FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Watermasta

Fixing Affliction AOE

What do you guys think about Seed applying all 3 dots instead of just corruption?

Or maybe a cooldown that allows maelific grasp to hit all targets within 10 yards or something like that?

Grossly overpowered and a reason it doesn't exist.  Affliction's AoE is fine. 

• Like 1

I only think SoC should have your own dot or increase dmg.

i fell weird the AOE of affliction, lack of skills or effects, IMO

Maybe what he says is really OP but affliction aoe is extremely lackluster , it should do smt more than apply a dot that hits like a wet noodle :(

Well let's not forget the damage SoC does by itself and SB:SS on a few of them.  Drain Soul to replenish.  It's all really too situational with Affliction.  You may be swimming in shards and you may not.  There may be a couple mobs close to death you can take advantage of, or there may not be.  Overall though, while SB:SoC > SoC spam isn't mind blowing DPS, it gets the job done when you have a horde of adds.

You're talking about an Affliction-like Fire and Brimstone.  It's not a terrible thought, but to hell with it.  SoC explosion does damage...spread the seeds and watch them blow up like fireworks.  The Corruption ticks are just bonus.  Remember, all of our DoTs are being buffed, so our multi-dotting facet of AoE is getting buffed.  This is good news! 

Don't go chasing waterfalls...

I understand. Please stick to the rivers that I'm use to...

My suggestion merely came from a desire to see a bit more fun AOE rotation for Afflic.

Back in BC, spamming seed was the bee's knees. The current Demo AOE rotation shows how much fun an AOE rotation can be and I was merely trying to come up with something similar for Afflic. Which is the reason I came to play a warlock after being a mage for 5 years.

I mean, I understand and everything, and I'm a let you finish, but adding 2 more DoT's to SB:SoC doesn't make it more fun.  If you want some fun, we should summon a shadowy beach ball that we bounce in the air towards the AoE.  When it hits them it bounces back randomly and you need to run to the bounce point to bounce it back at them.  You have to do all this while weaving in SoC and raid leading.  Seal this deal Blizz.

If you want to get real creative, give us that big shadow orb thing that Zon'ozz did.  Fun factor: someone in your raid has to bounce it a few times to power it up.  When ready, let it hit the mobs.  Bonus effect: corrupts all the land below the Warlock, makes him talk in weird tongues, and sprouts large, corruptor tentacles that attack your enemies AND your raid members at the same time. 

That would be interesting, and not at all stealing from me.  "K guys bounce it..... errr, it hit but nothing is happening.... wait.... I feel funny.... I just... whoa, uhhhherer;  ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

*throws up*

If you want to get real creative, give us that big shadow orb thing that Zon'ozz did.  Fun factor: someone in your raid has to bounce it a few times to power it up.  When ready, let it hit the mobs.  Bonus effect: corrupts all the land below the Warlock, makes him talk in weird tongues, and sprouts large, corruptor tentacles that attack your enemies AND your raid members at the same time. 

Well , that sounds like immolation aura , the land below you IS corrupted , the lines do look like tentacles and you do talk a weird language.

A Corruption Orb or a Shadow Bolt Volley would be good, btw xD

Or a Malefic Unicorn Grasp, an SoC channeled with dark rainbows and shit.