayerofhealing02.jpgPrayer of Healing by 50% per stack.

Discipline - While ability_priest_archangel.jpgArchangel is active, your critical chance is increased by 10%.

Priest T16 Healer 4P Bonus

Holy - spell_holy_circleofrenewal.jpgCircle of Healing and spell_holy_prayerofmendingtga.jpgPrayer of Mending casts increase the effect of your next spell_holy_persuitofjustice.jpgHoly Word: Serenity by 33% and your spell_holy_chastise.jpgHoly Word: Chastise and spell_holy_divineprovidence.jpgHoly Word: Sanctuary spells by 75%, stacking up to 3 times.

Discipline - While ability_shaman_astralshift.jpgSpirit Shell is active, you gain 10% haste and 3500 mastery.

Priest T16 Shadow 2P Bonus

inv_chaos_orb.jpgMastery: Shadowy Recall effects have their critical damage bonus increased by 40%.

Priest T16 Shadow 4P Bonus

Each Shadow Orb consumed for spell_shadow_devouringplague.jpgDevouring Plague increases the damage of your next spell_shadow_unholyfrenzy.jpgMind Blastspell_shadow_demonicfortitude.jpgShadow Word: Death, or spell_priest_mindspike.jpgMind Spike cast within 12 sec by 20%.

My opinion on Holy 2 and 4pc

• The 2pc is very situational.  It really depends on how often you make use of serendipity and how effectively you use it.  Don't get me wrong, it is a GREAT boost to healing, but you need to be good at using it.
  • The 4pc very strong, especially in a 25 man setting.  Being able to increase the healing of two spells that already are a staple part of your rotation just by using other staple spells? YES PLEASE.  It's going to be great in both AoE and single target fights.

Disc:

• 2pc: 10% flat boost to crits when you pop wings? Sounds very good to me. Lets me put in a little bit more mastery into my gear.
  • 4pc: More passive stats when I pop cooldowns? Amazing.  Although, the mastery is pretty useless while spirit shell is up because (from what I remember) spirit shell isnt affected by mastery any more.  But the haste increase will definitely make up for the 5s nerf to spirit shell "application" duration.

Shadow: (NOTE: I am NOT a DPSer.  I'm making this opinion solely on what I know about the spec, which is not too much)

• 2pc: This seems good, but it is my understanding that mastery is not a great stat for shadow.  Although, because of this 2pc, it may make shadow more inclined to get some mastery (maybe even even with crit after their haste breakpoint).
  • 4pc: Straight damage boost to major spells.  Most priests are going to want to make sure they use the bonus prioritizing in this order: SW:D > MB > MS.  It is probably a DPS gain to save the buff for a Mind blast, but not for SW:D. (in other words: don't use the buff on MS, but use the buff on which ever comes off CD first from SW:D and MB)
  • Like 1

Although, the mastery is pretty useless while spirit shell is up because (from what I remember) spirit shell isnt affected by mastery any more. 

I'm relatively certain that never made it to live.

Opinions please - which 2 tier pieces are best for disc (25m) ?

Currently I own all 4 tier pieces (553 ilevel) but would like to equip as many heroic pieces I have as possible without losing the 2 set. 

Also have:

- heroic Iron Wolf Helm (Dark Shaman)

- heroic Rime-Rift Shoulders (Norushen)

- heroic Bolt-Burster Grips (Immersus) and heroic Earthripper gloves (Iron Juggernaut)

- warforged helm & shoulders & chest off Ordos

- I think I have the warforged (reg) Ichor-Dripping Shoudlers (Immersus)

I absolutely want to keep my 2 set but, what pieces would be the most beneficial, bearing in mind that tier pieces are still all only reg (553+upgraded) versions?

Thanks for any input smile.png

(PS - if I use the AskMrRobot 'best in bags' option it wants me to drop the 2 set in favor of equipping heroic pieces which I am really strongly against!  or am I wrong in that? I use AA a lot - like whenever it procs)

Edited by Tia

Opinions please - which 2 tier pieces are best for disc (25m) ?

Currently I own all 4 tier pieces (553 ilevel) but would like to equip as many heroic pieces I have as possible without losing the 2 set. 

Also have:

- heroic Iron Wolf Helm (Dark Shaman)

- heroic Rime-Rift Shoulders (Norushen)

- heroic Bolt-Burster Grips (Immersus) and heroic Earthripper gloves (Iron Juggernaut)

- warforged helm & shoulders & chest off Ordos

- I think I have the warforged (reg) Ichor-Dripping Shoudlers (Immersus)

I absolutely want to keep my 2 set but, what pieces would be the most beneficial, bearing in mind that tier pieces are still all only reg (553+upgraded) versions?

Thanks for any input smile.png

(PS - if I use the AskMrRobot 'best in bags' option it wants me to drop the 2 set in favor of equipping heroic pieces which I am really strongly against!  or am I wrong in that? I use AA a lot - like whenever it procs)

You should definitely think about posting your own thread for this kind of thing, instead of popping into another post.  It's always the better way to get a quality response.

That being said, you just have to look at the stats you want, and compare that to the stats you lose.  If I was going for a crit build, I'd run 2pc with:

Catia's Flowing Robes

Rime-Rift Shoulders

Bolt-Burster Grips

In this scenario, you'd gain a lot of Int/Crit, and lose around 2k Mastery.  Since Crit is your highest value stat when you're running a Crit build, you'll see the best gain there.

AMR "over-values" Spirit and Int when it's looking at Disc right now, and can't assign a real value to the 2pc proc since AA uptime is variable from player to player (20% AA uptime = 2% crit over the fight.  70% AA uptime = 7% crit over the fight.).  Make sure that you set a softcap of Spirit whenever you're looking at AMR!

Thanks for the input Hybrys - its actually exactly what I had figured would probably be the best setup when I logged out last night and looking at the stat priority was what I thought I should be doing. I guess it just bothers me a bit to have heroic pieces sitting in my bags not knowing if I'd be better off using them - so before I go spending valor on upgrades etc. I figure its best to get some second (and third!) opinions.

Something else to keep in mind before you upgrade is which heroic tier pieces you'll pick up and how accessible they are to your group.  You have heroic pcs from Shamans so you obviously will have the opportunity to pick up a heroic tier chest.  Next up will be gloves from Nazgrim.  So it will be efficient to spend your valor on the heroic pcs that will not get replaced sooner than the rest.  Then you'll be able to wear those two heroic tier pcs w/ three other heroic/HWF offpcs while you work on snagging additional heroic tier as you progress. 

I have 4 pieces of the tier 16 set. I know that crit should equal mastery with 2 pieces. But what stats do I need with 4 pieces for raiding? I have a shadow priest.