FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
clyde

What is the DPS meta (returning raider)

I recently leveled a mage to 90 after quitting shortly after Ulduar's release.  I'm looking to get into raiding again.  What is the current dps raid meta?

Are fury / arms warriors relevant in raiding?

What are the top 3 dps class / specs?

I see very little DPS warriors around today, and according to some sources they're not doing that well, but I did see an amazing Fury a while back in LFR or a Heroic Dungeon. Cant remember which.

Mages are generally being in a very good place with their DPS. Rogues shouldn't have anything to complain either. I can't answer accurately since i don't have solid info on which specs trump others.

Edited by Ceraius

I recently leveled a mage to 90 after quitting shortly after Ulduar's release.  I'm looking to get into raiding again.  What is the current dps raid meta?

Are fury / arms warriors relevant in raiding?

What are the top 3 dps class / specs?

These are fight dependent.  Certain classes will have mechanics they can exploit to perform exceptionally well.  For example, Sha of Pride will be a great fight for Arcane Mages because movement is almost non-existent with some proper pre-planning.  Ain't no one touching your Elemental Shaman on Galakras Phase 1.  There aren't really a 'top 3' so much as each fight has it's own top rankings.

And for exactly the reasons Zagam explains, you should play which class and spec you like best. No matter how good the dps is "supposed" to be, if it doesn't suit your natural play style, it won't happen.

Me? I tend to be too lazy for melee classes. I prefer to stand back and let my minions chase things for me.

In general melee did not do well in Throne of thunder unless you played rogue for which they had good survivability. Basically, if you needed range dps in ToT bring warlocks, need more range? bring more warlocks. still need more range? bring mages . Need melee? bring rogues.

I dont know how it is for Siege of orgrimmar atm but it seems fairly equal although taking range due to some boss abilities just being melee unfriendly. There are a few occasions for cleave so melee are getting a bit more light in Siege.