FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Spoils of Pandaria

Killed this last night in 10 man after 5-6 pulls.  For those progressing/not yet doing fight, READ THE GUIDE AND UNDERSTAND FIGHT BEFORE YOU SHOW UP.  This isn't a show up and outgear type of fight.  Strategy is key.  This feels like this tier's Dark Animus.  Note: when you split up into your 2 5 man teams, split your raid buffs and debuffs.  Elemental Shaman Mastery (100 yard range) won't reach the other team.  This means Spell Haste is tied to one room.  We put all the casters on one team with Spell Haste and the rest in another.

It's not super clear, but to activate the lever that opens up the 2nd of 2 rooms your 5 man team has to do, you need to kill a bunch of things.  You basically need to kill almost EVERYTHING in the room.  Our issues were speed, not knowing mechanics, and a lack of proper strat in killing things. 

Mogu Rooms = Red Pillars of Death (RPD, for you Raccoon City fans).  This is essentially Matter Swap, and two people NEED to be inside 2 of the 3 beams.  If you're not, it's a wipe (550k fire damage to all).  Aside from that, ranged NEED to kill adds full time.  Stone Guardians have 700k, Sparks of Life have around 700k, and those pesky Burial Urns have about 700k.  Ranged need to focus fire all adds ASAP and leave melee on the mini boss. 

Mantid Rooms = Drop da Bombs in the right places.  When you get the bomb debuff, you get an extra action button.  Go to the outside edge of the room away from your teammates and drop them methodically.  Don't spam click to drop or you'll activate your bombs and die.  You have 5 to put down relatively quickly or you blow up.  When you drop one, a small red circle lets you know the range of detonation.  Simply drop the bombs as close as possible to each other without going kamikaze on everyone.  Aside from that, avoid puddles and nuke adds just like the Mogu Rooms.

It helped us alot to open a panderan box along with 2 or 3 small ones to begin with.

After that we prioritized the biggest box we could open (along with 2 or 3 small ones again). We opened the 2nd panderan box before or after the 2nd big box, depending if the first was a dps buff or not. Opening the bigger boxes first allows you to skip a lot of the small boxes because they fill tour "lever" energy quicker.

The fight really wasn't all the bad for us but i can see an under geared raid having a tough time. I just want to point out a key fact. and I will bold this.

you only need to open one of the two massive crates to pull the leaver

We started by pulling a bunch of small crates until the pandaren activates. The pandaren seem to take 10 seconds longer to activate than the others and I also noticed that each crate is random. and with 4 crates per group per fight you very well could end up with  not getting one of the buffs. This might be a glitch but it happened to us this week because our side did not get a pandaren mist weaver.

• Like 1

Guest Thels
Each lever requires 50 Energy to become usable. Killing an add grants a number of Energy that depends on the size of the create from which the add spawn:
  • killing an add that spawned from a Lightweight crate gives 1 Energy;
  • killing an add that spawned from a Stout crate gives 4 Energy;
  • killing an add that spawned from a Massive crate gives 14 Energy.

Are you sure about the amount of energy from Stout crates. We did the encounter a couple of times, and I seemed to miscalculate every time Stout crates are involved. I also read on various spots on the web that he grants 3 energy.

Also, it might be helpful to include the percentage as well (every 1 energy being 2%), as the big bar at the bottom of your screen gives a clear reading of the percentage. I found calculating that lightweight crates give 2%, stout crates give 6% and massive crates give 28% to be a lot easier.

Each lever requires 50 Energy to become usable. Killing an add grants a number of Energy that depends on the size of the create from which the add spawn:
  • killing an add that spawned from a Lightweight crate gives 1 Energy;
  • killing an add that spawned from a Stout crate gives 4 Energy;
  • killing an add that spawned from a Massive crate gives 14 Energy.

Are you sure about the amount of energy from Stout crates? We did the encounter a couple of times, and I seemed to miscalculate every time Stout crates are involved. Afterwards, I checked around, and some sites seem to indicate it only provides 3 energy.

Also, it might be helpful to include the percentage as well (every 1 energy being 2%), as the big bar at the bottom of your screen gives a clear reading of the percentage. I found calculating that lightweight crates give 2%, stout crates give 6% and massive crates give 28% to be a lot easier.

Edited by Thels

ability_animusdraw.jpgCrimson Reconstitution doesn't heal friendly players.  Or at least it doesn't show up in world of logs.  Spell details for it doesn't show any healing on anything except hostile mobs, from all our progression attempts, including the early ones where I think people were standing in it on purpose to see if it did anything.

Can anyone confirm that spell_mage_runeofpower.jpgMogu Rune of Power does buff players?  It doesn't show up in WoL, but I assume it's like fluidity on jin'rokh, and only shows up in your UI without generating a combat log aura gain / loss entry.  As a tank, I haven't really been able to check, since I don't think I can stand in it without buffing the mobs I'm tanking.

On Mantid or Mogu, we start with both pandaren crates at once.  If you don't open them simulatenously, you can get unfortunate timing like breath of fire at the same time as gusting crane kick, so I have a DPS open the far one for me, and end up tanking them in the middle.  Then it works out that you don't have them both doing a special at the same time.  Might work just as well to open some other crates along with one pandaren, then repeat, but people are sitting on cooldowns / heroism for the massive crate on the pull.

On mantid side, you can just click a lot of crates and not really care what's coming out.

On Mogu side, the one hard and fast rule we've found is that you never want to click a medium crate while you already have an anima golem out.  Double ability_creature_cursed_04.jpgMatter Scramble is just too hard to deal with, along with everything else that's happening.  Also too likely to end up with mobs getting healed if tanking a lot of stuff with two anima golems out.  And multiple Burial Urns that aren't close enough for ranged cleave are also bad, so wait on Burial Urns before opening more small crates that aren't close.

We generally don't open any crates during the massive bosses, instead using our cleave on the stone statues as we drag the boss next to them.  I have to be on my toes to not actually get stunned, while still bringing the boss close enough for chain lightning to jump to one or two more targets.

On Mogu side, we've found it easier to do two bosses.  One right away with hero, the 2nd after some time.  On the assumption that the buff runes work on players, I've been going for the 2nd massive crate while there's a haste rune active but everything else pretty much dead.

On Mantid side, we do one massive, and then just run around the room clicking as much as I feel I can survive.  Kite when one is enraged to avoid the sunders.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm that spell_mage_runeofpower.jpgMogu Rune of Power does buff players?  It doesn't show up in WoL, but I assume it's like fluidity on jin'rokh, and only shows up in your UI without generating a combat log aura gain / loss entry.  As a tank, I haven't really been able to check, since I don't think I can stand in it without buffing the mobs I'm tanking.

I asked my dps last night whether they got the buff from it.  Nobody said they had, and 100% haste would be pretty noticeable.  I tried myself a couple times when there was a circle up, and I'm sure I didn't have a buff appear, so looks like this also doesn't work on players.  The wording in the guide at least suggests it works on players, so that should probably get changed.  So people aren't trying to take advantage of a non-existant damage buff like I was...

Then the raid composition is not 2-3 healers with 5-6 dps, as is in the basic info, right? But fix 2 healers 6 dps in 10 man?

Honestly I don't understand why you'd want to 3-heal it. The damage (when your DPS are awake) is absolutely trivial and we were doing only ~50k HPS for the entire fight. The key is strategy. The most important point is;

On Mogu side, the one hard and fast rule we've found is that you never want to click a medium crate while you already have an anima golem out.  Double ability_creature_cursed_04.jpgMatter Scramble is just too hard to deal with, along with everything else that's happening. 

THAT.

Elsewise, our strategy was simply to take;

1. Massives on their own, one at a time.
  2. Mediums one at a time with some smaller crates - usually two or three per room.
  3. Small crates - we chain-pulled them. Our group was taking up to seven small Mogu crates at once (they are literally trivial).

In the end we finished each room with tens of seconds to spare.

My guildie found out that he could spellsteal the mantid guy that cast some buff and he was hitting for a crap ton when he did it.

I dont have logs but i will save it next week.

I've found I like doing both big crates on mantid side, as well as on mogu.  Do one at the start, then one at 36 energy.  If you do 2 in a row at the start, you'll be out of room to drop bombs for set to blow.  For bomb placement alone, making some space by opening some other boxes would be better, but not everyone will use their DPS cooldowns on the pandaren crates, so there will be single-target dps CDs up for the first big guy.  DPS CDs for most classes are most efficient without a ton of target swapping.

When we eventually get to this on heroic, it's obvious that doing 2 big crates is better, so might as well get some practice now noticing that we're getting up close to 36 energy, and making my way towards a big crate.  If you open some small crates while the big guys are up, you can open the last big one earlier than 36, obviously.

For heroic it depends on your roles. First your healers need to be able to heal the constant damage happening from the two big boxes.

Second, your healers can only sustain for so long. Your tanks and DPS need to be doing enough damage (as well as healers positioning their mistweaver buff) to make the big guy drop ASAP.

If one of those doesn't hold up, you may find that your aoe dps is higher and you can pull the rest of the boxes instead of opening two bug guys.

Guest Rax

There is a buff called Rage of Empress from one of the Mantids. It can be stolen by a mage. It increases damage by a whopping 50% for 30 seconds. Any mage would definitely wanna steal that asap.