FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Killed this last night in 10 man with 4 wipes.  We originally sent 2 people to the conveyor belts but we found at our item level, we only needed 1 person.  I would still recommend two people going or your best mobile DPS. 

We noted something neat about the spawning of the items on the conveyor belt.  I was part of the 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc waves on the conveyor belt and the Bombs ALWAYS spawned in the same order.  On the 2nd conveyor belt, Bombs were first...so it was easy to nuke and get back to the main platform.  On the 4th Conveyor Belt phase, the Bombs were last...that gave us a little extra time getting over there.  I don't know Wave 1, 3, 5, 7, or 6 or 8 (I died just after Wave 4), but I think if we pull some info together from others, we can figure out the exact pattern.

As for the fight, most of our wipes/deaths came from the Death from Above thing.  I was going back and forth to conveyor belts so I'm not entirely sure what was killing people.  The Ragnaros mechanic had some fun with people...it hurts.  The Saw Blades are negligible except when he pulls them in towards himself.  Key point to never be between a saw blade and the boss in a straight line.  Once people quit dying to Death from Above and the Ragnaros mechanic, fight was over relatively quickly.

10m Experience here. I would suggest killing the missile turret first. it just reduces the shit you need to look out for on the ground. and if you assign one or two people to kill bombs when they spawn they are basically a non-issue. 

Based on where you come in from the bombs and the Gravitational pull all come form the left side. This is very important and be aware when the saw blades are being pulled they are going to fly that way. 

We found that tanking the adds in the fire was the best way to damage them. The stacking dot seems to do more damage than the saw blades.

We also tanked the boss where you enter the boss area, we did this so that when people came off the belt they were close to the boss. .

We killed it after several attempts in one half-night of work.

Lessons learned: dps leaving the conveyor belt are better off running into the exit pipe, not jumping.  People kept missing the pipe when jumping, since they were saying that running against the motion of the conveyor belt led to misjudging where you'd land from a jump.  I think while in the air you aren't getting pushed along by the belt or something?

If there are no saw blades (recent electormagnet) and no fire up, the shredders can live for too long, and do too much raid damage with overload (not to mention heavy add-tank damage).  In this case, call for DPS help on them when they are taking double damage following ability_siege_engineer_death_from_above.Death From Above.  EDIT: I'm not sure this will make much difference.  3 stacks of spell_shaman_staticshock.jpgElectrostatic Charge is more than enough to overcome the reduced damage taken by the add, so you're actually doing more damage to the shredder than other targets, while other players are doing 1/5th.  Tanking them in the missile rings helps a bit, but not much compared to saw blades, let alone fire.  (The stacking fire dot just melts them, esp. if you have a good stack before a death from above.)  If you need to, save dancing runeweapon or other tank-dps CD for death from above double-damage, instead of using it on the boss with the extra vengeance from ability_siege_engineer_protective_frenzyProtective Frenzy.

You may need to ask your co-tank to move the boss a bit if the perfect add-destroying spot is within 35yd.  Shredders are pretty dangerous to the raid, and put a lot of strain on healers.  Getting one down fast is going to take a lot of strain off healers.  

Our flavours of wipes were

• People stood in bad stuff usually ability_siege_engineer_sockwave_missile.Shockwave Missile, or for some reason it was usually healers that would die to ability_siege_engineer_superheated.jpgSuperheated stacks.  People with fire stacks need big heals to not die from it directly, or the next AoE from a shredder.  Try Hand of Purity if you see someone get stacks.
  • People messed up on the conveyor belt (split dps, or didn't realize one had the wrong thing targetted, or missed the jump back and died).  This took more attempts than I'd like to admit to sort out...  Having the raid leader call out the kill target helped, I think just reading off the DBM info frame tongue.png  DBM does a mini YorsahjPriority mod for this fight with the info frame, but doesn't seem to be configurable.  I think it prioritizes mines > electromagnet > IDK.
  • People came back from the conveyor belt right into something nasty, that they couldn't avoid because they were in tube mode, not able to move for a sec.  Or something like that, I forget exactly how the described the problem of getting hit by stuff as they were coming back.
  • Shredder damage ramped up too high and healers started losing people to stuff + ability_siege_engineer_overload.jpgOverload

Don't tank-swap too early if you finish an add fast.  The other tank won't have as many stacks of the debuff that lets them damage adds, and it will fall off sooner.  If they're caught without stuff to hold the add in and accelerate its demise, they might not kill it before the next one spawns.  This is bad, just for the tons of raid damage this will amount to, as well as the inconvenience of tank swapping with an add up.  We lost so many people we wiped both times this happened, before we could even try to tank swap.

Edited by Karsteck

Ok, so this boss really seems to have multiple viable priorities.

We used Laser turret > Crawler mines priority. So we did have no fire at all. In my opinion this makes the fight very easy, since every other ability somehow becomes a no-brainer: Move away from sawblades, shockwave should be very easy to avoid (Rangaros and Protectors of the Endless say hello).

We used 2 teams each with one melee and one range. The remaining range DD took care of the mines. We downed it after 5 attempts which was the time needed for our belt teams to learn not to die on the belt (missing the tubes in the end due to jumping).

I guess our tanks also didn't use the sawblades for the add damage but our DPS switched to the add after every jump. Although this might not be the fastest method there is no ramp up in difficulty over the length of the fight.

At some point, being on the conveyor belt, you will automatically get dragged back to the main platform, but I'm not 100% sure, when exactly this will happen, but I guess after the third item passed the line and before they will get active on the other side. So, if you are targeting the last item, you can also try to just stay on the belt instead of trying to get in the tubes, which can be tricky sometimes. As Karsteck already mentioned, it is much easier running into the tubes instead of jumping.

Edited by Farnion

Does anyone know if heroic siegecrafter they fixed rogues/hunters going up the belt w/o the pipe?

Still possible with a hunter.

For heroic mode you mention the Empowered Priority system, in the 2 different strats I looked up based on videos, there is one time in each that it does not follow the priority

My formatting is as follows: Wave #: Kill Target -- Empowered Weapon / Normal Weapon

ScrubBusters kill order (Based on Warcraft Academy's Guide):
Wave 1: Missile -- Empowered Mines / Normal Laser
Wave 2: Missile -- Empowered Laser / Normal Mines
Wave 3: Missile -- Empowered Magnet / Normal Laser
Wave 4: Missile -- Empowered Mines / Normal Laser
Wave 5: Missile -- Empowered Magnet / Normal Mines
Wave 6: Mines -- Empowered Laser / Normal Mines
Wave 7: Missile -- Empowered Mines / Normal Laser
Wave 8: Missile -- Empowered Magnet / Normal Mines
Wave 9: Laser -- Empowered Laser / Normal Mines
Wave 10: Missile -- Empowered Mines / Normal Laser
Wave 11: Missile -- Empowered Missile / Normal Magnet (* does not follow priority)
Wave 12: Laser 

Blood Legion Kill order (Based on Landsoul Rogue PoV)
Note: This is 'GUESSWORK' from the video on what is empowered or not, it may or may not work the same:
Wave 1: Mines -- Empowered Missile / Normal Laser
Wave 2: Mines -- Empowered Laser / Normal Missile
Wave 4: Mines -- Empowered Missile / Normal Laser
Wave 5: Mines -- Empowered Missile / Normal Magnet (Does not follow priority)
Wave 6: Mines -- Empowered Mines / Normal Laser
Wave 7: Mines -- Empowered Laser / Missile
Wave 8: Mines -- Empowered Magnet / Normal Missile
Wave 9: Mines -- Empowered Laser / Normal Laser
Wave 10: Mines -- Empowered Missile / Normal Laser
Wave 11: Missile -- Empowered Magnet / Normal Missile
Wave 12: Mines -- Empowered Laser / Normal Magnet
Wave 13: Kill boss (or Mines > Missile)

We do almost the same as Krazyito mentioned as second 'guesswork' with a difference in the 3rd wave: We kill the magnet and empower the missile. That makes us have only one Empowered Magnet phase (which kills us anyways...) at wave 8, the boss is on 25-30% HP at this moment.

Guest Jïnx

So is it still possible for rogue's to ambush (with cloacks and daggers) onto the belt?

Moonkins can also do it with a well timed wild charge.  Basically as soon as you see yourself exist the pipe hit it and you will float back onto the conveyor.

I'd like to clarify the Empowering mechanic in the heroic encounter. As stated by Krazyito, some sets don't follow the announced order. From what I've been able to understand through various videos and my guild's attempts, the empowering first follows a counter mechanic. The weapon that has been empowered the least over the course of the fight will be the highest priority for the next empowering. If several weapons have the same count, the listed priority is used as a tiebreaker.

To take Krazyito's first example

ScrubBusters kill order (Based on Warcraft Academy's Guide):
Wave 1: Missile -- Empowered Mines / Normal Laser
Wave 2: Missile -- Empowered Laser / Normal Mines
Wave 4: Missile -- Empowered Mines / Normal Laser
Wave 5: Missile -- Empowered Magnet / Normal Mines
Wave 6: Mines -- Empowered Laser / Normal Mines 
Wave 7: Missile -- Empowered Mines / Normal Laser
Wave 8: Missile -- Empowered Magnet / Normal Mines
Wave 9: Laser -- Empowered Laser / Normal Mines
Wave 10: Missile -- Empowered Mines / Normal Laser
Wave 11: Missile -- Empowered Missile / Normal Magnet (* does not follow priority)
Wave 12: Laser -- Empowered Magnet/ Normal Mines 

Note that, although he did not mention it, wave 6 is also *wrong* since Mines should take precedence over Laser.

However, if you apply what I said:

On wave 6, the count is 2 Magnets, 2 Mines, 0 Missiles, 1 Laser. Therefore, Laser's do take precedence over Mines.

On wave 11, the count is 3 magnets, 4 Mines, 0 Missiles, 3 Lasers. Missiles are the clear choice here.

As you can expect, this makes it very difficult to predict the next Empowered weapon on the fly. My advice is to determine which phases are most difficult for your raid, then go through multiple scenarios on paper to try to minimize their occurrence.

Edit: I took a look at Landsoul's vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUAxvxYw-HY

And got this from it:

Wave 1: Mines -- Empowered Missile / Normal Laser
Wave 2: Mines -- Empowered Laser / Normal Missile
Wave 4: Mines -- Empowered Missile / Normal Laser
Wave 5: Mines -- Empowered Magnet / Normal Missile (switched empowered)
Wave 6: Mines -- Empowered Mines / Normal Laser
Wave 7: Mines -- Empowered Laser / Missile
Wave 8: Mines -- Empowered Magnet / Normal Missile
Wave 9: Mines -- Empowered Laser / Normal Laser
Wave 10: Mines -- Empowered Missile / Normal Laser
Wave 11: Missile -- Empowered Magnet / Normal Missile
Wave 12: Mines -- Empowered Laser / Normal Magnet

So wave 5 is not weird. It spawns on the platform around 4:04 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qUAxvxYw-HY#t=243). If you pause the pause the vid in HD fullscreen, you can read the "Ya' ever wonder how magnets work?" flavor text in chat meaning the magnet is empowered.

However, wave 12 is *odd* because Magnet > Laser. Again, the count was 4 Magnets, 1 Mine, 3 Missiles, 3 Lasers. Therefore, Empowered laser on 12 is normal.

Edit2: Sorry for the double post, I first posted as a guest, but I suppose there is a validation time and I couldn't edit the post.

Edited by GrookeThrokFeroth
  • Like 1

If you have trouble with mines blowing up in your raid, have your engineers put this on their belt: EMP Generator for a 30 yard mechanial stun.

Edited by Ghanjo