FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kazistrasz

Learning Affliction - Please Help?

Hmm ok that all makes sense. Still just need to get used to optimizing haunt. Im used to playing melee classes so quite a change in playing aff lock.

One more question. So looks like my opening is curse of elements, dark soul:misery, sb:sw. With optimizing should you cast haunt immediately after or should i wait until agony reaches 10 stacks to cast haunt? Or is there a different order to use? Icy veins has a single target order casting haunt before anything else but that seems to be a waste and haunt doesnt last very long.

After the initial SB:SS I would wait until all of your trinkets come online in tandem with Dark Soul.  If it happens instantly, that's awesome, but I'd still wait until at least 4-5 stacks of Agony are chugging along, and only if your buffs won't wear off before that time.  Manually re-apply the DoT's if you didn't get lucky with an instant Nightfall proc in order to keep more Haunts active while your super powered DoT's are up.

If you're lusting at the start then you don't need to worry so much as Agony will stack up pretty quickly.

Did everything on normal through DA tonight, and boy did I get the RNG screw. Did Ji-kun as Demo, and didn't get my first UVLS proc until 3:00 into the fight. Did Durumu, and didn't get crap for procs between Breath and Wushoo. Despite 97% uptimes on DoTs and 72% uptime on Haunt, I was only able to get a measly 138k on him. It was a night of "screw you, kaz". Though, I do have to say I was pleased with 248k on Horridon as Demo, 268k on Council as Demo (though I lost to the mage that skyrocketed almost 1mil on the pull because of his Combustion that actually pulled agro and made us have to rez him), and 268k again on Prim as Destro. I'm just so bad about those two fights with no trinkety stuff. :(

All the more reason to fall in love with Bindings which has an ICD trinket proc you KNOW is coming.  115 seconds (2 minutes) lining up with Dark Soul.

Also, Wush and Breath are getting significant buffs on Tuesday.  They will proc twice as often for half the duration.  This will be OUTSTANDING for Affliction because we just care about snapshotting.  More opportunities to refresh DoTs with +23k Intellect = booya.

Is it my playskills, or something, but I only score 150k at best as 531 affli with full legendary cloak, 530 Wushu's and 510 Cha-Ye's? Should I score more in a direct single-target fight, like a Mageara without meters pumpping?

Edited by tassadar

Give us a WoL report? It's hard to tell by just that information how much is play style vs. just getting RNG screw. I'm 528 and only pulled 138k this week on Durumu, a purely single target fight (I ignore the adds since the others kill them too fast, though I should probably try to catch them with Drain Soul for shards...). Despite this I had 97% uptimes on my DoTs and 72% uptime on Haunt. I simply wasn't getting procs from my trinkets. You could be getting a similar thing, or you could have uptimes around 80% on DoTs and 40% on Haunt. 

Edit: You could also be getting lots of procs with great uptimes and simply not be taking solid advantage of snapshotting your procs.

Edited by Kazistrasza
  • Like 1